Chapter 21- Bennie

"I'm a hockey player and that's what I love to do. That's what I'm here for. Everything else is just a side note." -Connor McDavid

Natalie's P.O.V

I glanced down a my bicep and was instantly filled with joy. The skin surrounding the tattoo was still slightly irritated, but it looked absolutely amazing. To most people this tattoo was dumb, but to my family it meant a lot. Throughout my childhood my grandma (not Barb) had taken us to various art museums to look at Keith Haring's artwork. We'd gone to at least 15 in total, all of my cousins in tow. It was my favorite part of the Summer every year.

"Welcome to Tampa, baby!" Jonny shouted, earning high fives from the team. They their first game against Tampa tomorrow so we got to spend today how ever we wanted. We'd been here for the next five days so Jonny invited me along. Abby and Chaunette would be here so I would have friends while the boys were working.

Jon wrapped his arm around me as we walked through the airport. We had rented a car so we didn't have to take the team bus like most people. Jon collected our bags and called Pat over. He was staying in the same room as us so it only made sense that we carpooled there. We were jamming out to Luke Bryan, flying down the highway in our red convertible. Peaks and I couldn't stop laughing at this picture on tumblr while Jonny sung an out of tune version of 'I Could Drink to That'. I'd never realized how lucky I was to know these two goofballs, but wow, I was so happy I did.

*****

"Natalie Plager, how the hell are you?" Ben Bishop shouted. I ran towards him, throwing my arms around his neck. It had been a couple years since I last saw him, yet he was still one of my all-time best friends.

"Bennie, god how have you been?" He laughed at my use of the nickname I'd made up nearly five years ago. He was clearly looking down towards me since he was well over a foot taller than me. That's why I preferred to be around Peaks, he was only 4 or 5 inches taller than me so I could catch up to him in heels.

"I'm in the Finals aren't I? Oh and I heard you were dating a certain captain." He smirked down at me causing my cheeks to flair in color.

"That maybe true. Chicago really fucked up my hate for the Hawks."

"Then I better see you cheering for me out there." He shot me a wink and made his way back towards his dressing room. I was going to be in a suite tonight which was actually really annoying. If much rather be in the stands with the fans, especially since I could cheer for Tampa at ease here. As much as I loved the boys, I would always cheer for Ben over them. Even if I was dating one of the Hawks.

"Nat I'm not letting you into my locker room wearing that." Q joked, hugging me quickly before I could get to Jon. I looked ridiculous among the sea of white in the dressing room. My bright blue jersey contrasted heavily. Crow glared at me due to the fact that I was wearing his enemy's jersey. Jon on the other hand just laughed. He knew I was friends with Bennie long before I even knew the name Jonathan Toews so he never got too upset at me for cheering for him.

I made my to the suite and was instantly engulfed in a hug. I'd just seen Chaunette, but apparently I was her best friend and she hated going more than a day without seeing me. It wasn't that she wasn't my best girlfriend, but I was used with going months without seeing my friends. But it was great to have someone who cared that much about me. Abby Sharp hugged me as did Alyssa. I still wasn't too close with her, but I desperately wanted that to change. I mean, Brandon was one of my best friends so I should get to know his girlfriend.

The game started shortly after. What seemed like seconds into the game, Killorn made a behind the back tap in to gain the lead on the Hawks. A part of me was happy the Lightning scored, but a bigger part wanted the Hawks to take this one. But as the first and second periods rolled down, my faith disappeared. It was over halfway through the third and we still hadn't scored. That is until Keith made an expert pass to Teuvo who had an open lane to the goal. Then a couple minutes later, Vermette intercepted a pass for an easy goal. We had to hold the lead for less than 5 more minutes.

And we did!

Chaunette and I practically ran down the the locker room to celebrate with our boys. Amanda, Abby and Alyssa were close behind. Security was having a tough time letting us through, but when the equipment managers saw us they let us in. Everyone made their way towards the Hawks room, but I wanted to say a quick goodbye to Ben. I was let in by security and made my way towards Ben's stall. He instantly hugged me, but I pushed him away due to his awful stench.

"Hey Benji, I didn't know you had a girlfriend. I'm Tyler Johnson." He extended his hand, which I wearily shook.

"She's not my girlfriend. She's an old friend from St. Louis."

"So you're single then?" Tyler smirked, wrapping his arm around me. I shrugged it off and leaned deeper into Ben's side.

"She's actually dating Tazer so I'd suggest you back off." Ben said, glaring in his teammates direction. I didn't want to cause a fight between them so I left the pretty abruptly. Jonny was already dressed and waiting for me by the time I got to their locker room. Most of the team was gone, but Peaks and Crow were still in the corner chatting. I made my way towards him and gave him the biggest kiss possible.

"Good game, Mr. Captain." He wrapped his arm around me as we exited the arena. I saw T on the way out, who I congratulated on an amazing game. Tampa was hot, especially at night. While Chicago seemed to cool down after 8, Tampa's humidity loved to come out. My skin instantly broke into a sweat and all I wanted to do was be in my AC'd hotel room.

"So want to go out with the boys tonight?" He asked, backing out of the now empty arena parking lot. I cringed at the thought of drinking in such excruciating heat. I gave a hard pass and just asked to be dropped off at the hotel so he could have some fun with his friends. It was well deserved, especially since I was always tagging along with them. I'm sure they were all sick of me at this point.

The AC in the lobby instantly welcomed me. The elevator ride to the 16th floor seemed to take forever. All I wanted was to be in my pj's with a nice book. Which is exactly what I did as soon as I got to our room. My pj's were just a plain oversized t-shirt, that was most likely Jon or Patrick, and a pair of athletic shorts. I looked like a mess, but who was I trying to impress in this empty room.

I got 3 chapters into the book I'd just started when there was a knock on the door. It was probably just Patrick wanting to hang our or a drunk Jonny. Either way I would probably fall asleep talking to them. My whole body ached with exhaustion as I made my way towards the door. But it wasn't Jon or Pat, it was Tyler Johnson. What could he want?

"Hey Natalie, where's Jonathan?" He asked, leaning against the door frame. His eyes were scanning my body, a smirk resting on his lips. The shirt I was wearing was so big that it made it appear I wasn't wearing pants.

"He's out with the team. Celebrating." I added, mostly to piss him off.

"Well that's good for me then, huh?" Before I could answer, Tyler's lips were pressed firmly against my own. He attempted to slip his tongue into my mouth, but I managed to push him off of me. "Goodnight Nat."

He said with a wink, making his way down the long hotel corridor. I was left speechless and I would remain that way until this series was over. Knowing Jonny, he would hunt Tyler down and give him a piece of his mind. Or even worse, he would attack him. I didn't want Jon to get in trouble in the finals or with the law.

So there was no way in hell Jonny could know.

Please don't kill me for not updating, I forgot how much time school took up. I'm not even exaggerating, I don't get home until 9 some nights because of matches so there's no way I'm writing at those times. But I will really try to write more frequently now that the beginning rush of school had passed. I apologize again!

Q: Favorite Coach?

A: Ken Hitchcock (Not because of the Blues, I just love that man)

FIRST GAME COUNTDOWN: 35 Days