Chapter 14- Teenagers

"I heard Rolex makes nice watches" -Brendan Gallagher

Natalie's P.O.V

I glanced up at the clock, 10:46. Patrick was late. Instead of over reacting, I sipped on my iced chai. Patrick entered about 5 minutes later. His hair was windblown even though it was tucked in a Cubs hat. He sat down adjacent to me, giving me an apologetic smile. I dismissed it quickly and raised an eyebrow at him. He had called me this morning, begging me meet him for coffee to talk. The thing was, Pat and I never really had actual conversations. Our relationship was based mostly on sarcasm and dumb jokes.

"So what's up?" I asked to break the silence. He was sipping on his coffee not making a peep.

"Well, I think I'm gonna break up with Amanda." He choked out. My jaw dropped instantly, causing tears to form in his eyes. I pulled him in for a hug, resting my head on top of his blonde curls. We made eye contact for a brief moment before he turned away. His normally soft blue eyes were dark like the sea expecting a storm. The moisture around his iris' caused the color to intensify. After about 10 minutes of his muffled cries, he composed himself.

"Why?" Was all I could manage. He chewed lightly on his lower lip before answering.

"She's always bitching about how much I'm away. Like what am I supposed to do? Quit my job!" He threw his hand in the air before continuing. "Plus she's distracting me from hockey."

I stifled a laugh. "She's distracting you? You're like one of the leading point scorers in the playoffs."

"I just don't know what to do."

"Do you love her?"

"I thought I did, but then I see you and Jonny and I'll never love her as much as you guys love each other."

"I- I don't love Jonny." My cheeks flared in color. I couldn't already love Jonny, we'd only been together a week or so. Right?

"Oh that's bullshit. You guys have such goo-goo eyes at each other. It's pretty gross actually." I slapped his arm, instantly regretting in. That was such a teenage move. A teenager that was begging their best friend not to tell her crush she likes them. That was me. A 26 year-old woman acting like a 16 year-old version of herself.

I grabbed my things, agreeing to meet Pat back at his place. Honestly, I didn't want to even be in their house. After last night, I was pretty embarrassed to see Jon. Last night was another teenager move. I mean, I've slept with plenty of random guys, so why was sleeping with my boyfriend such a big deal. Then I made up that thing about not allowing myself to be with hockey players anymore. In reality, I'd only slept with a few hockey players, my high school boyfriend, Jordan Eberle and TJ. I had a pretty bad lying habit.

I pulled into the boy's driveway and fixed my hair out of habit. Pat had somehow beat me here and his truck was parked at the top of the driveway. Adjacent to it was Jonny's SUV. I was greeted at the door by Pat, who welcomed me with Jimmy John's sandwich. Random, huh?

"Hey baby." Jonny shouted from the living room. I made my way there only to see him and Brandon playing NHL 15. I ran towards my favorite Blackhawk, wrapping my arms around him. He groaned, pausing the game and pulling me in for a hug.

"Nice to see you, Nat." Brandon said against my hair which must've been in his face. He threw me off him and unpaused the game. Slightly offended by his actions, I made my way towards my 8th favorite Hawk. Jonny scooted over for me as I leaned into his shoulder. They quickly finished their game, Brandon winning 3-2.

"We're going out tonight. Wanna come?" Jonny asked, resting his head against mine. I smiled up at him and he gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Well I'm not really up for getting drunk tonight so I'm gonna pass."

"No it's not like that. All of the WAGs are coming and were getting Italian."

"Well then I'm in. I'm gonna go get ready."

*****

I glanced at myself in the mirror for what must've been the hundredth time. The white dress I wore clung to my hips and above, then hung loosely until a couple inches above my knee. The nude pumps I wore made my normally short legs look long. My dirty blonde hair was curled in beachy waves and I wore berry lips. Since it was barely 60 degrees out, I pulled on a dark gray sweater. It was nearly 7 now so I made my way towards the boy's house.

"Holy shit you look beautiful, Nat." Jonny gasped. My eyes scanned his body as quick as possible. He wore black dress pants, a blue shirt and a gray jacket.

"And you look handsome." I noted, receiving a kiss. Jon ushered us out the door. Apparently I had made us late. The restaurant ended up only being 20 minutes away, which was mostly due to the terrible traffic that coated this city. That was something I missed the most about St. Louis. Since there was nearly 2.5 million less people in my hometown, the traffic was never very bad. Chicago on the other hand was complete hell.

"Natalie Plager, get over here!" Chaunette yelled, grabbing me from my confused boyfriend. She sat me down in a chair adjacent to her. I glanced around the table, noticing there was no more chairs left. That meant Jonny didn't have anywhere to sit. Scott Darling seemed to notice.

"There's no where for you to sit, Bud. You might as well go home." He joked, earning chuckles from the group around us. Only a handful of the team was here, most of which had their girlfriends by their sides. There was Darls, Crow, Saad, Sharpy, Shawsy and Hammer. The only ones without female counterparts were Patrick and David. Jonny eventually found a chair and placed it next to mine. Dinner was on it's way.

*****

Just like last night, I'd had a little too much wine to drink. Jonny decided to take me back to his place again. We were driving back, I was giggling like a child. Jon was clearly annoyed, but was trying his best to not let my immature nature bug him. He had to carry me up his front and, much to my dismay, placed me in his bed immediately. He'd changed me out of my fitted dress and pulled one of his hoodie's over my head. It hit mid thigh so he decided that it wasn't appropriate with Pat in the house. That led him to pull his huge sweats over my legs.

"Okay, I'll be in the living room if you need me." He stated, his lips in a straight line. Despite his anger towards me, I was granted with a kiss before he started leaving his room.

"Jonnnnyyyy." I whined causing him to turn back towards me. "Sleep in here." He obeyed, pulling off his shirt and cuddling by my side. Even though I probably looked like a mess, he looked at me with such admiration. So these were the infamous 'lovey-dovey' eyes Pat was talking about. I must've been 10 times worse. I was practically drooling over the boy next to me.

There was something about him that made him so beautiful to me. It might've been anything. His eyes, his laugh, his smile. Maybe it was just him as a whole that made him so appealing. He was Chicago's Hero. Everyone looked up to him, yet he was still somehow the most humble guy I'd ever met. Plus he never failed to make me feel like a Princess, which none of my previous boyfriends could manage. All of his quirks and stupid jokes added up into the guy I was falling hard for. Maybe Pat was right. Maybe I did love Jonny.

Okay revelations part dos. I was watching the Canadien's Duels on YouTube (because what else am I supposed to do in the off-season) and after 5 hours of these videos (not exaggerating) I officially like the Habs. They might've even beaten the Flames out for 5th favorite team. Brendan Gallagher is also my true love. Well peace there's like 4 hours of Habs shows on NHL Network right now.

PS: For the QOTD I will be avoiding Blackhawks players and my all time favs because you guys know they would be the answers.

Q: Hockey player crushes?

A: Carey Price, Tom Wilson and Henrick Lundqvist

PPS: Notice how 2/3 are goalies ;)