Chapter 17- Familia

Jonathan's P.O.V

I know sex wasn't meant to define a relationship. I'd known that forever. But after being with Nat last night, I couldn't help falling in love with her. It wasn't even the actual sex that caused the realization. It was the snapshots from a myriad of memories. Her eyelashes against my cheek, nails digging into my back and her hands delicately running through my hair. And waking up next to her, her uneven breath against my chest and our bodies mangled together. She was the epitome of beauty. And I was in love with her. I was in love with Natalie Anne Plager.

"Baby, when's your practice." Nat mumbled, her voice groggy from sleep. She glanced up at me, her eyelashes casting shadows across her face. There was a love mark along her collarbone.

"I've got a skate at noon. Are you coming to the game?" She nodded, stealing the comforter from my bed and wrapped it around her bare body. She managed to find her leggings and one of my hoodies. It was massive on her much like the rest of my clothes.

"Barb's home by the way." She stated nonchalantly. My jaw dropped, I hadn't seen Barb in weeks. "Want to head over?"

I nodded, finding a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. We made our way down the street towards Nat's house. I was instantly greeted by the stench of pancakes. Molly ran toward me with her tail wagging heavily. Patrick was in the kitchen eating eggs with Amanda.

"Hey Nat long time no see." He yelled, throwing a piece of bacon towards her. She grabbed his pancakes and chowed them down. Pat glared at her, but there was still a stack of flapjacks on the counter. Barb stood in the corner watching us as if we were her children. She smiled at the bonding between Patrick and Natalie that had occurred in the past month. I gave her a quick hug before finding a spot between Peaks and Natalie. They were my family and I was finally home.

*****

My hands fumbled with the laces of my skates. I was nervous, something I hadn't felt much in my hockey career. I just wanted Natalie to be proud of me. She hadn't seen me play in a few weeks. Plus I just wanted to beat the Ducks more than anything. The thing was, I had a friend on almost every NHL team. Except the Ducks. I honestly just hated them, all the players were assholes.

"Jonny calm down." Marcus whispered, nudging me with his stick. I was shaking. He was right, I needed to calm down before stepping out on the ice. I was going to make a fool of myself if I couldn't. Coach came in yelling at us to get our heads in the game. It seemed to be pointed at me for the most part. We stepped on the ice and all my worries faded away. It was just a hockey game. A hockey game I desperately wanted to win.

*****

Nat looked at me with a desperate smile. She didn't say anything, which I was thankful for. We'd lost the game. Nat intertwined our hands as we walked to my car. The ride was silent. I was pissed, but I wasn't going to take it out on her. I couldn't make that mistake like I did last loss. It wasn't her fault I couldn't play.

"My parents are flying in tomorrow." I stated in a monotone voice. Nat raised an eyebrow, but didn't question my statement. She instead hummed along to the song on the radio. Her fingers were tapping on the window to the beat. The window was down causing the wind to blow her blonde hair back. She looked like a super model. Our eyes met briefly, but she turned away quickly.

"You know I would appreciate it if you would look at the road. Everyone in Chicago would hate me if you crashed because you were looking at me." I laughed, lying my hand on her thigh. Sam Hunt filled the small space of my car and we both sung in an off-key harmony.

  They roll the sidewalks in this town
All up after the sun goes down
They say nothin' good happens here
When midnight rolls around
But layin' down would be in vain
I can't sleep with you on my brain
And I ain't anywhere close to tired
Your kiss has got me wired

  Girl, you got the beat right, killin' in your Levis
High on your loving's got me buzzin' like a streetlight
It's still early out in Cali, baby, don't you wanna rally again
We'll find a road with no name, lay back in the slow lane
The sky is dropping Jupiter around us like some old train
We'll be rolling down the windows, I bet you we're catchin' our second wind
We don't have to go home, we can leave the night on
We can leave the night on

"We should see Sam Hunt."

"I don't know. I might go to Country Thunder so I don't know if it's worth it." She stated.

"Maybe I'll go to CT." She laughed, shaking her head.

"Baby you'd get mauled there. You need to stick to Lollapalooza where they have private rooms."

"I guess we're going to Lolla." I gave her a kiss before pulling her into my house. She handed me some left over pasta and a salad before she went to shower. Throughout the past week she'd been slowly moving things over here. Mostly just shower stuff since Mark had taken over her's at Barb's house. But there was more too. A toothbrush, a pair of jeans, a couple hats. All little things, but it made it realer. We were a real couple. It wasn't like she was the first girl I'd ever loved. There was my high school girlfriend and of course Lindsey. But Natalie was different. She was the first girl I could picture being with forever.

"Do you know if we have any eggs?" Nat asked, interrupting me from my thoughts. She walked out of the bathroom, brushing through her hair. Her body was covered in an oversized Candiens tee and black athletic shorts. The shirt was so big, only an inch of the shorts showed.

"Yeah we have eggs, but you're switching teams again?" She rolled her eyes, taking a bite of my salad.

"I can like more than one team you know." I pulled her onto my lap so she was pretty much straddling my waist. She slammed her lips against mine, letting her tongue explore my mouth. My fingers tugged at her hair, attempting to keep the kiss going as long as possible. She managed to break away, rolling off of me onto the couch.

"Goodnight Jonny." She whispered with a wink and a smirk, leaving me in complete aw.

This girl was going to be the death of me.

Bears Preseason starts today can I get a hallelujah. I wouldn't say I'm a football fan, but boy have I missed it. Fun Fact: There used to be a player on the bears named Isaiah Frey (Frey is my last name) and I convinced my ex-boyfriend he was my cousin for like 3 months. Oh and I dyed my hair blonder today and I'm so in love with it.

Q:If you had to choose a team from the Eastern Conference to root for who would it be?

A: Rangers and Candiens