Chapter 22 -Galaxy

"I had always seen myself as a star; I wanted to be a galaxy." -Twyla Tharp

Jonathan's P.O.V

"I think I want three kids." Natalie stated one morning. The sun had just risen, but we were wide awake. She was playing with my hand while I was rubbing her back. We were finally back in Chicago and were down 2-1. There was a game tonight, but Nat and I wanted to spend some time together before I had to head back to Tampa tomorrow. She was starting her new job tomorrow with the Cubs. As far as I knew, she was excited. She was one of the biggest Cubs fans I knew, so just being able to work in the same building as them made her ecstatic.

"Yeah growing up with one sibling was pretty boring, ay?" She looked up at me a small smile. It was something I liked bringing up. We both only had a brother who we rarely saw, yet loved more than anyone else. Except maybe each other, but we were both too scared to admit it. I wanted to let her know how much she meant to me, but it seemed too soon. I mean we'd only been together for a little over a month. Maybe it was time, but I wanted it to be perfect.

"My parents are flying in today. I'm sorry to spring it on you." Nat gave me an apologetic smile and made her way back into my house. She poured us both a cup of tea and made a quick smoothie. That was another good thing about Nat. Since she and Mark didn't eat meat, our breakfast ended up being very healthy. This was especially good on game days when the last thing I needed was bacon and pancakes.

"Well good. I need to thank them for making the girl of my dreams." She blushed, turning her attention back the the TV that was playing highlights from last night's game. I switched it off, not wanting to relive the loss again. Even with Ben's injury, we'd still gotten beaten. The chance of winning the Cup was slowly slipping out of our grasp. I needed this win tonight, for the team and to impress Nat's parents.

"They'll be here in a few hours." She said, scrolling through her twitter. I glanced over her shoulder to see what she was looking at. It was some guy's profile with the username Jake_Collins. I quickly threw my dishes in the sink, causing a loud cacophony. Nat's eyes flew to me, both of us cursing under our breaths. "What was that for?"

"Who's Jake?" I asked through gritted teeth. Her face was draped in confusion until she figured out who I was talking about. Then she laughed. As if my question was the funniest thing in the world. She laughed for a good five minutes before she composed herself.

"It's my friend Jake that I met at the beach. You know the one that saved me from that creepy guy." She said, a smile still resting on her face. How was I supposed to remember a guy she hadn't talked to in weeks. As if reading my mind, she said "He invited me to lunch so I'm gonna go home to get ready."

There was a small pang in my heart. I know I don't have to worry about Jake and Nat, but my past can't seem to let go of the sinking feeling that there's something going on between them. The worst part is I can't tell Natalie. She'll think I'm overreacting and it'll cause a big scene. I really don't want to fight with her before I leave for Tampa.

Lindsey cheating was always in the back of my mind. I don't know why I didn't tell Nat about it, but now telling her seemed too late. There was also the chance that she would think I was still in love with Linds if she found out the real reason we split. It was far from a mutual agreement like I'd originally told her. I'd still loved Lindsey when Id broken up with her, but all those feelings were completely gone now that I had Nat in my life. But I could never shake the thought that Natalie was going to do the exact same thing.

*****

"Well you must be a girl with shoes like that, she said you know me well." Chelsea Dagger blasted through the UC, signifying our win. I glanced up towards Nat, who gave me a quick thumbs up. I'd scored early in the second along with Brandon, who helps secure the win. Her whole family was here now, dressed in two separate teams. Nat and her dad were both sporting Tampa jersey's while Mark and her mom had Hawks gear on. Nat was constantly switching between both teams, but I had convinced her to be strictly Hawks for the rest of the season. With Ben barely being able to play, it was pretty easy to convince her.

The Plagers were waiting outside the locker room. I shook Mr. Plagers hand, who I'd learned was named Joseph and Mrs. Plager, or should I say Julie, pulled me in for a hug. They were a sweet family, but I really just wanted to be with Natalie tonight. Three days didn't seem long, but I was growing used to having her in the stands, cheering me on. So not having her there when I really needed it was going to be tough.

The Plagers decided to just head back to Barb's house to catch some sleep, meaning Natalie would be coming over. She told her parents she'd be staying in the guest room and not in my bed, but I had a feeling they wouldn't care much anyways. They knew she had a big first day tomorrow and just wanted a good night's sleep. That worked in my advantage because all I wanted to do was fall asleep holding her. I wasn't going to get it for the next few nights.

"You played great, babe." She pressed her lips lightly to mine as we were sat in the living room. My goal was being analyzed on the NHL network. Her eyes were glued to the TV while mine were locked intently on her. After a few minutes she caught onto my staring.

"What?" She asked, laying her head on my shoulder. Her blonde hair was cascading down her back like a golden waterfall. Her light blue eyes appeared larger since she was looking up at me. She was beautiful, she was mine, and I loved her.

"I was just thinking how perfect you are. And how much I love you." I blurted out. Her cheeks flared in color, but she slammed her lips against mine. Our tongues tangled together and our lips moved together in perfect harmony. She broke the kiss and rested her forehead against mine.

"I love you so much." She breathed out, connecting our lips once more. We were like two stars colliding together, causing a spectrum of unbelievable colors.

We were the most beautiful galaxy around.

So you all now my love for Keith Haring. So I was shopping for Vinyl at Urban Outfitters and I snagged this vintage Christmas album with Haring's artwork on the cover. So of course I bought it because it had amazing artists on it too. (ex: Bon Jovi, Whitney Housten, Sting, Run-DMC, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna and a lot more) So I go to check out and the cashier and I had no lie a 10 minute conversation about Keith Haring.

So I saw my friend getting ready to go so I said peace out to my new cashier friend, but she wants to look at Vinyl's more so we head that way. Then walks in the all time love of life. He's a beauty and a hockey player so like of course I love him. But yesterday he was wearing a Saad shirt too. Like can you hear the wedding bells ringing?

Q: Favorite bromances?

A: The Galley's and Tom Wilson/ Michael Latta