"He... he died."

The Captain's jaw locks in anger as he listens to the conversation.

"Eris... Eris and her crew invaded my little village and killed my family," Alaina says. "Actually they killed everyone. I don't think I've ever seen a survivor."

"Sadly, that's what pirates do," Cain says. "But we're not here for that, we're here more for the girl aspect of things."

"Plus revenge," the Captain adds on.

"And that," Cain says.

"What sort of revenge?" Alaina asks.

"Well... Eris killed my father in order to take over the ship. I watched it all happen within minutes, little had I known that all these years she'd been planning to take the ship for herself and rebuild her own band of pirates."

"And now we're here," the Captain states. "Which is annoying."

"You knew you couldn't win back there, so don't disrespect my judgement," Cain says, picking up on the Captain's meaning behind his words.

"Oh I'm not angry," the Captain says, shaking his head. "I'm pissed off."

"Well get over it Princess, because right now we need to plan a plan to get out of here," Cain says.

"Plan a plan...," the Captain chuckles at the choice of Cain's words.

"Yeah, so?" Cain asks.

"All I want right now is to be in bed with a bottle of the best rum," the Captain says. "That's my plan."

"That's not a plan," Cain says with an exasperated sigh.

"How about we-" Alaina starts, but Cain cuts her off. '

"Hush honey, you're not a pirate."

"I've been captured and locked up on this ship for years, I think I'd know how everything works," Alaina says defensively.

"And I was born and raised on this vessel, so shut up," Cain says.

Alaina's face grows angry, but she figures if they didn't want her help then so be it, they could figure it out for themselves.

"Okay so the weapons room is downstairs... perhaps we could get free and then get to the weapons room?" Cain asks.

"Fine, but you're going in alone," the Captain says.

"No," Cain says. "We're all going."

"I'm not going down there you stupid unicorn, someone has to keep Eris under control until we're ready to go."

"And you're going to be that person?" Cain asks sarcastically.

"Yes, I'll keep her preoccupied," the Captain says with a smile.

Cain rolls his eyes. He couldn't believe the Captain right now. It was like his sadness was making him delusional and sarcastic. Whatever happened to surviving?

"Fine, but Alaina stays here."

"What, why!?" Alaina asks.

"Because I don't want to be carrying a limping girl to the surface if we have to escape quickly and you trip and fall," Cain says, remembering back to her falling on the stairs. "Plus, you can't run."

"I can too!" Alaina says defensively. "That was a different story back there."

"And this is a new story, yet we have the same problem – you can't run!"