Final Chapter.

2 years Later
Jan. 17th, 1964

The smell of cinnamon and cookies filled the air as I sat infront of the oven, waiting for the ding of the timer. Liam in my arms, playing with my hair until the timer made us jump. I giggled and stood up, setting him on the counter and opening the oven.

"Ooo what do we have here!" I smiled as Liam giggled happily. I pulled the tray out and set the cookies to cool.

"Can cookie now??" Liam asked. I shook my head.

"A little more time to cool off baby. But you can have a kissie." I tickled and kissed him until there was a knock on the door. I picked Liam in my arms and opened up.

"I could smell cookies all the way down the hall I had to visit." Meg clapped. I laughed and moved aside.

"Come in. We made enough to spare." I shut the door. Liam mumbled until I handed him a warm cookie which he began devouring.

"Easy little buddha." Meg laughed, taking him in her arms. "How are you?" She asked as we sat at the table. I shrugged.

"I'm fine. Just dealing with everything." I sighed.

"Molly....how are you really? I mean you know with everything going on I just...I heard about the eviction letter. I wish you would let us help.."

I just smiled. "Don't worry about any of it Meg. Everything's been sorted out."

She sighed. "I just don't want you going away and leaving me behind. You're my only friend. I can't see you go." She grabbed my hand.

"I'm not going anywhere Meg. Neither is Liam here." I kissed his cheek as he munched and got chocolate all over himself.

Meg stood up and put on a record as I set Liam down and cleared off the coffee table covered with tubes of paints and dirty brushes.

"I hear Liam's grown quite chatty." She sat back down and watched me bring the tray of cookies into the room. Liam happily grabbing another.

"He's still learning but, he's catching on quite well. A fast learner like his father." I sighed.

"You miss Stuart don't you?" Meg watched me. I laughed a little.

"It's silly I know but, I feel like I can't do anything without him near me. Liam's been fussy whenever his daddy is mentioned. I'm going through all of this alone right now." I shook my head. "I want him back."

"Don't think about it too much Molly. It's not healthy to be sulking around. Only a little bit longer." She kissed my cheek. "I think I know what we can do to rid some time." She pulled out a joint and lit it. I laughed.

"Megan not with Liam in the room!"

"Little buddha will understand mommy needs some relief. C'mon Moll. We'll open a window then."

I nodded. "Alright then."
....

By the time the afternoon passed, Liam's sugar high crashed, sending him in a deep sleep on the sofa while Megan and I were completely out of it, listening to radio and giggling about nonsense.

"And in just a few short weeks we'll be welcoming the newest sensation from England. The Beatles will be arriving with what we can all assume will create an outbreak of girls for their welcome here in the big city."

I blinked and listened in as the radio announcer finished.

"The Beatles. The Beatles!!" I squeeked and giggled. Meg sat up on the floor.