Chapter 39.

February 24, 1960

"Smile!"

George covered his face with his hands as I snapped the photo. I groaned.

"George stop that!"

"You stop with the pictures!" He whined.

"I need practice." I pouted.

"Yeah well, I don't need to be your subject." He stuck his tongue out at me. I made a face until missus Harrison came over handing us cake.

"I'm glad you came Molly. Stuart's a cute one isnt he?" She teased, nudging my side. "If you didn't snatch him up I would've taken him myself." She winked. I laughed as George shook his head.

"Gross mum."

"Missus Harrison!" I giggled.

"It's true. And what about you George? When are you goin to find you a lovely bird like Molly?"

George blushed and scratched the back of his head. "Mum..."

"I'm teasin. Calm now." She patted the top of his head and kissed his cheek before walking off. I smiled at his embarassment and sucked the icing off my finger.

"I missed your mom. She reminds me of my own."

"Your mums charm definitely rubbed on her."

We sat at the small table in the dining room while everyone else mingled.

The Harrisons were throwing a party for their little one to celebrate his seventeenth birthday. Dad and Sarah, Stu and I, Paul, John and Tiffany. It was small but nice. Seven in the evening and almost everyone was off to leave.

"We 'ave to get goin. Got rehearsal tomorrow afternoon don't forget birthday boy." John pointed, putting his coat on.

"Alright."

"Goin so soon? Who's the old one now?" Missus Harrison teased. John laughed and kissed her cheek.

"To be honest were off round to Ye Cracke to 'ave a pint or two. You want to join in Missus H??"

"Oh no dear. Right when I was your age, the mister and I could ave a drink of ale and gin all night long. We'd get knackered from the..."

"Mum!" George turned red. We all laughed. Stu walked over to me and kissed my cheek.

"You comin along?"

"I think I might stick around. Tiffany's goin back to ours to care for our babies."

"Alright. What time?"

"I'll be by at..." I looked over at Tiff who was talking rather closely to dad. Sarah not minding since she was off checking on Anna.

"...at eight thirty."

"Alright. See you then." He kissed me softly. I giggled when I felt his hand move over my bottom.

"Easy tiger. Later alright?"

"I'll hold you to it. Take care of her George. 'Appy Birthday." He smiled. George nodded, stuffing himself with chocolate cake.

"Easy now Georgie. Wouldn't want you to get diabetes so soon."

"Get on. I'm glad you showed Molly. I was afraid you'd go off with the others."

"Anytime we get alone is perfect for me. Besides, I miss home." I sighed.

"Well I'm off. Your father's so cute!" She gushed. I gagged as George laughed.

"Thanks for comin Tiff." George smiled.

"Of course. Anything for you." She walked over and in that second, we both grabbed a slice of cake and shoved it in his face. He groaned and chased us, tossing cake at us as we screamed out the door.
....

"I think I got chocolate up my nose. I'll never be rid of the smell." George pouted as he dried his hair. He smelled nicely fresh from his shower. I laid on his bed and held up a naughty magazine.

"You should really hide these better."

"Oh for fucks sake Molly!" He snatched it and tossed it in his drawer. I laughed and patted the spot beside me.

"No shame in it george."

"Mum and dad still down?" He sat. I shook my head.

"They went to dad's since Sarah had some scones in the oven."

"I see. So it's just us."

"Yes." I smiled.

He looked at me and shrugged. "D'you think em..Do you think I'm attractive?"

"Of course you are! Girls would love to be with someone..."

"Molly." He interrupted. "What do you think of me?"

I sat up and shrugged. "I've told you. Like a brother. You've always been there for me. You protect me. You care. We've known eachother for years. I've grown so close to you."

He nodded and looked down. "Is that all you'll ever think of me? As your little brother?"

It was silent for a few seconds. He twiddled his thumbs as he bit his lip.

"George... Do you like me?"

"What?? Of course not! Gross!" He made a face.

"You could have just said no!"

"You're so bossy you know that?? You used to take my food when mum would call us down for breakfast, you'd hog the telly to watch your precious Elvis! Y..You'd use up my bathroom space while I was tryin to get ready for school!"

"Hey I have equal rights in this house to you know....oh my god."

"What??"

"Were arguing like siblings." I realized. He stayed silent and laughed awkwardly.

"Wow. I never thought that.....Molly.."

"Is it gross to...still like you?" He looked at me.

"A little. But I have to confess. A part of me...likes you too."

"Really?"

I laid back and stared at the ceiling. "Well yeah. I mean...we were so close George. We've seen each other naked, we practically grew up under the same roof! You'd hold me on my bad nights and i'd hold you on yours! We'd sit downstairs and watch television...'

"Record shopping.."

"Had our first smoke.."

"First drink..."

"First..."

In that moment, he leaned in and kissed me. It felt so...good. I moved my lips slowly and enjoyed the sensation. We were kissing. George Harrison and I were kissing. We pulled back slowly and smiled. It may not have been much. But it felt good having a new level of closeness to the kid I've called my brother for so long.
....

George's dad drove me home at nine fifteen. I was a little late but it was worth my time. Hopefully Stu was already home.

I made my way to our front door and noticed it was already ajar. I slowly opened up to hear Tiffany in bed, moaning softly...the other voice....Stuart.
........

I'm A LoserOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara