Chapter 24.

"What are you talking about?" Stu asked calmly, setting his bass down. John stopped to stare before he spoke again.

"What is that?"

"It's a bass guitar. What does it look like?"

I closed the door and walked behind Stu, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"Stu bought it with the money he got from that painting. He wanted to surprise you tomorrow in class." I smiled, kissing Stu's cheek.

"So you've made your choice yeah?"

"I have."

John sighed and pulled up a chair, sitting across from us.

"Me aunt saw you two. She knows."

"Of course she 'ad to tell her lovely nephew all about his friend getting married." Stu rolled his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"We were afraid of you swooping in like a mad man and shouting at us like ye just did."

"I only did because you two are crazy."

"John what is your problem with Molly and I being in love? Just accept it! The whole bloody world already has."

"That's just because nobody knows." John fired back.

"John we've been through all of this. So what? Were married that's not ruining your life is it??" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Well, no..."

"Then just let it be John." I sighed, walking over and kissing his cheek.

He looked down and nodded slowly. "I guess I 'ave been acting crazy lately. I just...things with Cynthia are good don't get me wrong. But we see you two and how great your relationship is....it's just intimidating."

"John just be good to her. That's all ye got to do." Stu grabbed his bass again, setting it in his lap. "Now if all of this is settled, I 'ave some work to get to."

"There's somethin else I was hoping to bring up."

"What's that?"

John stood up and fiddled with a picture on the mantel. "I need a place to stay."

Stu sighed. "We already 'ave Molly's mate movin in this week. What's wrong with Mimi's?"

"She's bein a fuckin old witch. I can't even bring Cynthia over or she'll 'ave a fit. I can't practice in me own room or she tells me to bugger off. Like I'm a stranger! I just can't fuckin do anythin with that woman over my shoulder. I need out."

I looked at Stu. His eyes full of sympathy for his friend. I knew he wanted to move John in. The two were super close and I can assume John only came to Stuart because he knew he was the only friend that would let him into his home.

"Okay." I said. They both looked at me.

"Molly we don't even 'ave enough room..."

"We'll have enough room Stuart. We all go to the college. Tiffany will stay here to fix up when were not home. Then we go off to work and it'll just be you and John. Everyone goes in an out and has their own routine. It's not like were all just sitting around. We can make it work."

John looked hopeful, raising his eyebrows and waiting for Stu's answer. With a sigh and a nod, we got the okay.

"You won't regret this Stu love!" John walked over and kissed his cheek. Then he waltzed to me and kissed me on the lips. Stu looking unamused.

"Alright now let's just go back to kissing me yeah?"

I giggled as John headed for the door.

"Thanks you two. You wont regret your decision one bit! I'm as quiet as a mouse." He smiled and left out the door. Stu turned to me.

"Things are going to get interesting around here."
...........