Chapter 67.

1 Year Later
December 24, 1961

"Merry Christmas!" Meg squeaked as she entered our front door. She wore reindeer antlers on her head while Tony just urged her to take them off.

"No they're festive!" Is what she would say.

It was finally Christmas Eve this year. Stuart and I had our fair share of time to find a steady place for us to live and the Village was always our first look. With a little help from Meg and Tony that is.

When we left a year ago from Hamburg, we found ourselves headed for Liverpool but skipped out on sappy goodbyes, heading for New York. Of course we kept in touch with our loved ones. Sending letters, making calls and such. But when it was time for us to find a place, we were shit out of luck. To our fortune, Meg and Tony were always welcoming and we're excited to have roommates for awhile. Tony managed to help Stu get into the art college he was attending. The two were always so full of seriousness it was no wonder why they got along so well. As for Meg, we both were excited to be reunited and she managed to ask the manager of their apartment if we could have the new vacant loft that was pending for rent. She put in good word and after some thought, we got the go ahead. Just a floor up, we were permanent residents of New York.

By the time it reached May, I found out I was pregnant. Stu almost fainted, Tony was regretful since now Meg wanted a little one in the works. As for Liverpool, we didn't hear from anyone. Either they tried and failed, or they didn't even try at all. I will admit there were times I missed everyone. I knew Stu did too. But the life we left behind was destructive to our relationship. John's last words to Stu was a constant reminder of John's change in attitudes. Some days Stu would reminisce about his times with John and the good times they shared. But it took those last words, John saying they were no longer friends to pull him into reality.

Stuart and I had our fair share of arguments to get to this moment I will say. From financial issues to my pregnancy. To him coming late one night after drinks with Tony, (Meg and I shared the same argument with our men that night), to just recently arguing over my shopping habits. He was still upset when we had a flat warming and Christmas Eve get together with some people from the building and a few friends Stu had classes with.
...

"Let's see how far along you are!" Meg lifted my shirt up and rubbed my belly. I couldn't help laughing at her reaction when she felt a kick.

"Oh my god! He loves me!"

"He??"

"I can sense he's a boy." She smiled.

"Megan now thinks she's clairvoyant." Tony rolled his eyes, walking over to Stuart.

She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. "He's jealous of me gift."

"Are you really?" I asked. She put my shirt back down and took a drink of her eggnog.

"I pick up these vibes you know? Like auroras from people! You have this beautiful glow around you. Your little bundle of joy will be a cute little Aquarius baby!"

I smiled and rubbed my tummy. "What about Stu and I? He's still upset I went out and bought that lamp."

"He'll get over it. It looks great beside the window." She admired. I laughed and looked over at Stu who was talking with Tony.

"Can I ask a question?" I asked.

"Sure hun go ahead." She took another drink.

"Do you think Stu will still love me after the baby is born? I mean...I was in the doctors office last week and I met a young mother who told me after her boyfriend found out she was pregnant he began to act funny and once it was born, he split. I just...I don't want to be unattractive to him. He's so used to seeing me thin and full of energy and lately I've been pregnant and slow." I pouted.