Chapter 60.

Two Months Later
October 9, 1960

"That was great but, you think maybe you two can move to the back. You're a bit taller and I need the drummer up front." I asked the band standing infront of the KaiserKeller enterance.

"Sure thing love. This Makin the papers?" The singer smirked. I giggled.

"I can promise you that but first, one more photo." I teased.

After I finished our ten minute shoot, the guys were happy to be free while I set my things in my bag.

"Come on in and 'ave a drink yeah? You're a part of us now!" The singer nodded for me to follow. The rest already trailing after him.

"Just let me set my things away alright? I'll follow you in." I smiled.

I kneeled on the cold cement walkway and set my camera inside the black bag and made notes in my planner for what I had planned. Next, call Harry to comfirm my address.

I was fiddling with the lense of my camera when it popped off. I pouted.

"Shit."

"Need help?"

I looked up to see the blue eyed drummer from Rory Storm.

"My fuckin lense broke." I stood up and flung the bag over my shoulder, camera in hand. "Unless you're a mechanic, I'm shit out of luck."

He chuckled. "Actually I know quite a bit about cameras. I'm somewhat of a photo genius myself."

I raised my eyebrows looking at him. He was quite attractive I had to admit. He wore a dark blue buttoned up shirt that opened a bit at the collar. His grey jeans suited him well. It's as if he knew what outfit brought out his blue eyes. The smell of his cologne was faint but refreshing. A bit stubble made him look older than he probably was along with the patches of grey on either side of his hair. Nonethless, he was different.

"Shouldn't your only focus be on drumming and scanning for girls?" I asked.

"Is that all you think us musicians want? Sex and music? Well you're right on that but in our spare time, we need a hobby yeah?"

"I like your honesty." I laughed. "Here." I handed him my camera. He looked it over and grabbed the broken lense, twisting, shaking and whacking with his palm then handed it to me. I looked it over and then snapped a photo. The shutter sound was normal.

"Seems legit. Thanks um..."

"Ringo. Or Ritchie. Or Richard. Whatever to your liking." He smiled.

"Richard. I like Richard. Real name?"

He nodded. I returned the gesture and looked around the empty road.

"I'm Molly."

"Well Molly, looks like we'll be seein one another lots through this trip yeah?"

"Seems so. So, what d'ya say? We go in and get to know one another?" I smiled.

"Let me escort you." He put out his arm for me. I laughed and linked my own with his, heading into the large club.
....

"How long 'ave you lot been in Hamburg?" He asked taking a swig of his beer. I sipped my ginger ale and sat back.

"Two months now. You guys stole the bill I see." I pointed to the poster Bruno was putting up all over the walls.

"Were fuckin kings is what love. Fuckin outstanding load of bollocking kings." Rory toasted and took a long gulp of his own drink.

"Well I wouldn't tell this to the guys but, it's refreshing to have some new talent around. Just watch out for Lennon. He's gotten in the habit of showing off on that death trap Bruno calls a stage." I pointed to the large wooden board set up on crates. Richard laughed and lit a cigarette.

"Is that even safe?"

"Who cares about safe mate! It's a fuckin riot." Rory laughed.

I couldn't help enjoying their humour and easy going attitude. I knew being their new personal photographer was going to be fun.

"So you come in with those Beatles lot? How do they get on?" Rory asked.

"They're great actually. Like I said, John's the one you gotta watch out for. The rest are more silent but quite competitive even when they don't admit it."

"But then who isn't yeah? We're all here for one thing and that's to become somebodies. So love, you shaggin any of them?" Rory winked. I blushed and giggled embarrasedly. All the guys laughed and 'ooo'ed' me.

"Which one?" Richard laughed.

"Their bassist. Stuart Sutcliffe. We're um...we're married."

They all groaned and pretended to be hurt. I laughed and made a face.

"Shut up."

"Fuckin christ. American bird and a knockout and what 'appens?? Married. Fuckin married." Rory shook his head. Richard laughed. "You gettin it everynight? Be careful now love. These gigs aren't a safe place for a relationship. You think we're playing it safe out here just to be true to our birds back home?"

"I'd like to believe so yes."

He just shook his head and smiled. "Dreamin. That's all it is."

"Knock knock cunts!"

We all turned to see John and the others walk in from their guys time out. From the smirk on John's face, I can only assume they went to some crude theatre or a strip club. I didn't want to know.

"Have fun. Too much clowns in my presence." I stood up as the bands came together. As I grabbed my bag of equipment, Richard grabbed my arm.

"It was nice meeting you Molly. I can't wait to get to know you more."

I smiled. "Me either. Well, I gotta go now. See you tonight?"

"Where else?" He joked. "See ye later."

I kissed his cheek and made my way over to where Stuart was waiting by the doorframe.

"And who was that?" He asked.

I fixed his collar and nudged his face to look at me instead of eyeing Richard as he met George and Paul.

"He's the drummer of Rory Storm babe. He fixed my camera."

"And?"

I made a face and grabbed his chin with between my thumb and index finger. "You're cute when you're jealous. Come on, lets do somethin." I pecked his lips.

"I was thinkin, we head to a showing in a few minutes." He put his hands in his pockets as we began our walk outside.

"What's showing?" I asked.

"Some film that's supposed to be all the rage 'ere. The Cabinet of somethin I dunno. Astrid says it's a great use of horror and expressionism."

"Alright. Silent?"

"Problem?"

"Not at all." I intertwined my fingers with his as we began our walk to the cinema.
....

Stu and I sat in the theatre, watching the film and sharing the small carton of popcorn. The smell of it made me even more hungry.

"So I was thinking after this we could..."

"Shhh." Stu whispered, eyes fixated on the screen. I bit my lip and looked at the empty carton. My stomach made a noise.

"I'm off to get some more." I said. He nodded.

While leaving the room, I found my way to the restroom where I peed a river and headed back out to get me some more food. By the time I entered the room again, I saw Stuart wasn't alone. My seat taken.

"Oh hi Molly!" Astrid waved as I sat on the other side of Stu.

"Astrid hi. I didn't see you come in." I smiled small.

"I told Stu earlier I'd meet him here with you. I was running late but here I am!" She smiled cheerily. I nodded and sat back. "How are you liking the film?" She asked Stu. He turned to her and began talking. I felt myself feel a bit hurt by his rejection of my plans and his liking of hers. This wasn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. In fact. It's beginning to become a habit. Either she means to or not. I knew this wasn't a good thing for mine and Stuarts relationship.
..........