"You sent it?" I ask, surprised. He nods.

"I came back about a week ago," he says, "I was being hunted and I couldn't think of any where else to go. I figured Hogwarts would be the last place they looked."

"So, what's the plan?" I ask.

"There's an entrance through the Hog's Head," he says, "we'll go this way."

He leads us around the village, darting from shadow to shadow. My heart is thumping in my chest. We sneak up to the back of the Hog's Head and Jace knocks gently three times. The door opens and a man with a long, grey beard opens it.

"Hurry up," he says gruffly.

"You go," Jace says, "I've got to direct any others coming through. I'll see you soon."

I give him a tight hug, then hurry inside with the others.

"Through here," the man says, motioning to a painting. I frown slightly and look closer. It's a corridor hewn roughly into the rock. I climb in, trembling slightly. Fred follows and takes my hand. We move down the corridor for what seems like an age before coming to a door. Carefully, I push it open and step through. For a moment I'm blinded by light. Then the scene unfolds in front of me. Hammocks, bed rolls and people. A small army of people. And in the middle of them all, Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"RON!"

Mrs Weasley pushes past me. Scarlett, Carma and I hang back as the Weasleys press forward to Ron.

"Alex! Scarlett! Carma!"

I turn to see Felicty, Lauretta and Alicia rushing towards us. A few of the boys are following them and soon it's a giant group hug. Only Angelina and Jace are missing.

"So, what's the plan, Harry?" someone yells. Everyone falls silent, looking to Harry. He hesitates for a moment.

"I'm looking for something," he says, "and I. . . I need time to look."

"Tells us what it is," someone calls, "we can look too!"

"I need you to buy me time," Harry says, "the Death Eaters are going to attack the castle and you need to protect it."

"Let's go!" someone yells. Everyone begins organising themselves. Other members of the Order are here, helping. McGonagall comes over to us, looking her same, stern self.

"Well," she says, looking at Fred and George, "I'm sure your skills will come in handy today. You two are to go with Remus to west tower, girls, spilt into two groups, one take the west wing, one the east, boys the same with the south and north. Others will be there to help you."

I look around and see that Ange and Jace have joined us. We all give each other hugs.

"Right, Ange, Alex, Alicia, with me," Scarlett says, "Carma, Lauretta, Soph and Flick, you guys take the East."

I turn to Fred and kiss him hard.

"Stay safe," I say, "I'll see you later."

I take off after Scarlett, Angelina and Alicia.

"It's like the good old Quidditch training days!" Scarlett calls as we run, "I love it!"

We hit the west wing and spread out, casting protective spells over the stone. I can see people spilling out onto the lawn and see a huge orb rise up to cover the school.

I can't believe this is happening.

"That orb will hold them off," Alicia says confidently. Scarlett shakes her head slowly, gripping her wand tighter. She turns to look at me.

"Just in case," she says in a low voice, "you're like a sister to me and I love you. If anything happens to me, take care of George."

I hug her tightly.

"Same," I say, "about everything, sister, love you, take care of Fred."

She nods, for once completely serious. She gives my hand a squeeze and we turn back to the window. The Death Eaters are throwing spells at the orb and even as we watch, cracks are forming. There's a loud cracking noise and the orb breaks apart, falling like feathers. There's a loud explosion and the roof above us disappears. Angelina swears loudly.

"Now it really begins," I breathe, leaping forward to continue the defensive spells. I can see death eaters pushing towards the school, people are falling. Every instinct I have is telling me to run. To run and run until this is all far behind me. I want to find Fred, keep him safe.

"There're in the school!" Scarlett yells, "come on!"

We sprint towards the stairs and make it down three floors before an explosion knocks us off our feet.

"Are you guys okay?" Alicia asks, helping Angelina up.

"Yeah, but I think we should spilt up," Scarlett says, "you guys go that way, we'll go this way."

I want to hug them both, tell them how much they mean to me, but I have to sprint to catch up to Scarlett who is already down the next flight of stairs.

On the second floor we run into Fred and his brother who are fighting off Death Eaters.

"Pertificus totalas!"

One of the Death Eaters falls back, crashing down the stairs. Scarlett and I leap forward and the four of us take out the next two Death Eaters.

"Alex, my brother Percy, Perce, Alex," Fred pants. I shake Percy's hand.

"We've met," he says.

"We have," I nod.

"We have to go to the fourth floor," Percy says, "they've breached the-"

"Let's go," Scarlett interrupts, sprinting up the stairs again. I follow, Fred close behind. We reach the third floor and there's a bang behind us. We turn just in time to see five death eaters chasing us. We plunge into the battle, keeping each other covered and throwing spells at them. I hear someone coming behind us and glance back just long enough to see that it's Harry. When I look back I see Scarlett stumble, blood pouring down her cheek. Harry leaps forward to cover her while she recovers.

"Fred!" I yell over the noise, "I just want you to know, I love you!"

I look at him and we lock eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I see two green orbs flying at us and then there's nothing.