Chapter 76: Goodbye

On the last night before Tom had to leave for Australia in the morning, Tom and Katie walked on to a large hill in silence. As they sat down on the grass they watched the sight in front of them. They city's block of flats that we're lit up as it was night and city towers behind them and the tall buildings and streetlamps. In the background they could hear sirens and car horns, normal things you would hear in a city. The silence was broken when Katie spoke up, "why did you bring me here?"
Tom sighed as he tried to huddle into his hoody closer.
"You should of brought a coat, it's freezing." Katie chuckles.
"Says the girl that's wearing the thin denim jacket." Tom points out.
Katie looks at her jacket and smiles, "hey, don't diss my jacket, but I guess you've got a point."
Tom nods, "I'll miss this place." He looks back at the view his smile fading slightly.
"Who'll miss this place? And anyway Australia's far more better than this dump." Katie says.
"Hey, our city's nice, Cardiff is a great place to live you know, I mean they make Doctor Who here." Tom said.
"So." Katie said.
"So...Cardiff is great, I'll miss it." Tom told her.
"Do you think you'll ever come back and live here again?" Katie asked.
"It depends, I've lived here for nearly my whole life, I've grown up to love this place, I can't bear to leave it." Tom explained.
"Then stay." Katie suddenly said.
Tom stared at her, looking at her hopeful, pleading eyes, "I'm sorry Katie, you know I can't, we've been through this, the apartment in Australia is already bought, and my house has already been sold. I can't turn back now."
Katie nodded slowly, "I know, I'm sorry, but listen Tom, it's not like I can just hop on a train and I'll be at your house in 20 minutes, it's the other side of the world, we're hardly going to call each other, or keep in touch. I might even forget what you look like!"
"Woah, woah," Tom interrupted calmly, "you'll never forget what I look like, anyway who could forget this dazzling face?"
Katie chuckled at this and wrapped her hands around his arm, resting her head against his shoulder, looking back at the view.
"You said, you'll never forget me." Tom said.
"I know, and I won't Tom. I promise." She said almost in a whisper. She wrapped her pinky finger round his and smiled as she and Tom continued to watch the view in silence.

That morning Tom got his suitcase all packed, pictures, clothes, all the presents from yesterday, and the essentials he needed. He looked around his room, tearing up and shut the door. As he made it to the bottom of the stairs he saw Clara, his dad and gran making their way out of the front door. He stopped and stared around the house longingly, he was going to leave everything, his best memories, sad memories...all the treasured moments he shared in the house. He exhaled deeply and made his way out of the front door and closed it.
As he came outside there was a taxi sitting out next to the curb and not far behind it stood Quinn and Katie, Katie looked as if she was crying and Quinn was standing there with his hands in his pockets looking as if he was going to start crying any moment. The duo hugged Ursula and Michael telling them to look after themselves and then hugged Clara who was crying madly, tears falling on her cheeks and dropping onto the path. As Clara went into the taxi Ursula followed and Michael took Tom's suitcase and placed it in the boot, "don't be too long son, or we'll miss our flight."
Tom nodded as Michael then climbed into the taxi. Quinn stepped forward tears in his crystal blue eyes, "I'm going to miss you mate, no more football matches in our back gardens, I'm gunna start crying in the minute."
Tom laughed and pulled him into a man hug, patting his back, "I'll miss you too mate, take care of yourself, yeah. Look after Katie."
Quinn nodded, "I will."
He stepped back allowing Katie to say goodbye next, even though it looked like she couldn't handle saying goodbye to him, tears were streaming down her cheeks and they shone in her black pupils. She stepped closer to him, "so...this...is....it."
Tom nodded, "I guess it is."
Katie wrapped her arms round him, hugging him tightly. Tom hugged back rubbing her back to soothe her and stop her from crying. As Katie pulled out of the hug slightly she stared into Tom's eyes as Tom tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. Katie exhaled before saying, "I love you."
Tom leaned in and kissed her slowly and gently, the kiss lasted about 10 seconds until Katie pulled away first. She didn't want to fall to hard or she would start begging Tom to stay. More tears dropped in her cheeks and Tom wiped them away, "I love you too."
Suddenly the taxi horn beeped, telling Tom that it was time to go. Tom walked away and climbed into the taxi as Katie walked back next to Quinn who pulled her into a hug.
As the taxi started driving off Tom turned his head to the back window and saw Katie and Quinn waving madly at him before the taxi turned the corner and it was out of sight.
Back outside the house Katie and Quinn stood there until they saw the taxi was out of sight.
"And then there was two." Quinn said blinking back tears.
Katie nodded, "he'll come back."

But for now, there was only two, Quinn and Katie.

Sadly this book has now finished 😭 I would like to say a huge thank you too qurratkuri123 for her support in this book, thank you hun! Just wanted to let you know I will be doing a sequel, just trying to decide what to call it if you have any ideas please leave it on comments. Thank you!
Holly
xx