Chapter 39: Forgive? Don't forgive?

The school day dragged on a bit but Tom wasn't concentrating on any of it, Katie didn't realise how much Tom wanted her back. He'd do anything to get her back, it was just a stupid mistake he'd made at a party something that destroyed him and Katie. Unfortunately for Katie her and Tom was paired up for a science project by Mr Fisher and no matter how hard she begged Mr Fisher wouldn't take any excuses.

At lunch Katie, Amy and Tabby was talking in the empty hallways about everything that happened.
"How are you handling it Katie?" Tabby asked.
Katie swallowed, "fine...I'm not speaking to Tom, anyway not after what he did."
"Janice is such a bitch." Amy said scornfully.
"Look Katie, it's best just to try and move on, anyway all relationships end in tragedy just like Romeo and Juliet." Tabby said.
"Tabby." Amy hissed.
Katie looked at her two best friends putting her hand on her forehead starting to cry.
"Katie, I didn't mean that, it doesn't mean everything will end in tragedy for you and Tom as well." Tabby reassured.
"Erm, but late for that isn't it." Amy said to Tabby.
"Shut up Amy." Tabby snapped.
Katie didn't bother wiping the tears away from her face and just let them fall on her cheeks, "why did he do that to me? I...I thought...he..loved me." Katie cried.
Amy came over and put her arm round Katie.
"Well he obliviously didn't." Tabby said folding her arms.
"Tabby, will you shut the hell up." Amy demanded.
"What? It's true though, if he truly cared about Katie that much he would of pushed Jan off him." Tabby explained.
"But he told me he tried to pull away from the kiss." Katie told her friends.
"Load of crap. Probably trying to save his own neck." Amy said.
"But he seemed really honest." Katie said wiping the tears from her face.
"Don't fall for it Katie, he'll just hurt you again." Amy said.
"He won't I know he won't, I don't know I'm so confused...look I know how much you care for me you two, but it's my decision I need to decide what to in my own." Katie said nodding her head.
Amy and Tabby smiled at her, "do what's best for you hun." Amy said.
"Even after what he did...I just don't think I can let him go." Katie said quietly.
"In my opinion I think you need to forgive him." Tabby said.
"What?! Hold on! Look he kissed another girl I don't think Katie can just forgive him like that." Amy said snapping her fingers.
"I want to forgive him, but I can't." Katie said walking away.
"Katie?" Tabby said, "where are you going?"
"Somewhere to think. And then I can decide if I really want him back or not." Katie said.

Tom walked over to Quinn hopefully wanting to talk to him, "Quinn?"
Quinn's eyes widened, "oh sorry your  talking to me? I didn't know you had the nerve to come over to me and speak to me."
"Look Quinn I'm really sorry, I'll make it up to you I promise." Tom said.
"You really think I'll believe your crappy excuses?" Quinn asked.
Tom hung his head down in shame then looked back up, "I just really wanted to try and talk to you."
"Nah, save it mate, I'm sure Katie isn't buying any of your crap excuses as well." Quinn said sharply.
Katie came out and saw the commotion and walked slowly up to the boys. Both of the boys snapped their heads round and saw Katie standing there.
"Katie?" Tom gasped.
"Why are you fighting? There's nothing to fight about anymore...why are you even talking to each other we all know perfectly well that our friendship is over and we'll never be the same again." Katie said her words quavering.
"Katie don't say that." Quinn says.
"Why? We mean nothing to each other." Katie snapped.
Tom came close to Katie, "Katie...you mean everything to me.."
"No I don't! You've lost me Tom! You lost me a week ago at that party!" Katie screamed.
"Katie you don't know how much you.." Before Tom could finish Katie interrupted with anger.
"What? There's no point fighting for this anymore Tom, there's just no point, we have nothing! I don't feel anything anymore, there's nothing between us anymore, why can't you just let it go?"
"Katie I've tried, but I can't." Tom admitted.

Katie stared right through him, "well try harder, because you've lost me,"