Chapter 25: Getting Worse

Since Katie had the pains back again from the appendix she was starting to get worse, she was getting sent home from school and was missing days off due to extreme sickness.
"Katie, you need to have an operation, you're being ridiculous." Katie's dad said walking into the kitchen.
Katie hugged the pillow as she sat crossed legged on the sofa staring at the wall.
"Katie? You haven't said anything all day." He continued as he sat on the chair in front of her.
Katie stayed silent.
Katie's dad sighed, "well I need to go to work." He kissed the top of her head and soon he left Katie by herself in the living room.
A few moments later Kelly came in not acknowledging Katie was there until she turned around and saw her biting her nails nervously.
"Well, I was asked to babysit a sick mardarse." Kelly sighed going over to Katie.
"Katie?" Kelly asked trying to get her attention.
Tears started forming in Katie's eyes.
"Katie what the hell is wrong with you, your sitting there not saying anything to anyone and your on the brink of crying." Kelly snapped.
"I'm scared Kelly." Katie finally said.
"For gods sake Katie it's an operation on your side it's not going to hurt in anyway." Kelly reassured.
"How would you know?!" Katie yelled.
"Because I had mine removed!" Kelly screamed.
Katie looked up at her, "what?"
"I had mine removed, and it's not bad honestly, all they do is out you to sleep and they take it out and your done, if you don't get it taken out you'll get more ill than your already are."
Katie looked away.
"Katie, your being pathetic, I think your crazy, you need to get it removed."
Katie didn't say anything but simply kept staring in the opposite direction from her sister.
"Stupid bitch." Kelly muttered as she got up and jogged out of the room.

Janice rolled on the floor laughing as her little brother Jacob tried to climb on her.
"Jacob, off!" She demanded rolling on to her back.
Jacob crawled on her back and then started tickling her laughing. Janice started screaming, she hated being tickled. Quinn recently tickled her in English class and Mrs Veraswamy wasn't happy about her screaming while the class were trying to read Shakespeare in peace.
"Jacob come on little man." Janice's step-dad called out as he came in the room picking Jacob up.
One thing for sure, Janice hated her step dad, simply because he treated Jacob and her like his own children. When her dad went off to war Janice's mum was pregnant with Jacob at the time so Jacob never knew his real dad.
"Janice, come on, you need to get to school in 5 minutes."
"I don't care." Janice snapped standing upright.
"Listen to me, don't speak to me like that. Do you understand me?!" He raged.
"Yeah! I do! Your always having a go at me!" Janice screamed.
"Janice I always try and care for you as best I can and I get nothing back!"
"Well maybe your should stop! Because your not my real dad!" Janice yelled at him before grabbing her bag and slipping her shoes on and storming out the door.

Kelly was getting worried about Katie more now, through 3 hours Katie was throwing up 11 times.
"Mum," Kelly hissed behind her bedroom door.
Christine stopped in her tracks and turned around, "what?"
"Come here, quick." Kelly whispered beckoning her mum over.
Christine came in with the pile of laundry in her arms, "what is it Kelly."
"Mum I'm worried about Katie, she's been sick more than 11 times, she's getting worse, we need to take her to hospital." Kelly told her mum sharply checking the door to see if anyone was listening in.
Christine sighs laying the pile of laundry on the bed, "Kelly I'm sorry but I'm trying everything I can to try and get Katie into hospital but she's not budging."
"Please mum, try harder, I really don't want to lose Katie."
"I know sweetheart me and your father are trying are best we really are."
Kelly stayed silent for a moment.
"I promise Katie's getting that appendix removed." Christine reassured kissing cheek and picking the laundry up.
"Mum?"
"Yes honey."
"I know I don't show it but I do love my sister and I hate seeing her in pain." Kelly told her mum as tears stung her eyes.
"I know sweetheart me too we will sort it I promise you."
Kelly nodded as Christine lightly shut the door.

"Mum!" Someone screamed waking Kelly up.
Kelly checked her phone, 25 past 1 in the morning.
Suddenly a piercing scream came from Katie's room.
Kelly whipped the covers off her and raced across the landing to Katie's room.
"Katie?" Kelly gasped as she saw Katie clutching her stomach tears staining her face.
Katie screamed again and this time their mum and dad ran in with concerned looks on their faces.
"Katie what's wrong sweetheart?" Christine asked crouching next to her.
"Mum....my stomach....it hurts....I can't...breath..." Katie choked up.
Suddenly Katie let out another piercing scream that could wake up the whole neighbour hood and and this time after it she leaned over and spewed everywhere.
Kelly stood back as their dad picked Katie up under her legs as Katie swung one arm round his neck.
"Dad!" Katie cried.
"It's going to be fine, " he whispered.
Ellie came in wiping her eyes sleepily clutching her worn out teddy.
"Mummy, why is Katie screaming?" She asks.
"It's alright Ellie you don't need to worry." Kelly said picking her up and holding her tightly against her body.
"Mum what's going to happen aren't we going to phone an ambulance?" Kelly asked.
Christine shook her head, "no Kelly the hospital is only 10 minutes away we'll drive there."
Kelly looks shocked, "but what if she faints, or something bad happens to her?!"
"Kelly please! Just stay here and look after Ellie."
Gilbert comes into view wondering what the commotion is about, "What's going on?"
"It's Katie, her appendix is getting worse she's complaining that her stomach hurts."
"I told you, I told you to put that poor girl in hospital as soon as she fainted in school."
"Oh, so this all my fault dad." Christine snaps.
Kelly runs down the stairs with Ellie still on her hip.
"Dad, I want to come with you." Kelly asks.
He shakes his head, "no Kelly you stay here with your grandad and Ellie."
Kelly couldn't be bothered starting an argument and watched her mum climb into the back of the car clutching Katie.
As they drove off down the street Kelly immediately started crying.
"Don't cry Kelly." Ellie told her wiping the tears from Kelly's face.
"I'm sorry Ellie, Katie's just really poorly." Kelly said kissing the top of her younger sisters head.
Gilbert took Ellie into his arms, "come on, I'll give you a biscuit."
As soon as him and Ellie went into the kitchen Kelly broke down into tears again shrinking down onto the floor.
Just hoping that Katie was going to be fine.