Chapter 70: Horror Movie Night

"So your whole family's out all night, after everything you've been through at the hospital?" Quinn asked Katie as him Tom stepped in Katie's house with their backpacks. Katie nodded, "there was a family emergency, and Kelly's gone to some trip thingy at college and won't be back till Tuesday." Katie explained.
"Which means, we have this whole house to ourselves, and we can watch a couple of gory horror movies." Tom said with a sneaky grin. Katie smiled, "exactly, I can order some pizza."
"Sweet." Quinn cheered as he ran into the living room.
"Are we deciding that we're sleeping down here then?" Tom asked.
Katie nodded pushing the rug back with the edge of her foot, "yeah, there's more space in here, and plus we can watch the horrors better on the bigger TV."
"Right I'm going to pump my air bed up." Quinn said rushing into the hallway.
"Yeah, I'm gunna call the pizza guy." Katie added rushing to pick up her mobile on the unit.

After the pizza guy came and Katie had paid for the pizzas she took them into the kitchen while Quinn and Tom switched the TV on. "Right hold on I'm just going to call mum....I mean, um, Sarah." Quinn said running out of the room. Katie nodded as she started opening up the pizza boxes on the kitchen side, grabbing out plates. Tom stood up from the sofa and walked over to the kitchen where Katie was. "Katie?"
Katie turned her body round and looked up at him, "yeah?"
"Um, did you mean what you said? When you woke up at the hospital?" Tom asked.
Katie nodded, "that's if you meant it before I blacked out."
Tom stares at her before nodding his head, "yes, yeah I did."
Katie smiles, "good, then we're on the same page."
Tom returns the smile, "I definitely meant it Katie, I do love you."
"I know Tom." Katie says as she starts setting the pizza on the plates before washing her hands after. She drys her hands and then turns to face Tom, "you don't have to keep reminding me."
Tom grinned taking her hand, "just making sure." He leaned in to kiss her only being interrupted by Quinn who started randomly doing a chicken dance into the room.
"Quinn? What are you doing?" Katie asked chuckling slightly at his childish actions.
"I'm excited, because I get to spend time with the most awesome best friends ever!" Quinn yelled running up to Tom and Katie putting his arms around them.
"Ow! Quinn your pulling my earrings!" Katie squealed letting Quinn loosen his grip, "sorry hun."
"Don't call me hun." Katie snapped taking her sliver ringed earrings out. "I'm sorry honey bunch." Quinn apologised winding her up more.
Katie rolled her eyes, "I suppose me and Tom are awesome."
"Come on, let's watch the horror movies now!" Quinn said running over to the sofa. Katie and Tom smiled as they walked over to him and sat in the sofa next to him as he out a film in the DVD player.
"Um, Quinn, what are we watching?" Katie asked.
"A horror film." Quinn replied sitting back down in the sofa again, grabbing a slice of pizza from his plate.
"Yeah, what horror film?" Katie questioned. Quinn laughed, "Katie relax, you'll be thrilled to watch this film, only don't eat while it's on."
"It's not gory is it?" Katie asked slightly nervous.
"Just wait and see." Quinn winked.
Tom put his arm round Katie, "it's alright it's just a film."
Katie gave him a weak smile turning her head towards the screen.

About half an hour into the film Katie was screaming and jumping about everywhere trying to look away from the screen at some parts, it turned out Quinn had put the 'Texas Chainsaw' film on. "No, no, no, no, don't! Ewwwwww!" Katie screamed as she turned her head and buried her face in Tom's chest. Tom looked over to Quinn, "she is losing it, I can feel her shaking."
Quinn nearly spat out part of his pizza as he was laughing, "seriously?!"
Katie lifted her head up and looked back at the screen and started screaming the place down, "I'm gunna be sick!"
"Ew don't." Quinn replied.
When they got to the end of the film Katie breathed a sigh of relief, "glad that's over."
"Katie that wasn't even scary, my god you were squealing like a rabbit." Quinn says.
"How about we watch more of a ghostly film, how about insidious 3?" Tom suggested holding the DVD up.
"That's better it's not as gory as the other film." Katie said.
Quinn sighs, "I hate ghost films."
"Naww, is little Quinny winny scared?" Katie mocked leaning against his shoulder.
"Pfft, no chance." Quinn snapped pushing her off slightly.

When the movie was on Katie felt a bit more better now, she preferred ghostly horrors to gory horrors and she certainly enjoyed seeing Quinn occasionally throwing some popcorn in the air, screaming like a girl.
"No, no...don't go in there! There's gunna be a pop up!" Quinn wailed grabbing a cushion, hiding his face.
Katie laughed as she clung onto Tom frightened herself. A sudden pop up came up on the screen sending Katie to jump and Quinn yell in fright. Katie started laughing, "oh my god Quinn, calm down."
After the film had finished Quinn dived onto the air bed and shoved his cover over him, "that thing is going to come and get me!"
"Quinn, it's a film, it's not real." Katie said.
"But, things like that can happen in real life you know. Katie, Tom remember that time in year 4 and everyone thought the school was haunted. Katie, you thought the girls toilets were haunted telling us you heard someone flush the chain and turn the taps on by themselves and apparently you saw a figure in the mirror, you ran out screaming." Quinn reminded her.
"Don't remind me, anyway that was back in year 4, I don't think things like that now." Katie said awkwardly.
"But, your grandad's theatre, you showed me that it was haunted and.." Tom's eyes widened as he realised what he just said and cover his mouth quickly. Katie sat up alarmed and confused and stared at him, "I didn't show you grandad's theatre, Tom you've never been."
"Must of been something else then." Tom said trying to cover it up.
"Tom, you know, come to think of it you do say pretty odd stuff, saying stuff about my grandad's theatre that aren't true." Katie told him. Quinn propped his elbow up with a smile on his face.
"Quinn, you know, it's weird that Tom mentioned that because I remember having this weird dream, Tom was in it and we were in grandad's theatre, and there was this weird ugly looking witch, god my imagination is crazy sometimes." Katie chuckled making Quinn laugh. Tom stares at her as he shrinks down in the sofa, "yeah, well, it was just a dream, it's half 3 maybe we should start going to sleep."
"Oi, Quinn," Katie says grabbing Quinn's attention, "maybe I might have that dream again and I might see the witch on a broom."
"Yeah, she could be the wicked with of the west, oooooh I'm melting, I'm melting..." Quinn mocks. Katie and Quinn burst into fits of laughter joking about it and soon enough they were on the floor in tears with laughter.
Tom stands there bewildered, Katie could never find out about that day.
She could never find out that he was a wizard.