Chapter 41: Forgiven

Katie tied her hair in a messy bun and quickly threw on some blue skinny jeans and a white T-shirt, she grabbed her denim jacket from the rack and re-read the note several times. She made her mind up that she wanted to go just to see what Tom was going to do, she slipped her short black ankle boots on and got ready to go out of the door.
"Katie?" A voice called, Katie turned around and saw Kelly holding onto the edge of the stairway railing, "where are you going?"
Katie took a deep breath in then spoke, "your probably going to kill me for this...I'm going out to see Tom"
Kelly looked at her absolutely stunned, "I'm sorry, what?! Why the hell?! Are you out of your mind?"
"I haven't forgiven him yet but he told me to meet him at the hollow tree." Katie explains.
"The what?" Kelly asks.
"The hollow tree," Katie repeats, "it's a nice secret place at the park."
"Please Katie I don't want you getting hurt again." Kelly says as she pulls her younger sister into a hug.
"I won't Kelly, I promise." Katie whispers into her shoulder.

Katie soon arrives at the park in 5 minutes looking around the place, she quickly makes her way to the hollow tree and she gets there she sees random fairy lights around the tree. Christmas decorations?
She looks around smiling as she sees more beautifully decorated stuff everywhere.
Then from behind the hollow tree out came Tom wearing just a regular T-shirt and skinny jeans, he was beaming a smile at her.
He walked over to her, "what do you think?"
Katie takes in the beauty of the place, "it's beautiful."
"There's something I need to show you." He said, loosely taking her hand leading her to the other side of the hollow tree.
Katie looked down as she saw embroidered in the grass with daisy's.

Katie, I'm sorry.

At the end of it was blossoms shaping in a love heart.
"Where did you find blossoms at this time of year?" Katie asked.
"It doesn't matter where I got them from, it just took me ages to find the right ones for you." Tom said stepping closer to her.
Katie's mind went back to the party and she questioned herself wether she wanted to forgive Tom or not, he'd made all this effort for her and it was only for her. No one else. Which meant Jan didn't matter anymore, Tom was sorry and Jan was gone, Katie had finally made her mind up. Katie's next move was going to be the answer to Tom's question.
She locked her eyes onto his and took both of his hands, she stood there for a moment gazing into his twinkling brown eyes, then kissed him.
Tom felt a relief, at that point he knew he was forgiven and he was given a second chance.
Katie soon pulled away smiling at him and Tom returned it.
"I needed to give you a second chance." Katie told him.
"I'm glad you did." Tom said.
"Everybody has to have that second chance, so your lucky." Katie said quietly.
Tom looked down at his shoes, "I'm really sorry Katie."
"It's fine Tom," Katie says, "Jan kissed you not the other way round, I forgive you."

Janice came home exhausted she dropped her bag in the floor sighing and walked into the living room where her aunt was sitting on the sofa frowning.
"Janice? Your home." She started, "I need it talk to you."
Janice sat down in the opposite couch, "what's wrong?"
"Janice I can't look after you anymore, your mum called, I told her about you and she wants you home, you and Jacob." Janice's Aunty explains.
"What? Why can't I stay with you?" Janice asked tearing up.
"I'm sorry Janice its not possible your step dads picking you and Jacob up at 5." Her aunt tells her.
"But...I don't like living with mum and stepdad, I can't be there." Janice cried.
Janice's aunt sighs, "I'm sorry Janice, get packing your going to get picked up soon."
Janice gets up slowly wiping tears from her eyes.

An hour later Janice and Jacob arrive back home with their stepdad Gary.
"Jacob go upstairs please, I need to talk to Janice." Gary instructs sternly.
Jacob stares at them for a moment until making a sharp exit up the stairs.
"Janice," Gary says slowly, "what you did was stupid."
"What? Getting away from you?" Janice asks folding her arms.
"You didn't show up for school for 3 weeks but apparently you could go to a friends party." Gary snapped.
"I didn't mean too," Janice says, "I regret going to that party anyway."
"Oh, excuses, eh? I won't tolerate your silly behaviour." He boomed grabbing her arm tightly.
"Ow!" Janice yelped in pain, "get off me Gary!"
Gary swung his fist and hit her across the face pushing her onto the couch violently, "THIS IS MY HOUSE I DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT."
He stormed up the stairs probably getting answers out of Jacob while Janice lay on the sofa in pain.

Kicking the leaves along the road Amy got her phone out and texted Katie just to check if she was alright, before she hit a reply she felt something hold her arm. Amy gasped turning round to suddenly meet her eyes with Quinn.
"Quinn, hey." Amy said slotting her phone back into her coat pocket.
"Hi...look I really need to speak to you." Quinn said stopping.
"I'm all ears." Amy smiled.
"What I said at the party...about you...you know when I called you beautiful." Quinn said awkwardly scratching his temples.
Amy nodded as a blush rushed to her cheeks.
"Well, you know I meant it." Quinn finally said.
Amy looked down at her shoes, "yeah but that doesn't make sense because you were still with Janice."
"I'm not with Janice anymore though," Quinn took a deep breath, "I..want to try again."
Amy stared at him, "what? You mean like you and me?"
Quinn nodded, "if you say no then I totally understand."
Amy shook her head and giggled, "Quinn you don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say that."
Quinn smiled, he knew Janice's true colours now, he didn't want to be with her.
Finally he was moving on .