Chapter 31: Last Present and Dancing

Katie made her way to the hollow tree at the park that Tom had requested of her to go.
"Hello?" She called out clutching one of the straps on her school bag.
There was silence for a moment until Tom came out from behind the tree making Katie smile.
"So why have your brought me here then?" Katie laughs making her way towards Tom.
Tom took Katie's hand and led her towards the tree.
"Um, well, I wanted to give you one last present." He said his brown eyes twinkling.
Katie looked around at the place putting her bag down on the grass, "Ok...what's the present?"
Tom grabbed both of Katie's hands and stared into her moonlit eyes. Katie was confused of what Tom was going to do, but she had a little idea of what he was going to do next.
Tom leaned in and kissed her, Katie was shocked at cost but soon kissed back.
They both pulled away after a few seconds and exchanged smiles.
"I know that we were going to do it near the lockers but I decided it wouldn't be as romantic as here." Tom said scared he was sounding too cheesy.
Katie giggled, "it's fine Tom, I don't mind."
In Katie's head this place was much more perfect, it had a great atmosphere and the place was beautiful even if the blossoms had fallen off the tree and the autumn leaves had replaced them. Autumn was just as beautiful.
Tom's phone suddenly rang, Tom sighed in frustration.
"You better get that, it's nearly 4:00 clock and it's getting dark, you should go." Katie said giving him a smile.
"I wanted to spend more time here." Tom said ending the call and putting his phone back in his jean pocket.
"It's fine, we could go bowling this weekend." Katie offered.
"It's a date." Tom grinned happily.

"I want the Christmas tree up now!" Clara moaned.
"No Clara we'll put it up on the 1st of December sweetheart." Ursula told her.
Clara let out a big sigh, "but I want it up now!"
"Clara, listen to your gran." Michael warned.
Clara ran up to the sofa and picked up the remote and turned the TV on.
"Um, Clara I want to watch 'Top Gear.' Michael said.
"Tough I'm watching 'The Dumping Ground' dad." Clara said.
"Right fine, I'm not going to argue this time Clara." Michael sighed.
Slowly the front door opened and in came Tom with a massive smile on his face.
"And where have you been young man?" Michael asked annoyed.
"Nowhere." Tom mumbled.
"You've been with Katie, dumbass." Clara said.
"Clara."
"Where?" Michael asked.
"What do you think? Giving her a 'perfect moment' and if you don't know what that is dad and gran it's his way of a kiss." Clara smile sweetly turning back to the TV.
Tom stared at Clara angrily, "Clara!"
Michael looked at Tom stunned but Ursula grinned and giggled, "Awe he's just growing up Clara, when your his age you'll be the same."
Clara pulled a dirty look, "as if, I'm too busy to have boyfriends gran."
"You won't be saying that when you see Jake next Monday." Tom laughed.
"Excuse me, I don't fancy Jake!" Clara yelled.
"Course you don't." Tom said sarcastically as he got a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge.

Since Katie and Quinn had that incident in maths Mr Graham had asked them everyday after school clean up after the teachers. As it was a Wednesday Mr Fisher had asked them to clean up his classroom after everyone had gone home.
"I'll ring you Katie." Tom said giving her and Quinn a wave walking out the science classroom.
Quinn sighs, "here we go."
"We can make this fun you know." Katie said.
"How?" Quinn asked pulling a frustrated look.
"Mr Fishers got a CD player." Katie said beckoning Quinn over to the CD player on the desk.
"Yeah but Mr Fisher always listens to that classical music crap." Quinn moans.
"Not exactly." Katie says as she picks up a 90's club classics CD.
"Shut up." Quinn says excitedly snatching the CD of Katie.
Katie smiles as Quinn scans the back at the songs.
"Oh my god it's got mums favourite." Quinn says.
"Which one?" Katie asks looking at the back.
"Dreamers by Livin joy." Quinn says pointing to it.
Katie grins, "I love that one."
"Quick let's put it on." Quinn says putting the disc in the CD player.
"Quinn what if someone sees? Like Mr Fisher." Katie panics looking at the door.
"No one will see and Mr Fisher won't mind either, anyway this was your idea." Quinn points out.
As the music starts playing Quinn grabs the Hoover.
"Come on we'll turn this music on full blast." Quinn says turning the volume up as the beat started coming in.
As the woman started singing Katie got the part of the Hoover tube and pretended it was a microphone miming into it.
Quinn took the tube off her and sang the second verse making Katie laugh.
After Quinn got the mop and started mopping the floor skidding across the floor while Katie hoovered the floor dancing at the same time.
Soon mid song Quinn and Katie ditched cleaning, took the shoes off leaving their socks on and they started dancing randomly doing the shuffle at the exact same time.
They started clicking their fingers going side to side dancing to the beat.
Mr Fisher walked by hearing the music from a distance and looked through the window to his classroom to see Katie doing a run up down the aisle skidding across the floor resulting with Quinn catching her by the legs and spinning her round.
Quinn put Katie back down on the floor as they got back to their cleaning still dancing to the song shuffling their feet to song.
Mr Fisher chuckled to himself as he saw one of his two favourite students dancing to one of his 90's songs. Mostly kids these days would prefer all the rap type songs especially Quinn but to Mr Fishers surprise there was Quinn dancing with Katie while cleaning at the same time.
Mr Fisher walked away deciding to leave the two teenagers to it.
After the song had finished just as Quinn and Katie finished their cleaning they high fived each other out of breath.
"I've...never...danced..that..much in...my life." Katie breathed out.
Quinn laughed, "tell me about it, but hey, you had some moves."
"So did you, how did you learn how to shuffle?" Katie asked.
"I learnt it at football training, don't ask." Quinn laughed still trying to catch his breath.
Katie chuckled, "jeez unlucky that Tom missed that."
"Oi, if my mates ever found out I danced to an old club 90s song in a science classroom I would never hear the end of it, so let's keep it a secret shall we." Quinn says holding out his hand.
Katie giggled, "alright it's a deal."
She shook Quinn's hand and they packed up and went home.