Chapter 55: Finding out

Katie sat in the spare room going through all her notifications on Instagram and sighed, her Boxing Day was just going to be a relax day for her and her family but she was glad, after all Christmas Day was crazy. The door suddenly swooped open revealing Katie's dad, "sweetheart we need to talk, and I don't want you lying to me you have to be completely honest." Katie started to get nervous as her dad sat next to her on the bed, "what dad?"
"What was said at the dinner table yesterday...is it true?"
Katie nodded a little, "kind of."
Her dad sighed, "what do you mean kind of."
"It wasn't exactly cheating he just kissed another girl at the party, but we're ok now so stop worrying." Katie told him.
"You know I was never fond of Tom but I grew to like him more but what I have just heard its knocking me off even more." Her dad said calmly.
Katie looked at him, "I know you don't like him very much, but I do so please just leave it I never want to speak about the party ever again, I'm sick of being reminded of it."
Her dad nodded, "ok we won't speak of it anymore."
Nothing was said after that and he walked out of the room.

3 days later
Janice had quite a nice Christmas she had it with her mum and her brother as her stepdad was now away and hopefully she never got to see him again. However after Christmas her mum was being very distant and she was just locked up in her room all the time. Janice even had to take a Saturday job and take some shifts after school just to help pay the rent as her mum had been calling off sick at her work and that meant Janice couldn't really practise much with the guitars with Rico and she was getting fed up.
That morning while her mum and brother was out Janice started to play the guitar quietly but kept getting the notes wrong the more she got frustrated. She sighed and put her head in her hands before she heard the doorbell ring. She got up and answered it and there stood Rico.
"Hi Janice." He said sweetly his hands in his pockets.
"Yeah hi." Jan sighed.
"Um do you mind if I come in?" He asked.
Janice shook her head, "no not at all." She opened the door and allowed him in the house.
He looked around coming into the living room to find Janice's guitar there, "ah, I should've brung my guitar never mind."
"I was just going to put it away anyway." Jan said walking round into the kitchen and switching the kettle on. Rico followed her leaning against the unit at the far side of the room his hands still in his pockets, "how are you coping?"
"Yeah fine." Jan lied. Rico could tell she was lying just with the sound of her voice and walked up to her removing his hands from his pockets, "your not."
"Yes I am." Janice snapped.
Rico fell silent standing behind her which made her feel awkward.
"I'm sorry." Janice spoke up after a while, "I'm just not in the mood at the moment."
"It's fine Jan, I understand while you feel like that. I'm just gunna..you know.." Rico said awkwardly gesturing to the front door. Jan snapped her head round tearing up, "no Rico stay, please."
Rico smiled warmly at her, "sure."
Janice returned the smile, "look Rico my mums been stressed out lately and she's not been coming in work, so I've found a job to at least earn money for the rent."
"Jan, don't let any of this bring you down though I can see in your eyes that your breaking down inside." Rico said.
Jan stared at him blinking back tears, "I'm fine Rico, really I am."
Rico shook his head, your not."
Rico took her into a hug but was then interrupted as the home phone started ringing.
Jan pulled out of the hug and gave Rico a small smile before going over to the phone to answer it.
"Hello?" Jan asked.
"Hello, is this Janice Morris?" A low man voice asked.
"Um...y-yeah..." Jan stuttered.
"There's been an accident..."

Sorry if this chapter was too short but linger chapter are coming soon! :)