Chapter 60: New Years Eve

Hey guys, I wanted to make a New Year's Eve chapter as its New Year's Eve! Happy New Year's Eve everyone! WARNING: Some parts are quite cheesy 😂 but oh well it's New Years aha! 😃

"So how'd it go?" Katie asked as she drank from her smoothie along with Tom sitting next to her smiling.
"It went really well, I spoke to mum...I mean Sarah after and we talked for like 3 hours, and she seems fine that I can visit them whenever I want!" Quinn explained.
"That's great, so what are they like?" Tom asked.
"Well mums a business woman known as quite bossy but she's really nice and my dad makes superhero figurines in his garage and we've really bonded after we played football in the back garden.
"Awe, they sound really nice." Katie said stirring her smoothie with her straw.
"Yeah they are." Quinn grinned.
"So what do you think about the last day of 2015 then?" Katie asked the two boys.
"Strange, times gone so quickly." Tom said.
"But we have had the best year." Quinn chimed in.
"Erm, kind of." Katie corrected.
"Yeah mate don't you remember the party?" Tom said.
"Well apart from that it was a good year." Quinn chuckled.
"Nearly getting in trouble with the police, falling out with me and Tom and then finding out your adopted...yeah what a great year." Katie said sarcastically.
Quinn sighed, "ok fine so some parts of the year has been bad but hopefully we can just leave it there."
"Ok, our New Years resolution," Katie said, "we don't fight over anyone that's not worth our time."
"And no matter who tries to split us up we won't give in and we will always stick together." Tom said.
"And, Clarkey, we do not, I repeat, DO NOT fight over girls ever again. It's silly." Quinn said loudly.
Katie put her hand in the middle of the table along with Tom and Quinn, "deal?"
"Deal." The two boys said in unison before they moved their hands away from the table and smiled at each other.

At half 11 at night lots of people piled around at the big park to see the fireworks go off ready for New Years, Amy and Tabby arrived along with Quinn, his real parents and Sarah who was chatting and laughing. Tom, Clara, Michael and Ursula came in next along with Katie's family except form her little sister and her grandad as her sister would be in bed by now with her grandad looking after her.
"So Katie, you ready for your New Years kiss with Tom?" Kelly joked about it deliberately saying it loud informs of their parents. "Kelly." Katie hissed as her mum and dad gave her an odd look. Kelly laughed, "ahem he's over there with Quinn and Amy and Tabby."
Katie rolled her eyes, "ok I guess I'll see you later then." Katie runs over to Tom and taps him on the shoulder.
"Hey!" Tom said cheerfully.
"Oh um by the way I don't even want to see what you two do when the fireworks go off." Quinn broke in.
"Likewise." Katie said pointing him and Amy out.
"Oi shut up!" Amy laughed playfully.
Katie giggled and looked behind her to see her family concentrating on the sky except from her dad who was half smiling at her and Tom, his half smile turned into a frown as he looked at her disapprovingly.
"Um, Tom." Katie said trying to get his attention.
"Yeah?" He asked turning his head round.
Katie gave one last awkward look at her dad before turning her head back to Tom's, "can we go somewhere else to see the fireworks? Like away from everyone else."
Katie expected Tom to try and get her to stay where they were but instead he nodded and smiled, "sure." Katie smiled and grabbed his hand leading him away from everyone else and lead him to the hollow tree even though it more or less and no leaves on it whatsoever it was still now her and Tom's favourite place to go.
"How come you wanted to come here and not be with everyone else?" Tom asked.
Katie didn't want to tell Tom about her dad being wary about him because she didn't want to worry Tom. She preferred being away from everyone else and it just being her and Tom by themselves near the hollow tree, it was a lot more comfortable and magical.
"It's more better here, just us two." Katie said taking his hand.

"Where's Clarkey?" Quinn asked as he looked around the park. "Where's Katie?" Amy asked him.
Quinn sighed, "they've probably gone off somewhere, not surprised anyway, knowing those two."
"Yeah probably." Amy said.

"So, I will organise a few more visits for Quinn to see you both." Sarah told Quinn's parents.
"He's such a lovely boy, I can't wait to spend more time with him." Quinn's mum said.
Sarah smiled, "little rascal when he was younger, believe me he still can be like that now but he's more mature now."
"Who's that girl that's with him?" Adam asks as he sees Quinn talking to Amy.
"Oh that's Amy." Sarah tells them.
"Oh so he's dating?" Quinn's mum asks.
Sarah nods, "he only got back with her a couple of weeks ago."
Quinn's mum chuckles, "bless him."

Time skip: 23:59PM
"It's nearly time!" Michael says excitedly as Clara and Ursula smile.
Soon the clock turns to midnight and the fireworks start to go off with everyone cheering "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Hugging and laughing.

"Happy new year." Katie says to Tom as she tore her eyes away from the fireworks and stared into his eyes.
"You too." He said with a smile before leaning in to kiss her. Tom pulled away as Katie beamed a sweet, happy smile at him as her and Tom continued to watch the fireworks.

Janice and Rico sat in the hospital gazing out of the windows smiling watching the fireworks happily.
"Your mum will be with your dad now, starting her new year in heaven." Rico chuckled.
"Yeah, she will. It's weird though, starting a new year without my mum, I don't even know what comes next after this." Jan says.
"Neither do I but you can start a whole new year now, no crying that's your New Years resolution, be strong." Rico told her. Janice nodded as her and Rico continued to look out of the window.
Jan's 2016 was going to start with new people, like she was going to have a second life almost.
The past was now gone. Jan was going to start her new year without making any bad mistakes.
She was doing it for her mum, she missed her terrible and even though she was hurting inside, she wanted to stay strong just like Rico had said...