Chapter 34: No sense

"Hey." Quinn said to Amy who was writing in her English book quickly.
"Hi Quinn." Amy replied.
Quinn sat next to her on the grass and she stopped writing as the atmosphere started getting really awkward.
Amy and Quinn used to date until they got into a massive fight and they didn't speak to each other for months, they were friends now and talked to each other but they were never going to get back together, although something urged Amy to have feeling for Quinn again. She was jealous of Janice as soon as she heard her and Quinn was dating but she tried to rub it off.
"So...what are you doing?" Amy asked awkwardly.
"I wanted to just speak to you...it's that alright?" Quinn asked.
Amy nodded half smiling looking away.
"Look, um it's pretty obvious that you've been jealous of me and Jan." Quinn finally said breaking the extremely awkward silence.
Amy snapped her head round in panic, "I don't know what your talking about, why would I be jealous?"
Quinn chuckled, "I can see it in your eyes, it's ok, don't be scared to admit it."
Amy frowned bringing her knees up, "ok maybe I have but its no big deal, we're not together anymore so it doesn't matter."
"Yeah sure." Quinn said quietly.
Amy felt like crying, she hated to admit it, but she missed him...
And she wanted him back.

It'd been a long time since Tom and Katie actually got to watch a movie together on the sofa stuffing their faces with popcorn and skittles but it was one of those nights and they decided to watch Romeo and Juliet with an added zombie apocalypse. Katie was jumping and squealing around everywhere at the scary pop ups clutching on to Tom in fright which made him laugh.
As the film was finishing Tom managed to finish the bowl full of popcorn and looked beside him to see Katie fast asleep on his shoulder. She looked really peaceful and he didn't want to wake her up but what he could he do? If she didn't come home her mum and dad would be going out of their minds. Tom had no idea how long Katie had been fast asleep on his shoulder for because she was clutching onto his arm the whole time in the movie so he couldn't tell.
He lightly shook her, "Katie?"
She stirred and gripped onto him tighter.
"Katie?" He said louder.
"Mmm." She mumbled.
"It's half 10 you better get going." Tom said.
Katie lifted her head of his shoulder and looked at the clock, "how long was I asleep for?"
"I'm not sure, anyway come on, I'm sure dad will be able to give you a lift back home." Tom offered as him and Katie got up off the sofa.
A few minutes after Michael was ready in his car outside Katie quickly put her woolly cream cardie on.
"Remember what I said, about taking to your sister, and promise not to cry...I don't like seeing you upset." Tom said putting his hand on her small arm reassuringly.
Katie nodded, "thanks Tom."
Tom pulled her into a hug, "I'll see you tomorrow."
They came out of the hug and smiled at each other but Katie was clutching on to Tom's hand. She held it for a moment as she started walking away, she gave one last smile and let go of his hand walking out the door and shutting it quietly behind her.

Kelly's legs ached with pain, she wobbled on the dark cold streets wiping tears from her face she only had a thin denim jacket that Katie lended to her. The college party had been a disaster, Kelly wished she hadn't drank much as she felt dizzy and sober. This city was clear to her but for some reason she didn't know her way home, she heard the calls from her boyfriend trying to call her back.
Kelly walked faster in her platform boots trying to get away from everyone else she wandered onto the busy road not paying any attention to the green traffic lights. Suddenly out of the blue a screech came next to her along with a car horn honking wildly, Kelly quickly ran away from it and started taking raspy breaths in.
A woman rushed out of the car and took hold of her, "are you alright sweetheart?"
She brung Kelly to the pathway as Kelly spewed up, "there you are sweetheart it's alright." The woman cooed rubbing her hand reassuringly on Kelly's back.
Kelly felt another person by her side, she looked up and saw a blonde boy next to her.
"Wait? Kelly?!" He said shocked.
"Your my sisters mate? Quince? No, Quinn?" Kelly questioned before she spewed up again.
"Where have you been?" Quinn asked.
"Nowhere." Kelly said drunkenly.
"Mum?" Quinn asked his mum.
"We need to take this girl home, where does Katie live Quinn?" Quinn's mum asked putting her hand around Kelly's shoulder.
"I'll give you directions mum, Come on Kelly." He sighed taking Kelly to the car.
"By the way Quinn, if she asks, this was Katie's fault." Kelly spat.
"Kelly, this was no ones fault, mum nearly killed you, you came out of nowhere, and can I just say Katie's in pieces she really wants to make up with you, she cries everyday." Quinn explained helping Kelly on to the back seat.
Kelly stayed silent after that leaving Quinn and his mum to drive her back to her house.

"Ellie come on you should be fast asleep by now it's quarter to 11!" Katie said chasing her sister around the room.
"Your not going to get me." Ellie teased hiding behind the sofa.
"RAWWWW." Katie roared grabbing on to her sister making her sqeal.
"Come on you should be in bed little miss trouble." Gilbert said walking into the room.
"I'm not tired." Ellie said as Katie picked her up balancing her on her hip.
"No I think you are, come on I'm going to take you to bed." Katie chuckled taking Ellie upstairs.
There was a ring at the doorbell and Gilbert walked into the hallway confused, who would ring the doorbell at quarter to 11 at night?
He opened the door and Kelly staggered in nearly tripping on the floor but Quinn managed to catch her keeping her stable on the floor.
Meanwhile as Katie was tucking her sister in she heard all the commotion downstairs and ran down followed by her dad.
"Mr Lord?" Quinn's mum asked looking round the house.
"Yes, and please it's Richard." Katie's dad said rushing towards Kelly.
"Quinn?!" Katie asked stunned, "what happened?"
"She came out on to the road randomly, she's in a state." Quinn explained.
Katie nodded, "well, thanks for bringing her home anyway Quinn and thanks Sarah."
"Anytime sweetheart." Sarah said as her and Quinn gave a quick wave and closed the door.
Richard had his hands in his waist annoyed, as soon as the door closed he went mental.
"Why do this again?! hm?" He questioned Kelly.
Katie folded her arms and looked sympathetically but disappointingly at Kelly.
"I didn't mean to." Kelly droned.
Richard scoffed, "didn't mean to, you were drinking at a college party, according to Sarah you wandered out on the road you could've got killed! You have no sense at all."
"Stop telling me what to do." Kelly said nearly falling over.
"Look at you Kelly, you can hardly stand up!" Richard yelled.
"Come on Richard, give her some space, it was a mistake." Gilbert said.
"A mistake, you keep out of this dad." Richard snapped.
"Dad why do you always tell me what to do, I'm not a little kid." Kelly screamed.
Richards face flared up in anger, his temper got the better of him and he swung his hand across Kelly's cheek.
"DAD!" Katie screamed as she started at her dad in shock.
Richard turned away putting his hand over his mouth.
Silence filled the hallway, Richard wan upstairs with Gilbert following after him in anger so it was just left with Katie and Kelly standing alone in the hallway.
"I can't believe dad just did that." Katie said.
Kelly's eyes filled with tears, "I can."
"Kelly I'm so sorry." Katie choked up as a single tear fell down her cheek.
Kelly stared at her and after a few moment came up to her pulling her into a tight hug.
"Me too."