Chapter 39

Hailey's POV

"This way Mr. Anderson, Ms. Westwood." I smiled at the receptionist.

We got inside The Smith-Jones Center. The place was breathtaking, the tables and decorations were a mix of dark blue and white. The walls were decorated elegantly with blue and white drapes, all the tables had flowers and name cards on them. This benefit gala was for a charity that helps children who has cancer and children who were homeless, I just hope people will bid to the highest amount so that there will be enough money for children who needed help.

"Oh Zachary babe you're here!" Samantha Jones, ring a bell? She came and hugged Zach as I just rolled my eyes.

"Hi Hailey." She looked at me like she wanna eat me now.. Oh please! "Hi Sam" I smiled sarcastically.

"What are you bidding for?" Zach asked her. Why did he ask her that question? Urgh.

"Anything or anyone that....I like." She looked at Zach flirtatiously. "If I want it I'll get....it." She added.

"Let's go, Zach?" Then I hold his arm tight then we started walking away from and I rolled my eyes from her, I can really say she's very pissed.

"Baby, I can see you're jealous" he smirked. "Jealous of her? Puh-lease!" I kinda do a  little fake laugh that was too obvious it was fake. "I'm liking the jealous type Hailey." He joked as I slapped him on his chest.

What does she mean by anything or anyone? So you mean to say you can bid people?! I have a bad feeling about this event.

More and more guests were arriving and were standing around talking to each other. Some people are staring at us, murmuring stuffs. I saw River, James and Tori waving back at us so we weaved through the crowd and made our way to them. As we reached their table, "You look very hot tonight Hailey." James crossed his arms.

"You don't look bad yourself, James." I smiled. "Tori you're gorgeous!" I yelped hugging her. "Aren't we the same?" She giggled. Zach being all gentleman he pulled out the chair for me, we sat down and enjoying chatting to one another.

"Hey what if I was auctioned?" Zach smirked. "Don't even start this nonsense Zachary!" I cut him off.

"If you thought I'll spend stupid money in one of your games then you're wrong." I added and looked away.

"Even if Samantha Jones's the bidder?" He asked purposely.

"ZACHARY ANDERSON YOU WOULDN'T." I warned him as he laughed.

"Baby let's test that thing called 'love' you have for me." He then winked back and walked out from his seat. "Get back here!" I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen.

"Uh James, what if..." I asked then he quickly answered. "Yes and yes I know what you're going to ask, so if I were you, bid the highest or else your little boyfriend will be someone else's tonight." He laughed.

"The next object to bid is....wait it's not an object! IT'S THE ONE AND ONLY ZACHARY ANDERSON." The host announced. And the crowed was surprised and most girls were heated up.

"SERIOUSLY, HE IS SO IMMATURE! TO PUT HIMSELF IN THIS STUPID TEST! WELL I WON'T BE SPENDING MY MONEY ON HIM." I said half angry-half annoyed.

"Oh come on, I'm sure you're just saying that." River shook his head looking at me.

"Do you want Samantha Jones to be with Zach THE WHOLE NIGHT?" Tori snapped me out.

"I-uh" before I could finish..."$50,000" a woman in the black dress said. What? Already?!

"$50,000 already?!" The host was shock of the amount! "Do we have higher than $50,000?" The host asked.

"$150,000!" A woman in yellow yelled. Woah take it easy on my man, woman. "$150,000 to the lady in yellow! Who wish to go higher than that?" I can see the host's very surprised.

"Cheap." James joked. "Man, Hailey are you not bidding? I'm sure you'll win." River teased.

"$300,000!" WHAT THE HECK. "$300,000 wow! Are there any higher? I believe no one..." The host choked.

Then there's a sudden squeaky voice. "500,000!" The host quickly responded. "500,000 from...oh my it's Tyler Jones' second daughter, Samantha Jones everyone! I bet no one's going higher than that! 500,000 everybody!" The host was in complete shock! Everyone applauded as she stood up and waves around happily. 

It's only Zachary, come on! Seriously, Sam? You'll bid so much for him?! Oh no am I going to let you have him! Not even a night!

Someone yelled, "800,000 dollars!" Everyone was shocked cos' there's still someone bidding higher than a million.

"You're something Mr. Zachary." The host laughed as everyone laughed along. "800,000 dollars going once..."

"Hailey, don't say we didn't warn you." James turned to me

Okay maybe I should start biding errr... To save Zach.

"$1 million dollars!" A sudden roar. "ONE MILLION DOLLARS FROM SAMANTHA JONES AGAIN! WOW!" The host and everyone applauded and were still in shock! "Okay now I'm very sure no one's bidding higher than that!" The host looks pretty sure about this but he's wrong. I saw Samantha stood up and ready to go get her prize. Oh you thought you'll finally have him, bitch! You're not!

"Hailey!" Tori squealed. "Hailey..." River looked very nervous and I can see James' also nervous.

"Going once....going twice...."