Chapter 37

Hailey's POV

-At the mall-

"Thank you for coming with me, Zach." I wrapped my arm on his waist.

"Do I have a choice?" He chuckled and tugged his arm on my shoulder.

After three hours of shopping we finally bought everything we need. "Now hurry let's go to the hotel!" I said.

"Always in a rush, Ms. Westwood." Zach smirked while I rolled my eyes.

I quickly went to the restroom of the hotel to get dress, while Zach do the same but he was more calm than I am.

I hurriedly wear the black sweetheart dress from Versace that I just bought awhile ago. The neckline was a little low that my breast was a little exposed, not my fault that my cup size is 36 C. The dress was not tight and not straight, it was above knee-length but flowy, making me feel comfortable. Then I slid into my black Chanel heels then I grab my white Yves Saint Laurent clutch. Yes, I'm a fan of black and white, I just find them classy and elegant. I put on silver diamonds bracelets and earrings. To finish the look, I clasped around my neck the necklace Zach gave me.

I walk out the restroom just to see Zach leaning on the wall tapping his hands, and looking at his phone.

"Hey! Let's go!" I wrap my hands on his arm.

"You look beautiful." He then looked at me and smiles.

We walked inside the ballroom to see there were already so many people inside! My parents never failed to throw a big party. The food was fantastic, the decorations was breathtaking, everything were just was what I expected to be.

"Hails! You look gorgeous!" Tori came hugging me.

"You look stunning too, Tori!" I hugged back. While Zach greeted River with a bro hug or something.

The party was not so crazy since we're inside a hotel not a bar. People were enjoying the food, the music, and everything. It was almost three hours of endless eating and chatting. I'm such a pig!

Some people were already leaving, it was getting pretty late. While me, Zach, Tori an River's still enjoying the food and chit chats. My mom approached our table, "I hope you guys enjoyed the party." She said sweetly.

"Oh yes Aunt Claire! It was great!" River responded.

"Good to hear that, dear. Hailey I need you to do me a favor." She asked me.

"Sure thing mom, what is it?" I asked.

"I want you to go to this event for me, your dad and I couldn't attend as we're going to China for a business trip." She said softly.

"You're leaving again? But you just got here." I said disappointedly.

"Yes dear, unfortunately." She said tapping my back softly. "Don't worry your friends are also invited, that is what their parents said. They will accompany you to the event." She added.

Tori and the other just smiled and nodded. "What kind of an event is that mother?" I asked.

"Good question. It's a charity event sweetie, people bidding for something that is sold at the auction. The money goes to children who suffered cancer and children who are homeless." She said softly smiling.

"Oh that's sweet. Okay mom, I'll go. But what to wear?" I asked while Zach laughed little.

"Dear you always worry on what to wear. It's a very formal event, let's say it's a gala." She smirked. "Oh and I deposited five million dollars to your account. Incase you make a bid in the auction, I don't want you to loose to other people. Just prepare a blank check and write the amount and pay it." She whispered enough for only me to hear.

"Mom I don't need that big! And besides I have more than enough in my account." I whispered back.

"Sweetie, 5 million to your dad is just nothing. Take it as your allowance." She whispered back again.

"Okay mom thanks." I hugged her as she waves good bye.

"What was that all about?" Tori asked.

"Oh uh, nothing just a quick mother and daughter talk." I fake smiled. Tori just nodded.