Chapter 21

Kiandra POV

"Babe, help me pick which heels to wear tonight!" I screamed from my large walk-in closet.

"Nooo!" He yelled from the bathroom door.

"What do you mean no?" I smacked my lips and put my heels back on the rack.

I walked into our master bed room and plopped my self on the grey duvet on our king bed.

"Don't go to sleep now, we have a dinner party to go to in a few hours." Jaysean said walking in the room with a towel on.

"I don't even feel like going tonight, I don't feel good." I whined.

"Liyah is gonna be mad at us, she's been talking about this for a while and we said we'd go." He said removing his towel off his wet muscular body.

I didn't bother to look because honestly I was feeling really aweful. I've been throwing up for 4 days in a row now and I've been getting deep migraines.

I feel dizzy and out of order.

"Babygirl you don't look too well. I'll call Li." He said spoke while dressing in his casual clothes.

"No, I have too. But I don't want to. She said she has a surprise for us tonight we can't miss it." I said covering my face with a pillow.

"You sure babe. I don't want you to die on me." He chuckled.

"Go away." I mumbled.

"Fine. In the meantime, do you want some tea or gingerale?" He sat beside me while rubbing my back for comfort.

"I dunno." I mumbled again in the covers.

"I'll tell you what. How bout I give you a massage?" He offered.

"I just wanna be alone."

"Ok grumpy. I'll wake you up when it's time to get ready." He sighed.

I felt him place a soft kiss on my neck before leaving the room.

****

"Do you know where my purse is love?" I said strapping on my nude sandals on the couch.

"Yea baby, I'm holding it for you." He spoke while exiting the living room.

I went with something comfortable and cute since I wasn't feeling my very best at all.

Jaysean on the other hand wore a simple beige Ralph Lauren button up followed by some black jeans with some Sperry's.

Liyah didn't give us a particular dress code so we weren't going to show up in gowns and suits. It's only a little dinner at her house.

My headache went away with a couple hours of sleep and I wasn't feeling too naceous anymore.

*****
Liyah POV

My phone rang indicating someone is at the gate and not gonna lie I'm quite nervous.

I answered the call and buzzed in whoever without asking. I assumed it was Jae and his girl since they are suppose to arrive before Kiandra and Jay.

Tonight for this dinner I prepared a homemade family size quiche, penne pasta topped with tomato roasted garlic sauce and meatballs, cheesy garlic bread knots, lassagna florentine, and for dessert slutty brownies.

Not gonna lie, I may have went overboard with the cooking but I've been craving it for the longest and I also wanted to bring out my Italian roots.

"Baby who was dat tha gate?" Don asked fixing his hanging true religion jeans.

"Ugh, boy you couldn't pick something a lil more nicer than that?" I rolled my eyes and continued plating the warm garlic knots.

"Shut the fuck up. Not in tha mood for ya shit." He warned while brushing past my shoulder.

I didn't bother to respond because I was used to him checking me and getting violent.

Me and Don are always on and off.

It's very hard for me to stay mad at him because he's my first love. We've been through our ups and downs.

My parents bought me this 3/2 apartment after my high school graduation. So I basically have 2 spare rooms that collect dust.

Don sorta lives here with me because he sleeps over atleast 5 times a week. He doesn't pay a single bill though, he just kinda shows up whenever.

The doorbell rang and then came a familiar voice.

I quickly placed the lassagna dish on the table and made my way to the door.

Before opening, I checked the peephole and smoothed down my pink bodycon skirt then took a deep breath.

"Hello guys. Welcome, Jae and--"

"Hey. It's smells hella good in here." He said rubbing his stomach.

"India." She smiled and reached for a hug.

I still don't like her but I'm not going to be rude and not hug her. So I did, and we made our way to the living room where "Curren$y: Bottom of the bottle" played from bluetooth speakers.

"So, India tell me about yourself." I asked while placing 3 smirnoff ice drinks on the coffee table ahead.

"Well, I was born in Folkston raised in Atlanta, I did alot of cheer in middle school and highschool. I've done a little modeling here and there, I'm hoping to get more serious with it. I also want to be a Pediatrician some day."

"Seems like your talkative." I said while sipping from my bottle.

"Um yeah, sorry I apologize about that. I'm a very shy but outgoing person." She blushed.

"But what about you?" She added.

"I was born and raised in Atlanta, went to Lanes High. I'm in school for business/adminstration. I want to open a big makeup company one day of some sort. And blah blah blah."

I was not really interested in telling India my business, I just wanted to know hers.

Jae was glued to his phone the whole time, ignoring us. I guess it was awkward for him.

"You went to Lanes high? I went there too" She said sounding shocked.

"Never seen you before."

"Wow okay, but this is a really nice apartment...how many rooms?" She said sounding annoyed.

"3 bedroom, 2 baths."

"Me and Jae recently bought our first apartment together."

"Cool. You haven't touched your drink, should I get you a caprisun?"

"Just water...I'm pregnant so there won't be any drinking for me." She shot a petty smile.

*****