Chapter 16

Liyah POV

After a long stressful day at work at H & M, I was debating on whether or not I wanted Mcdonalds or Wendy's.

I picked Wendy's and started up the engine to my cadillac. I sat low in my seat to reflect the tragic event that occured today.

Jhene Aiko bursted through the speakers leaving chills up my spine.

One single note from her mouth can make rethink everything I've ever done in life.

Today was shitty. I saw Jaeger and his stupid girlfriend, for the first time. To me she wasn't all that, I knew had way more going on.

Ok let me stop. She was actually bad as fuck but not badder than me.

She seemed to be clingy and annoying though.

Jaeger this. Jaeger that. Babe this. Babe that.

But I didn't want to give Jaeger the satisfaction of being jealous. Niggas love when girls fight over them.

Not I.

No matter how much I want him...I'm done trying.

Plus, she looked like a gold digger. I peeped he was holding all of her bags and she was skipping around like she didn't give a fuck.

Then this nigga has the nerve to run off without recieving his change. Who does that?

Was that suppose to be a gift?

I scoffed out loud at my thoughts in the midst of unlocking my phone.

My notifications were blown the fuck up by Kiandra and Don.

I clicked Don's messages he sent me first, and was actually interested on what bullshit he had to say next.

Ex

-Hey, can you like...fuck with a nigga damn.

-I said I'm sorry.

-Yo u know what you a bougie ass bitch.

-Hello?

-Man fuck you. Since you wanna play n' shit...you dead to me completely. Don't call me ever.

-And thats why I fucked yo cousin too. Why you think she act funny around us?

-Imma make you regret this shit.

-I got cousins who can whoop yo ass senseless in the streets. N don't think I forgot about what you told me.

-Imma tell everybody ya lil secret.

-You a hoe. And you gon' learn.

These messages that I read didn't even bother me because he's said these things to me before to scare me.
I always stayed because I told him everything and I thought I couldn't get anyone better.

I used to let him talk to me any type of way. In the beginning when we used to "talk" he was very sweet, patient, and so consistent.

So I told him my deepest darkest secrets that were locked away inside of me. I trusted Don with my life at one point.

But once we got comfortable around each other, he changed. Not for the better but the fucking absolute worst.

He put his hands on me once, but we vowed to never speak of it again.

It happened one day when were chilling in his room, on his couch and my iphone flashed indicating I had a imessage.

Flashback

It was a super cold and quiet night when I was layed up under my man. We were resting on the couch until my phone went off.

"Who's that?"

"I don't know, let me see...might be Hector." I yawned while reaching for it on the table.

"Hector?" He said raising his voice, causing me to jump.

"Yea we were paired up in trignometry together. It's nothing." I said hiding the fear in my voice.

"I don't want you to fucking talk to him!" He spat.

"It's not that big of a deal, it's just for class!" I raised my voice back.

"Shut the fuck up hoe!" He said grabbing me by the arm and flinging me back to the couch.

"Ok! Just let me go!" I begged.

He was scaring the hell out of me. He always yells at me but today he looked like he was going to hit me.

I just don't know what I did to deserve the things I get.

The room was silent and that's when my phone that was now on the floor.

My phone flash lit up and it was another text.

"Liyah what the fuck!" He said punching me in the stomach.

"Argh!" I scrunched in pain.

I felt trapped on the couch.

"Delete his number." He whispered in my ear.

"But-- I ca--"

He interupted my attempt to speak by punching me once more in stomach.

"Ok I will!" I gave up and deleted the number and cried my eyes out on the couch.

He didn't pay me no mind.

End of Flashback