01 : The Start of Everything.

It was on my 15th birthday when I found out. I had woken up that morning, looked in the mirror and saw my normal light green eyes had taken on a multicoloured glow.

I was shocked and intrigued as to why, and wished I wasn’t so damn curious. That day, a lot of strange things were happening. I felt like I was being watched. Constantly. It was like everywhere I went I felt the eyes and but I looked, nothing was there.

Since then It seems as if my life has been tested so many times.

The first time I was attacked, I was, blind-folded, tied up, they had stuck me head first in water and I tried holding my breath, and let it all out, finding that when I sucked in water without thinking that I actually was breathing.

Of course it terrified me, I mean, who wouldn’t be terrified. Somehow I had miraculously gotten away. I still have no idea how though.

When I finally got away and I saw them, they’re bodies were swollen and blistered and had that flaming red look skin always has when its been burned. I had a feeling it was me who did that.

Over time I began to experiment. I tried controlling the elements. I found I could collect energy directly from the sun, from oxygen, water. I could make plants grow, and I could change the weather.

My powers had everything to do with elements. Nothing beyond were in my abilities. The attacks started coming more now.

I was ready, I fought them off with my powers. Drowning, burning, burying, strangling. I sort of started hating myself.

Next thing I know is there’s a knock at my door, a year later with an older man and a two teenager guys like myself. He introduced himself as Headmaster Barns. Told my mother I had been accepted into his school on a full scholarship. His eyes had a similar quality as mine. Except they were all silvers, golds and coppers.

The boys with him, one eyes a fiery red, the other a deep blue. My mother was so excited. She helped me pack all of my belongings. I was uneasy the entire time and was using the time to build up my energy, in case I needed to fight.

Later, with my belongings packed away safely in a small trailer attached to a sleek black car. I was really uneasy and as soon as I made my way to the car I was trapped.

I tried everything I could think of to escape but nothing worked.

The older man with, silver, gold and copper eyes was staring at me intently. I still remember exactly what he said, word for word.

‘Raeanne Roosevelt, do not be afraid, we are of the same kind. We’re taking you to a school, where you can learn to control your powers and use them for good, not the killings with which you have committed.’

I was needless to say, scared.

‘I don’t believe you.’ I said. he just smiled and the boy with red eyes started the car and headed north on the highway.

And that is where everything started.