Chapter 28

Loki's POV

So far everything is going according to plan. I felt a malicious grin creep up my face.

They now know my army is coming. Now all that's left is to sit here and wait for the others to come for me.

And how could I forget my queen?

I know deep down she still loves me. That kiss from an hour before said it all.

Ana's POV

Tony wasn't back yet. I was standing next to Thor as Steve and Nat were sitting. Bruce stood as well on the other side.

"He has an army called the Chitari. He wage them among us to win over the Earth." I told them.

"An army, from outer space."

'So, he's building another portal." Bruce stated. "That's why he needs Selvig."

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha said.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve says.

"Theirs always an ulterior motive for what Loki does." I spoke up.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

"He killed 80 people in 2 day." Natasha stated. I sigh.

"He's adopted."

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium...What do they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asked rhetorically.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony stated making his presence known as he and Phil walked into the room. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD." He said walking over. "No hard feelings, point break. You've got a mean swing." He says to Thor passing by. Oh all father.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Tony continued to explaining as he walked to the controls. He started saying stop making me roll my eyes and people look at him strangely. "That man is playing Galaga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did." He looks at the control panels and covers one eyes before asking "How does Fury even see these?"

"He turns." Maria responds in an irritated tone.

"Sound exhausting." I lightly shook my head. Same old Tony. "The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. something to kick-start the Cube." He explains.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asks him.

"Last night." Tony responded. "The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked as he walked over to my side.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He would have to heat the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce explained.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony countered heading over to Bruce.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet."

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony said gesturing to Bruce with his hand before they shook hands. "Your work on antielectron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." I sigh and walk over to them.

"That's enough Tony." I said as Bruce gave a sarcastic 'thanks.'

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube." Fury stated walking in. " I was hoping you might join him." He said referring to Tony.

"I would start with that stick of his." Steve suggested. "It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon."

"I don't know about that, but it is powered b the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys? I do not understand."

"I do. I understand tat reference." I saw Tony roll his eyes not amused.

"Shall we play, Doctor?" Tony asks Bruce who nodded. Those two walked off.

__________________________

Vote/Comment