Chapter 66

"Here's the receipt for your gear." Sharon said handing Sam the receipt. I stood besides Steve as we looked at the screen that showed Bucky. Since we were in the glassed conference room we couldn't hear what was being said.

"Bird costume?"

"I didn't write it." Sharon defended herself. I looked back at her. She looked around before pressing a button. Suddenly the live recording of Bucky showed up on the screen along with the audio.

"Do you know where you are James?" The doctor had asked Bucky. But he stayed silent. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me James."

"My name is Bucky." He spoke up. 

"Why would the task force release this photo of him in the first place?" Steve asks. I shrugged.

"Maybe to spread the word, get as many eyes out for him as we can?" I suggested.

"Right. Good way to flush guy out of hiding, set off a bomb get your picture taken, you get 7 billion people looking for the Winter Soldier."

"So you're saying somebody framed him to find him." Sharon stated.

"Steve we looked for the guy for 2 years and found nothing." Sam says.

"We didn't bomb the UN, turns a lot of heads."

"Yea but it doesn't guarantee whoever framed him, the guarantee's that we would." Sharon states. 

I squinted my eyes a bit looking up at the screen at the man talking to Bucky.

"Yea."

"Tell me Bucky, you've seen a great deal haven't you?" The doctor asked him.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You feel that, uh, if you open your mouth the horrors might not stop. Don't worry, we only have to talk about one."

Suddenly the power went out.

"South level bound, east wing." Sharon said quickly. I nodded as Steve, Sam and I ran the hell out of there to try to get to Bucky as fast as we could.

-

I walked in behind Sam and Steve as either dead or unconscious people littered the floor.

"Help me." A voice whimpered from the floor a few feet away in the room Bucky was in that cage in. Steve stormed over.

"Get up." Steve says yanking the man up, pinning him to the wall. "What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall."  I took a step into the room and instantly ducked as a metal fist went flying at me. Sam ran in as he nearly got punched as well. Bucky grabbed a hold of Sam's jaw throwing him forward. I threw an upper cut. His face flew up before throwing another punch. I dodged it kicking him in the stomach. He lunged forward and lifted me up above his head. I gasped in surprise.

"Let her go Bucky." Steve says. Bucky threw me at the thing he was held in. I hit my side and head pretty hard before falling on top of Sam who groaned. I gasped at the pain. I felt very woozy at the moment.

I clutched my side. That was going to bruise. I shut my eyes for a moment before opening them again but it was blurred a bit. I made out Bucky and Steve fighting. 

I shut my eyes again and when I opened them Steve and Bucky were gone.

"What the hell" I mumbled before setting my head back down.

-

"Hey, wake up. Damn it Ana" I heard a voice say. I forced my eyes open and saw Sam standing over me. He lifted me up. "Come on that doctor guy is getting away." He said  urgently. I nodded. I stumbled a bit before running alongside Sam to go after the 'doctor'.