Chapter 5

Turns out Tony left last night and went after the men who had his weapons and terrorizing people. I only just found out from Rhodey who told me about it.

I walked down to his workplace/garage.

"Ow. Ow, okay ow." I hear Tony as walk down the steps. I noticed the broken glass and walked over it. His machines were surrounding him. His helmet of his suit off.

"What's going on here?" I ask walking closer. The machines stopped and Tony looked over at me.

"Let's face it, this isn't the worst thing you saw me doing." Well he's not wrong about that.

"So what happened over there?" I ask him hopping onto his desk where I was now sitting.

"I destroyed the weapons from my company." He started telling me as the machines were disassembling his suit. "They were going to kill more people so I stopped them." He told me not going into detail. I nodded. Once he was out of the suit I hugged him.

"I'm just glad that your okay." I mumbled into his chest. He wrapped his arms securely around me.

"I uh, shouldn't of done that without telling you." I pull away from him.

"Is that your way of apologizing?" I ask him.

"Um. Yes?" I lightly smirk. I sigh.

"Idiot." I mumbled pecking him on the cheek and left him to do whatever.

-

I ended up downstairs again. I just sat there as he worked on his suit. Soon Pepper came down.

"Are you busy? Do you mind running an errand?" He asks Pepper. "I need you to go down to my office and hack into the mainframe and retrieve all the shipping manifest. This is the lock chip, this will get you in, it should be under executive files, if not it should be on a ghost drive, in which case you look for the lowest numeric category." Tony explained.

"And what do you plan on doing with this information when I bring it back here?" Pepper asked.

"Same drill, they've been dealing under the table. I'm going to stop them, I'm going to find my weapons and destroy them." Tony stated.

"Tony." Pepper began. "You know that I would help you with anything, but I can not help you if your starting all of this again." She stated. They argued a bit more as I watched.

" I quit." Pepper stated tossing the flash drive onto the table.

More words were exchanged and Pepper decided to do it. I tagged along because I had a feeling Obediah was going to be there and well somebody needs to distract him.

We exit the elevator and luckily no one was one this floor. We enter Tony's office and Pepper goes straight for the computer. As she was doing so I poured myself a drink. She played a video and I listened carefully to what they were saying after Pepper put the translating thing on it.

The opened and Pepper quickly switched the screen to the screensaver.

"Obediah!" I said stepping in front of him blocking him from seeing the computer screen.

"Can we have a little chat over there please?" I ask him. He looks down at me.

"sure." He says as we walk towards the door.

"I think we some what go off on the...wrong foot the other night." I tell him. "I didn't mean to accuse you for being a part of Tony's kidnapping." I lied. He sighs then smiles at me.

"That's okay. I completely understand." He tells me. "And if I were you, I suggest you stay in tonight." He whispers as Pepper stood up.

"Why? What's happening tonight?" I ask him suspiciously.

He never answered that question of course.

Pepper and I made a break for it and ran into Phil. So we brought him with us for the meeting he had an appointment to.

_____________________________

Vote/Comment