Chapter 12

"I'm trying to make you CEO why won't you let me?" Tony asks Pepper. All father I swear they argue like a married couple and their not even together.

But Pepper deserves this after all her hard work.

"Have you been drinking?" Pepper asks Tony. I roll my eyes.

"Uh, chlorophyll. I here by irrevocably appoint you the chairman of Stark Industries affected immediately." He said with his hands on her shoulders. "Yea done deal." He said taking his hands off her and walked over to the champagne bottle and glasses. "I've actually given this a fair amount of thought, believe it or not. Head hunting so to speak, trying to figure out who my successor would be. Then I realized..." He popped off the cork on the champagne bottle. "It's you. It's always been you." Tony stated. Pepper just stood there awe-struck before sitting down.

"Congratulations Pep." I said sitting next to her.

"I thought their would be a legal issue but I'm a capable of appointing my successor. My successor being you." Tony said handing Pepper and I a glass.

"I don't know what to think."

"Don't think drink." Tony and I spoke at the same time. He winked at me and him and I clinked glasses.

-

"Hello sir?" I ask.

"I have an assignment for you. I need you to keep an eye on Stark and evaluate him for the avengers initiative. You and Agent Romanoff are assigned to this."

"Alright. Understood sir."

"Excellent." He said before hanging up.

-

I watched Tony and Happy boxing from the side as Pepper walked in.

"What the hell was that?" Happy asked Tony.

"It's called mixed martial arts, it's been around for...three weeks." Tony responded.

"It's called dirty boxing, theirs nothing new about it." Happy stated. I saw someone else walk in. I turn and saw Nat. She gave me a knowing look.

"I promise you this is the only time I will ask you to sign over your company." Pepper stated as Nat asked her to sign something. I watched Tony kick Happy before stopping.

"What's your name lady?" Tony asked pointing to Natasha.

"Rushman. Natalie Rushman." Nat answered.

"Front and center. Come into the church." Tony said pointing inside the rink.

"No your not really going to ask her-

"If it pleases the court. Which it does." Tony says cutting Pepper off.

Oh this'll be good.

"It's no problem." Nat tells Pepper.

"I'm sorry, he's very eccentric." I watched Nat go into the ring.

"Can you, uh, give her a lesson?" He asks Happy as he leaves the ring. He comes over and sits next to me.

"Who is she?" Tony asks Pepper.

"She's a very expensive lawsuit if you keep ogling her like that." Pepper responded.

"I need a new assistant."

"Yes and I have three potential candidates lined up and ready for you."

"I don't have time to meet, I need someone now, that's my final answer."

"No its not."

I decided to ignore their bickering about this and watched Nat and Happy.

"Have you ever boxed before?" Happy asks Nat.

"I have."

"Like tai-bo? Booty boot camp, crunch something like that?" Nat looks over at me. I just smirked. Happy has no idea what he is getting himself into.

"First rule never take your eye off of your opponent. " Happy said moving his fist which Natasha quickly and easily caught and flipping over making Happy fall with her legs around his neck pinning him to the ground.

"Oh my god, Happy" Pepper exclaimed as her, Tony and I stood up just as Nat released him.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Tony says.

"I just slipped." Happy said.

"You did?" Tony rings the bell. "Looks like a TKO to me." Tony stated as Nat got out of the ring.

After all that Nat left.

"I want one." Tony says to Pepper.

"No." Pepper said.

__________________________________

Vote/Comment