Chapter 4

I was laying in Tony and I's room reading a book when I hear a loud crash go through the house. I stand up out of bed.

"Tony what the hell did you do!" I yelled making my way down to his work shop.

I get down there and saw Tony holding a ice pack to his head.

"What the hell was that?!"

"Oh! Jesus you scared me!" Tony said. I rolled my eyes and placed my hands on my hips.
"And oh, sorry about that. Um I finished building the suit and well it worked , just a bit of a crash landing."

"A bit?" He sighed dramatically.

"Okay a lot. Happy?" I smirked and nodded.

"Are you okay?" He nodded.

"I'll be fine." He said walking over grabbing a cup of coffee.

"What's that?" I ask referring to the box. He shrugs and starts opening it. I stood beside him as he did so. It was his old arc reactor in a glass case from Pepper. On the outline it read 'Proof Tony Stark has a heart'

I chuckled.

"I heading back up." I stated turning around. I felt Tony grab my hips pulling me against him.

"No stay down here with me." He said kissing my neck. I sighed.

"Fine." I said giving in.
-
I put on the news as he was working on stuff with his suit.

"Hey aren't you supposed to be at that thing?" I asked Tony as they were talking about a fundraiser tonight that was going on.

"Jarvis did I get an invite?"

"No sir."

"Get dressed we're going." He said to me. I nodded and he followed me upstairs.
-
We sped down the street on our way to the fundraiser. Tony wearing a nice tux and I wearing a dark blue maxi dress with a v-neck , tan heels and some jewelry and makeup.

We arrived shortly and my door was opened by one of the workers. I stepped out and Tony was by my side a second later an arm firmly around my waist as we walked down the red carpet. People started shouting out to Tony especially to women who were trying to get Tony's attention.

"Tony do you remember me?" A blonde girl asked.

"Nope." Tony said as we walked by. I saw Obediah up ahead and we walked right up to him.

"What's the world coming to that a guy has to crash his own party?" I saw the surprised look on Obediahs face.

"Look at you. Hey what a surprise."

"See you inside." Tony said as we started walking away from him but Obediah stopped Tony.

"Take it slow, I got the board right where we want em." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright I'll just be a minute." Tony said and we finally headed inside and he went right to the bar.

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving." Tony said.

"Make that two please." I said to the bar tender who nodded. I looked over and noticed Coulson standing there. I excused myself from Tony and walked over to him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Fury wanted me to debrief on Starks escape."

"But that's what I'm doing." I stated.

"He took you off of it." I lightly scoff.

"What!? Why?" I ask him.

"I'm sorry but I don't know why I'm just following his orders." Phil told me. I sighed.

"Okay." I said.

"You look beautiful tonight." He complimented me. I smiled.

"Thanks." He nodded. Tony walked over to us.

"Dance with me." He said twirling me. I giggled.

"See you later Phil." I called over to Phil as I was being pulled away.

"That was kind of rude Tony." I said playfully glaring at him.

"Oops." He says as we started dancing. I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, I can always make it up to you later." He said suggestively.

"Mm, we'll see about that Stark."

"Oh come on." He pulled me closer to him. He whispered in my ear. "You know you want to." And kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm starting to feel stuffy in here can we head outside?" He nodded. We held hands as we walked out onto the balcony to get some fresh air.

"So who was that in there?" I smirk.

"Jealous are we?" He shook his head. "Tony I told you already that was Phil he's a colleague of mine."

"Oh right, right." I rolled my eyes. Then he was in front of me and placed his lips onto mine. I couldn't help but deepen the kiss before he pulled away with a smirk on his face.

"See you can't resist me." He stated wiggling his eyebrows. I playfully hit his chest and chuckled.

"You want a drink?" I nodded and he began walking away.

"I want a scotch on the rocks." He gave me a thumbs up.
-
I stood here patiently but I eventually got bored and headed inside to see Tony leaving so I followed.

I found Tony standing on the stairs and I walked over to him.

"Tony what's wrong?" I ask.

"I think Obie is dealing under the table."

"How do you know?"

"Because the company is giving out weapons to people who shouldn't have them." He stated before descending the stairs. I quickly followed him as we went back home.
-
"Tony you need rest. Come lay down with me." I stated rubbing his shoulders from behind.

"I have to do something."

"And you will but not tonight." I told him. I took his hand and walked up stairs to our room. We stripped out of our clothes leaving him in boxers and me in my bra and underwear. I stripped from my bra and pulled on one of Tony's t-shirts and got in bed with him.

Tony wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped and arm around him along with my one leg and we both eventually fell to sleep.
_____________
Vote/Comment