Chapter 51

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I reloaded my gun before firing away at the Hydra agents. I stood in the back of a stolen Hydra vehicle with Clint as Natasha sped down the snowy road in Sokovia to a Hydra Research Base where Loki's Scepter should be located. Another truck drove into our's. I pointed my gun at the driver but Thor took care of them before I could before flying off.

Hydra's tech has greatly upgraded, hence why how they can now fly in suits. But I saw how Tony got rid of them easily. 

I continued to shoot at hydra agents when Clint asked.

"So when am I getting a god son?" I scoffed before shooting the man flying behind Clint.

"You want to talk about this now?" I yelled against the wind so he could hear me.

'Why not?" He retorted. I rolled my eyes before punching one of the agents in the face who jumped onto the vehicle.

"What makes you think it'll be a boy?" I asked him which he just shrugged.

"Get ready to jump." Natasha yelled. Up ahead there was a road block sort of thing. Natasha turned a harsh left. We all jumped out and over the thing.

I rolled forward before standing.

"You do realize I'm not pregnant right?" I told Clint. 

"Yes." He said. I just shook my head before running forward and behind a tree.

"Shit." I hear Tony yell through the ear piece.

"Language." Steve said. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve asked.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any Hydra base we've taken." Jarvis said.

"But is there a possibility of me having god children is the future?" He asked before shooting an agent in the chest. I let out a laugh.

"What makes you think you'll be the god father?" I asked jokingly.

"Loki's scepter must be here." Thor said. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys." Natasha commented.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint said.

I dropped down onto a artillery gun. I smashed my fist into it before yanking my and out. A hole was burned into it. I jumped over the small wall kicking a agent in the process.

"Wait a second. No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language?" Tony asked. "And since when did you wanted kids Red?" 

"I don't know." I replied.

"I know. Just slipped out." Steve said causing me to chuckle.

-

I'm so glad Tony upgraded my suit 'cause I swear it would've burned off by now.

I pulled the gun off m back before shooting. I saw a blue blur run past me. I quickly pointed my gun at the person or thing. I saw it again.

I went flying forward into a tree. I fell back first into the snow.

"What you didn't see that coming?" The blonde man says before running off. I pressed the button to the earpiece.

"We have an Enhanced in the field." I reported.

"Clint's hit" Natasha said urgently. I stand up as I was surrounded. Instead of gun they had blades almost like swords. They started swinging at me. I dodged the first few until I felt one go to my leg. I yelled out before dropping to the ground.

The ground shook below me before all the men went flying. 

I opened my eyes and saw the hulk.

"Thanks Bruce." I said. He grunted in response. I propped myself up on my elbows. I looked down at my leg and saw it a few feet away. The hulk looked at me.

"I'm hit." I stated through the ear piece.

"How bad?" Steve asked.

"I've lost a leg. It'll take awhile before fully healed. I'll be in the way. Red Warrior out."

I looked up at Hulk who was still standing there.

"Wanna give me a quick lift to the Quinjet?" I asked him. He walked over and picked me up before jumping up in the air. 

-

Clint was hook up to an IV and was laying down as was I. My leg was already starting to heal. I got half of a thigh now. I noticed Bruce and Natasha and smiled. 

I know Nat has a thing for him. It's quite obvious really, 'cause I've never seen her act that like that before.

"Thor, report on the Hulk."

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." Thor said with a smile. Bruce groaned dropping his face in is hands. "But not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout." Thor says trying and failing to make Bruce not feel so bad.

Out of the entire team Bruce has to be the most compassionate about human life.

"Hey, Banner, Dr. Cho is on her way in from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asks him.

"Uh, yeah, she knows her way around."

I shut my eyes and decided to get some rest.

______________________

Vote/Comment