Chapter 33

Crystals POV;

We pulled up at the hospital just as the rain started to die down. I slowly put my hood up and got out of the car walking towards the entrance with mum and Amy trailing slowly behind me. I didn't want to let my self think because I knew that being alone with my thoughts would be dangerous, I would start crying about every single thing wrong with my shit life and I wouldn't be able to stop.

I walked up to the receptionist and she pointed me in the direction of Jess' room. I slowly walked there not thinking about anything, scared to think. I took a deep breath as I walked into her room and sat down on the bench. She looked so ill and it pained me to see her like this. "Jess, can you hear me?" I said and she weakly grabbed my hand. I looked and her and sat down.

"I'm ready." Was all she said and I just looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" I asked still staring at her.

"I'm ready to die. It's not as bad as it looks yano? I'm not scared, as I told you before it's tearing my family apart and I don't want that. The world will be a better place without me and hopefully the arguments with stop. To be honest I just want everyone to stop hurting because of me. Look at you! You're crying over me and it's not fair on you. Cancer is a dick but I'm fine with it. My life is a burden on everyone. I'm going to die Chris and i never want you to cry over me again...Stay Strong babe. I love you and thank you for being with me when certain people wasn't."

"I just looked at her and burst out crying. I couldn't believe what she was saying. I heard my mum gasp from behind me and as i turned around i realised that she also was in floods of tears. So was my aunt and Jess' mum.

Her grip on my hand went loose and her hand fell onto the bed beside me. The constant beeping telling us that she was alive stopped and her eyes slowly closed. I looked at her and sunk to the floor in floods of tears. I felt arms cradle me but the next couple of hours was just a blur.

I promised her in her last few weeks that no matter what happens i would stay strong and i hadn't. I just dropped and let everything wrong with my life surround me. When i finally got home i ran straight to my room and got my notepad out and started to write.

 You're not alone, together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand

When it gets cold and it feels like the end

There's no place to go, you know I won't give in

No, I won't give in

Keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Just stay strong

'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

There's nothing you could say, nothing you could do

There's no other way when it comes to the truth

So keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

So far away, I wish you were here

Before it's too late this could all disappear

Before the door's closed and it comes to an end

With you by my side I will fight and defend