Chapter 28

(A/N; Sorry it skips a lot until Crystal is like four years old. Sorry if it is a little confusing to follow.)

Crystals POV;

I ran into my dads warm arms and tried to escape to annoying prison behind me...AKA school. I tried not to burst into tears as my dad picked me up and spun me around. My first couple of weeks of school had been hell and i had to carry on acting like nothing had happened.

Dad carried me bridal style over to the car and we jumped in. I sang along with him all the way home and we burst out laughing. "Daddy..." I said giving him puppy eyes and he rolled his eyes before laughing and looking at me. "Yes angel?" He said as he wrapped one arm around me and looked back to the road.

"Can a friend come round tomorrow please?" I asked full of hope. The next day was a saturday and i was looking forward to having a few days away from the hell hole. He nodded and handed me his phone so i quickly rang up her parents and invited Jess round.

Jess was the only friend i had in the school. She american and moved over here to get a better quality of living. Noone likes her like noone likes me and thats why we like eachother. We get eachother and she is so funny.

Jess' mum was happy to let Jess come round and i smiled as i put down the phone and looked at Dad. "Thank you." I sighed as i let myself drift off to the horrible day at school.

It started this morning when i walked through the gates after saying bye to mummy. "Oh look here's the fat baby!" Alyshah said as her and her group of friends looked at me and sniggered. I ignored them and carried on making my way over to Jess.

"Oh look Ginger Fatty and Cancer Retard are together!"

"Aw maybe they can be rejects together."

The insults got worse and worse until Jess burst out into tears and ran off. I obviously ran after her. Yeah she had cancer so what? She was one of the nicest people i had ever met and those girls were idiots. We sat in the bathroom and i let her cry on my shoulders.

"They are right." She said through her tears and i lifted up her face to look at her. "No they are not." She shook her head, whiped her tears and we made our way to our first lesson just as the bell rang.

The insults and comments didn't stop there though. The girls had everyone laughing at me when i was signing infront of the class and they made me feel like a piece of crap. "Shut up!" I screamed at one off Alyshah's followers as she started slagging me off to a group of boys.

"Or what you mug?" She replied looking as if she was about to hit me. "Why can't you just leave us alone?" I screamed as i slapped her round the face and stormed off. She was too stunned to do anything and luckily none of the teachers saw.

She had been saying things to me for ages now and it was getting really annoying. She made me feel like i wasn't worth anything and that noone liked me. Jess said it was because all the girls are jealous because i am the prettiest girl in the school but i know i am not. I know i am ugly and fat and worthless.

Ed's POV;

I looked at my beautiful daughter as she was staring into space. She really was beautiful, she had long curly ginger hair down to her bum and bright blue eyes. She was really thin and just pure beautiful. Honestly she was nearly as beautiful as her mother. A tear trickled down her pale cheek and soon after a lot of others followed.

She just stared out into the rain and didn't say or do anything. I looked at her and started to get slightly worried. "Criss, what's wrong?" I asked but she didn't hear me. The tears came down like a tsunami. Seing her hurt like that killed me. She seemed to come out of her own little world and back into our world. She looked at me with hurt spread across her face and i tried my best to blink back tears.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked as she tried not to brake down. "I was just thinking about what Mum told me about her sister, my aunty." She said and i nodded slowly. Francesca's sister died of cancer when she was twenty one and it was hard on the whole family. Criss came across a photo of Carlie (fran's sister) and asked who it was so Fran and I sat her down and told her the story.

It was hard for me hearing it as well. I always knew what happened but never actually heard how and what happened so i was shocked. Crystal is very mature for her age and took it quite well. She was really thoughtful about it and i think it upset her that she lost her one and only Auntie even if she had never met her.

I hugged Crystal and took her into the hospital. The doctor welcomed us with his usual smile. "Crystal, Ed, how are you guys?" He asked and i let Crystal talk as i looked around the childrens bit of the hospital. Everywhere was bald children running around and looking happy but there was also some that where hugging their parents crying their eyes out and screaming.

I looked around and realised that something had to be done about cancer. It made me realise how much i wanted to make a difference in the world and how i wanted Crystal to have the best life possible. The doctor took us into his room, injected Criss with her medication and then we went back home. The medication made Criss really tired so when she got in she went straight to bed.

I started to cook Fajitas and waiting for Fran to get home from the Vets. I fed Prince and then we snuggled up watching television. When Fran finally got in it was quite late and i didn't want to wake Crystal up for her dinner so i left it in the microwave. "How is she?" Fran asked sadness across her face.

Looking after a child is hard but looking after an ill child is the most impossible thing in the world. She had her good days and she had her bad days. I woke up every morning with sadness as i tried to work out what the day would be. Whether she would be happy, sad, tired, ill or anything honestly it was the worse guessing game in the world and it wasn't going to get better until she had the operation.

We were trying to leave it as long as possible until she had the operation because the doctor said it would work better the older she was. She's tired. She cried coming home from school. I'm not going to wake her up she needs her sleep." I said and Fran nodded.

We sat there and discussed our day over dinner and then Francesca sighed. "I have been offered this oppotunity." She said slowly her eyes penetrating mine. I looked at her and nodded influencing her to go on. "I have been offered to go to Sri Lanka to work with the children out there over easter. It is only for a few days but so many people are doing it and i have always dreamed of doing something like that. Making a difference in the world." I nodded as i listened to her go on and on about this amazing opportunity.

Her eyes sparkled with such glee as she spoke about it. She had been spending her whole live wanting to make a difference no matter how small or big. "Are you going to do it?" I asked her finally and she nodded. "I would love to but only if it is okay with you." She said and i looked at her happy face and nodded. "Go for it beautiful." Was all i had to say before she jumped onto her phone and called the charity signing up for it.

I was glad she could finally do what she dreamed. I got my dream which was bigger then hers so why shouldn't she get hers. I weren't going to take that opportunity away from her. No way,

I kissed her and we both climbed into bed after checking in on Crystal. Crystal was sleeping soundlessy. He long ginger hair was blanketting her face and she just looked like and angel. I laughed to myself and then carried Francesca into the bedroom. "I love you Francesca Mai Barrett!"

"I love you Ed Sheeran!"