Chapter 6

Ed's POV;

"Ed, where are you staying?" Francesca's step-mum Nikki asked. It quickly became apparent to me that her whole family were massive fans, they were lovely and treated me as part of the family, apart from Fran's dad of course. I had to admit, I was a bit scared of her Dad. "In a hotel in Southend." I replied, it was about three in the morning and the party was still going like crazy and I had drunk way too much to drive back to the hotel. "You cant get back there tonight, stay with Francesca tonight yeah?" She insisted making me smile. "I would love to, if that's okay with you two?" I directed towards her father mainly. He nodded slightly and smiled at me, I knew I would make this man warm up to me at some point during the night. 

As i was walking from their house into their bar in their back garden I noticed Jai sitting on his own by the fish pond. "Jai." I nodded watching as he blocked me from walking any further. "Listen Ed, keep away from Francesca okay?" He ordered, I had no clue what went on between these two but it didn't seem to end on good terms, she looked at him with disgust now which honestly, made me absolutely elated. "No, look, i really like her. I don't know what happened between you two and to be quite honest I don't want to know." I sighed, I watched his arm raised as he shoved his fist into my jaw. Ouch!

"Jai! Fuck Jai, he is bleeding." I heard Francesca scream. She quickly came and protectively wrapped her arms around me. "Fuck off Jai and leave us alone okay? I never want to see you again." She screamed at him as she led me upstairs and into her bedroom where she got my some tissues and sat me on her bed. "You okay?" She asked worridley. "I'm fine babe." I said as I nuzzled my face into her neck, she smelt amazing. "Good, he's such a cock."

"What happened between you two?" I surprised myself in asking but for some reason had changed my mind in ten minutes and now wanted to know. "We went out but because he is a close family friend we didn't tell anyone. We both expected different things from the relationship and broke up on very bad terms. We haven't seen each-other until now and me being with you has obviously caused some kind of issue. He has been hitting on my cousin though, so talk about mixed signals." She laughed trying to make a joke out of the situation, I knew what she meant though, about the 'expected different things', it was obvious. "He was your first love?"

"Yeah, ever since that I had been too scared to let anyone in and then well you came along and changed everything." She said getting up and kissing me deeply. As she switched on her music Blink 182 came blaring through her speakers. "I...Same, bad relationships ruin your trust but i found that with you i could be myself and trust you and well...yeah." I said as I listened to the lyrics to the song. They really meant something and thats what I liked in a song.

I laid down on her bed pulling her on top of me and kissed her deeply whilst the song was playing. Someone walked into the room noisely and pulled Fran off me. I got up to see it was her cousin Shannon, the one that was dating that ass. "Ed, do you mind if i talk to Francesca alone a minute please?" She asked so I nodded and stepped out of the room. Not wanting to hover around and listen to their conversation I decided to go and join back in the party downstairs. 

Francesca's POV;

"Fran, why didn't you tell me?" She asked her eyes wide with fear as she stared at me intently. I looked at her confused causing her to answer my unasked question. "You and Jai used to have a thing. He just said it downstairs...He also said a lot of other things about you Fran. He said he left you broken hearted and now wanted you back and how he was your first love. I feel so bad, all that time I was rubbing our little thing in your face and you loved him. Well me and Jai are over." She stated causing me to cuddle her tightly. "Hey, if you want to be with him please do. I am over him, it was stupid stuff that happened so long ago now. I love you, and I want you to be happy." 

"No, I can't believe he kept that from me, and the way he treated you. I do not want to be with someone like that." I smiled as I looked at the strong girl sitting on my bed next to me. She would always come out on top; she was kind, beautiful inside and out, and so lovely. I just wanted nothing but the best for her.