Chapter 32

Crystal's POV;

I stole my mums laptop and sat on the bed with it. Mum and Amy were knocked out on the sofa so I had to be really quiet. I logged onto twitter and face book to see non stop hate. Everyone was telling me to go die and that I should kill myself and that I am not worth living.

I quickly turned it off and left it on my bed. I put on my black skater skirt and a white vest and then left for school. I ran over to Jess. "You alright?" I asked as I looked her in the eyes. She looked so ill. Her blue eyes were more grey then blue and she was so pale. She looked like she was about to die. She shook her head and we went to sit down at our normal tree. "What's wrong?"

"I'm fine with my disease killing me Chris. I really am, but you know what I am not okay with? I am not okay with the fact that it is killing my family. My mum and dad had an argument this morning and I caused it. My brother hasn't spoken to anyone since I was diagnosed and my sister has gone mental and ran away. It would be better for everyone if I wasn't here." She said as she stared up at the sky.

I thought about her words and realised how I felt pretty much the same apart from the illness part because I don't have cancer. I honestly believed that it would be better for everyone else if I wasn't here and I was causing shit for everyone.

We got up and slowly walked towards our classroom. We both sat in the back corner and I smiled to myself as Miss walked in starting our English lesson. I completely forgot about Jess sitting next to me and let myself get lost in writing my story.

"Jess, why don't you read yours aloud for us?" Miss asked as she stopped the class from writing. I looked beside me to see Jess' head on the table and she wasn't moving. I shook her vigorously and saw the blood all over her book. "MISS! HELP! CALL AN AMBULANCE."

Miss came running over and handed me her phone so I quickly dialled the number for the ambulance and sent them to the school. They took her away on a stretcher and didn't tell us what was going on. We were all so confused and I couldn't stop crying. Miss took me out of her class and we both walked towards the Head's office.

"How may I help you Miss Marrin?" He asked as we walked into the office. He looked me up and down and his face hardened. "As you know Jess has just been taken to the hospital. I am asking your permission to take Crystal out of school and come to the hospital with me." She said completely taking me by shock. I smiled and looked up at her to see everyone's eyes on me. "Okay. I will get a cover teacher for your lesson. Please send Jess my love." He said and we got into her car.

We got to the hospital very quickly and I ran straight to the children's part. A nurse walked over to us and sat down beside us. "How may I help you?" She asked and I looked at her. She looked really kind, "My friend has Cancer. She passed out in class. Jess. Do you know where she is?" I asked hoping for a nod.

She got up, took my hand and led us to Jess' room. I walked in and Jess barely lifted her head. She was so skinny and looked half dead already. I sat down on the bed next to her and looked at her blinking back tears. "Chris." She said faintly. She was so weak and you could tell by her voice that she was in so much pain. "Jess." I said as she lifted her hand slowly for me to hold.

I held it gently and felt how much she was shaking. Her fingers were so bony and she was just all bone. I looked at her and wanted to switch places with her. I deserved to die she didn't. "You will be--" She said before slowly closing her eyes and falling to sleep. I got up and walked off trying to think about what she was going to say.

Miss Marrin dropped me home. I walked through the doors and ran into Aunty Amy's arms. "What's wrong?" She asked as I broke down into tears on the floor. "Crystal Sheeran! What is wrong?" She demanded me to tell her so I did. I told her about Jess and she sighed.