III: my last shred of pride

"WELL, I guess this is it

        "WELL, I guess this is it." Mom smiled at me as she sat on the couch. After a week of moving things into our two bedroom apartment, we were done. We had the couches, the fancy kitchen supplies, only a fourth of my closet, and whatever decorations we wanted. So bascically, only a quarter of our mansion fit into this small two bedroom apartment. The manager had graciously understood our circumstances and instead of $850 a month, he allowed us to sneak by at $500. Well, until we could stand on our own two feet and sell the house.

        I stared at mom from my spot in the kitchen, I gave her a blank look and bit a piece of toast. I walked out of the door, avoiding her eyes. I was being immature, but who wouldn't be? I had to shower in some nasty little tub this morning, my gourmet chefs weren't here to make me a good breakfast, and my driver couldn't drop me off at school. I did have a drivers license though, it was in case of an emergency, my dad had told me, had he then known that this, whatever this is, would happen?

I ran down the metal staircase, attempting to bite the crunchy toast, but the waterfall in my eyes blurred my vision. I couldn't see the toast, much less place it in my mouth. I needed some air. School would start again tomorrow and I had no intention of letting the whole school know that I'm poor now. What would that do to my reputation? While feeling sorry for myself, the weak wooden boards of the apartment steps creaked and I turned around to look at what might have been the cause of that sound.

"Need some help eating that toast?" I heard a voice laugh slightly as he sat beside me. "Woah there, are you okay?" The guy asked.

I nodded silently, attempting to look away from his prying eyes. I didn't want any attention right now.

"Holy shit, you're Taylor Blakely." He said. The fact that he knew who I was truly intrigued me. I nodded silently, wiping my eyes with the sleeves of my jacket and turning toward him.

"I've heard a lot about you." My eyes landed on his sparkling brown ones. Heard a lot about me??? What's that supposed to mean?

"All good I hope." I smiled at him, I'd never seen him before, but he seemed nice enough.

"Eh," he smirked, shrugging. I laughed, hitting his arm with my toast, a small smile on my face as he wiped the crumbs off, "I'm Mathew, but you can call me Matt." He said, brushing the toast off his blue shirt.

"Nice to meet you Matt." I said jokingly,

        "You don't remember me?" He asked, his eyes widening as he placed his hand over his heart.

        "Should I?"

        "Yeah, I'm famous, have you heard my mix-tape?" He said as we began laughing.

        "Oh..." I rolled my eyes, smiling at him.

        "Well it was nice to finally meet our school's homecoming queen." He smiled, "what are you doing here anyway?"

ChaosOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara