XV: all the lies

"GOOD MORNING Taylor Lance Blakely!" Matt stepped outside of his apartment wearing a striped ombre blue shirt and fitted jeans

        "GOOD MORNING Taylor Lance Blakely!" Matt stepped outside of his apartment wearing a striped ombre blue shirt and fitted jeans. His hair was soaked and all over the place. As he approached, the fresh smell of a delicious shampoo enraptured me. I hadn't realized how tall Matt truly was until I realized he was towering over me with his six foot something glory. He looked freshly showered and squeaky clean. The sudden urge to hug him empowered me, but I held it back.

"Matt." I muttered. He didn't know that I knew about him. The secrets Tank had told me revealed so much, yet a small part of me kept assuring myself that they were all lies.

"Well good morning to you too Debbie downer." He smiled an effortlessly handsome smile that would have made Vanessa or even the ex-boyfriend stealer, Riley, faint at sight. He looked head over heels stunning. How had I not seen it before. Perhaps he was hotter now and less childish based on the telling of Tank whatever-his-last-name-is.

"Let's go." I said, ignoring his attempt at conversation. I drove silently to the school and he sat beside me without a single word. Probably the most peaceful ride I would ever encounter with Matt.

I parked in my usual spot at school and reached to unlock the door before Matt's fingers snaked around my wrist. I furrowed my brows with a confused look.

"I assume you know?" He raised a handsome eyebrow. Ever since Tank told me what was happening, Matt strangely seemed a million times hotter. It was frustrating.

"Know what?" I feigned. He looked at me once more before releasing my wrist and stepping out of the car.

"My driving test is today." He grinned. Another lie. I wonder how many lies he'd fed me these last few months. He probably already had a drivers license. Or maybe I am paranoid and shouldn't have listened to Tank at all. Matt hasn't lied to me since I've met him, I doubt he would start now.

I stepped out of my car and locked it.

Mom 7:42 a.m.
We sold the house and the gallardo. A few more things left to sell. I think you can afford UCLA now. :)

I smiled at the text my mom had sent. She was so innocent. I couldn't figure that she ever played a role in dad's business.

"Taylor. Taylor. Are you there?"

"I think she spaced out. She should be fine."

"Earth to Taylor." I blinked before realizing that my feet had dragged me into the school and in front of the menacing eyes of David Brason.

Oh crap. When did I get here? Where did Matt go? Did I even say good bye? I had zoned to the point of drunk ness, where I couldn't even recall what happened in those past few minutes.

He looked handsome as hell today too. Even better than Matt ever could... Maybe I was just having some messed up hormones today because literally all my guy-friends (except Scott) seemed extra attractive today.