Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

I woke up and stretched, yawning. What was all the noise coming from downstairs? I looked over at my clock. It was Christmas day! I got out of bed tiredly, and put on my dressing gown. It was time to go downstairs.

“Oh, so you finally woke up, sleepy head?” Mum shouted from the kitchen. I stood in the doorway, rubbing my eyes.

            “Yeah,” I sighed.

            “Well go and get ready then, Kara and her family will be here in an hour so you can all open your presents together.”

            “Merry Christmas Mum,” I replied before climbing slowly back up the stairs to find something to wear.

In my family, we always dressed up for Christmas after we’d opened our presents (because most of the time we wanted to wear one of our new presents), so I settled for wearing a pair of old jeans,  a simple tea shirt and my fluffy socks. Before lunch, Kara, Olivia and I would all get ready together.

After tying my hair up messily, I searched in my wardrobe for Kara’s and Olivia’s presents. I never usually bought a present for Olivia, but as this year we were spending Christmas together, it seemed appropriate. At the bottom of the bag that was storing them, I spotted a thick envelope and smiled. It was Jackson’s present. I left it on my dresser so I could give it to him later.

It was surprising how slowly the hour passed. Even with helping Mum in the kitchen and singing carol’s extremely loudly with Dad, the time seemed to creep by. Finally, the doorbell rang. They were here!

Rushing, I almost tripped on my way to answer the door. I fumbled with the key for a few seconds before I remembered which way to turn it and then finally opened the door.

            “Blimey Lacey – took you long enough,” Kara laughed. It was good to hear her laugh again. As usual, Kara strolled into the house as if it was her own. Her family were a little more hesitant.

            “Come in,” I said, to which they smiled. Olivia stood behind Kara. Her face was too pale, and she seemed to look fragile even if the smile was wearing said otherwise.

            “Hi Lacey,” she said. Her voice was a little raspy, but that didn’t hide her excitement.

            “Merry Christmas Liv.”

Once we were all inside the living room (Kara, Olivia and I were sat on the floor), and Kara’s parents had steaming mugs full of coffee, we got to open our presents. I opened Kara’s first.

            “Thanks Kara!” I called as I saw it was the new Harry Potter DVD. She knew I loved those films.

            “Right back at you,” she replied, smiling at the book I’d bought. I knew she’d wanted it when we’d hit the shops a week ago.

            “You didn’t have to get me a present Lacey,” Olivia grinned. “But thank you anyways – I love this band.” I’d bought her a poster of a band Kara told me she liked. It wasn’t much but at least she liked it.

Next, we all opened the presents from our parents. I had a new handbag, some gorgeous heels I’d been pestering them for since I’d seen them in the shop, make-up and loads of clothes that I’d picked myself when we were out. I didn’t trust Mum to buy clothes for me anymore.

Apparently, Kara had done exactly the same thing. We both laughed as our parents complained that they couldn’t surprise us any more in case we didn’t like it. Olivia did have a few surprises though and it was wonderful seeing her excitement and joy at new CDs, clothes and books.

Kara and I both spoke to Ronan via speakerphone. He told us he loved his presents and we thanked him for ours (two bracelets that were identical). Another surprise was that he’d proposed to Sarah. Kara and I laughed at first until we realised he wasn’t joking. We both apologised and sent out congratulations, to which Ronan reassured us that they wouldn’t be getting married for a long time yet.

“Come on girls, let’s go get ready,” I beckoned them, and we ran upstairs to my room, carrying the presents we wanted to wear or use. I let Olivia put on a CD on that she’d got.

Now the difficult task ahead was choosing which outfit I wanted to wear. But then I thought – hey, why don’t we give Olivia a make over first?

             “Kara?” I called. “Come here a sec.” She made her way over, a questioning look on her face.

              “Yeah?”

             “Shall we give Liv a makeover?”

             “That’s an awesome idea!” And so it was, we were to give Olivia a make over.

Heeeey peeps! :D Sooo, I updated again because I really want to finish this story. Don't worry - I think there's still quite a lot of it to write. I was going to make this a long chapter, but my tab button kept messing up all the time! So I ended it here, and will write the rest of Christmas in the next one or two chapters. Thank you for all the votes and comments! I'm trying to dedicate chapters to fans now. Urrrm. I'm watching athletics at the moment - high jump. I really like this hehe, shame GB are underperforming. Oooog hundred metre hurdles now. Sorry, I'm babbling. Is anybody else watching it?

Anywaay much love for all of you guys! I bet nobody reads these haha. Oh well I'll get the next part written as soon as I can xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx