Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Snow fell quietly to the ground and into our hair as Lewis and I sat on the same swings where we had made our agreement – which had been working well. He held my hand as we talked about what we were doing tomorrow, as today was Christmas Eve. The past few weeks had passed so quickly. We’d been to the cinema, bowling, paintballing – even ice skating. Even Kara had come along a few times. Olivia wasn’t much better; but not much worse. Plans to go to America were being organised, which made Kara feel a little better. I’d seen Olivia yesterday and she was trying to be cheerful. Tomorrow, our families were spending Christmas together. Kara and I wanted to make it special for Liv.

Lewis was spending his Christmas with his Mum, seeing as all of their drama had disappeared. There had been no more unexpected visits from his Dad.

            “I might come around yours for an hour tomorrow,” he said. “You know, so I can give you your present.” I smiled to myself at the thought of giving him his present. He’d love it, I just knew it. I’d bought it a week ago.

            “That’s fine, it’ll be fun.”

            “Are you sure I won’t be interrupting anything? With Kara and her family being there.”

            “No at all Jackson, it’ll be fun.” I reassured. “Mum won’t mind.”

After that was sorted, the subject moved to our January exams. I needed to start studying for them soon, as they were part of my GCSEs.

            “You’ll be fine, Lacey, you always are.”

            “I can’t just assume that, besides Mr Kerrington will want us to get super good marks on our English exam since we keep missing all of these detentions he keeps giving us.” No matter how hard we tried, we always bickered constantly at school. Something about the studious atmosphere turned Lewis into a complete nightmare. I loved that about us now, no matter how much I’d hated it before. We could just act normal at school as well as being so close outside of school.

            “Well, you gorgeous, will be absolutely fine. I, on the other hand, well, they won’t even be able to give me a grade for mine!” I laughed freely at his outburst. English was not his favourite subject. “Remind me; is this a Language or a Literature exam?”

            “It’s Literature, for the fifth time,” I sighed.

            “What’s the difference again?” I playfully slapped him on the head with my hand.

            “Literature analyses prose and poetry, Language is more about how it’s actually written.”

            “You make no sense, Jennings.”

            “Well, to tell you the truth, I don’t know how to describe it.”

            “Ha! I’ll tell Mr Kerrington that; you won’t be his favourite then.”

            “Me? He hates me. All’s I do is disrupt his lessons – well, that is because of you.”

            “Don’t worry, I won’t say anything.”

            “I don’t mind anyway, I hate English.”

            “Oh my word! What would he say to that?” I went to punch him in the arm, but he caught my fist, got up from his swing and started to tickle me.

            “Stop it! Jackson, quit doing that!” I squealed between giggles.

            “Someone’s ticklish?”

            “Yes, now stop!” He refused to give up on such a perfect opportunity to annoy me.

Then, my phone rang.

            “Let me answer my phone, you baboon!” It was a pathetic insult, but it worked. I answered the phone, to hear my Mum on the other end.

            “Are you on your way home, Lacey?” she asked worriedly. Damn, what was the time?

            “Yes, I’ll be there in five.” I hung up and looked at the clock. I was ten minutes late! “I have to go now,” I apologised, but couldn’t hide the smile that knew I’d escaped tickling.

            “We’ll finish this tomorrow,” he called as I walked away.

I was just turning to the corner when I felt someone tap me on the back. How I hadn’t heard his footsteps was beyond me.

            “Didn’t think I’d let you leave without a goodnight kiss, did you?” he teased. He kissed me gently.

When we parted, I said, “Look at us, getting all soppy.” He laughed. The problem was, I couldn’t help but think we were becoming just that. How far would he let us go?

Heeeeeey! Sooo, what do you think?

Your comments make me want to write more of this story :D I'll admit I almost gave up on it...but then so many of you were looking forward to the next chapter and I had to write some more! And the votes too...I've never had a story with so many hehe :)

Soooo, THANK YOU <3

and hope you like it xx

P.S: You'd be doing me a huge favour if you read this story

http://www.wattpad.com/2094718-lying-to-a-teen-music-sensation-in-my-coffee

It's written by my sister and me. It's a bit basic and cheesy but it's something we like to write together and I'd love it if you could check it out? It would make her very happy haha xx