Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

After refusing to let me pay for the bus once again, Lewis led me to the seats opposite each other, so we were facing. It was awkward at first, but then he got up and sat in the chair next to me instead. This confused me because it made no difference.

            “We can share my iPod this way,” he explained, noticing the confused look on my face. I smiled as he put the ear phone in my ear. Music made journeys go faster.

            “How long are we actually on the bus for this time?” I asked, remembering the longer than expected journey to the beach.

            “Long enough – not as long as the beach, don’t worry,” he joked, noticing my eye roll. I sighed in relief.

We had a catch up for about half an hour, seeing that I had been ignoring him since Em. I don’t know what made me forgive him, and it took all of my strength to remember that technically Em and he were still together. Then of course, the stupid bus pulled into a car park and ruined our chat.

            “Looks like we’re here,” he stated, wrapping the headphones around the ipod. Excitedly, I got up to see where we were, but looking out of the window gave me no clues, because the car park was encased in a forest.

            “Where are we?” I asked impatiently. He really did know how to keep things a surprise.

            “You’ll soon see Jennings, jeesh, you really are impatient.” We stepped off the bus after thanking the driver, and Lewis grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him so I had to jog a little to keep up with his fast pace. Reluctantly, I let go of his hand.

            “You’re still with Em, remember,” I reminded him, and he rolled his eyes.

            “Can we just forget about her, for today?” I shook my head, not wanting him to choose something he would regret. He looked disappointed, but he would thank me one day.

            “Come on then Jackson; take me to the place that’ll blow me away.” He smiled at that, and beckoned for me to follow him, along with the others from the bus. We walked for abut fifteen minutes, and then he insisted on using his scarf to cover my eyes, as something would give away the surprise.

I stumbled around, linking his arm to steady myself, and he finally took the blindfold off as we stepped into something. When I opened my eyes, we were on a train.

            “Jackson, where the hell are we?” I asked as I heard the train whistle.

            “You’ll see in five minutes.” I sighed impatiently.

            “Welcome to Thrill Park,” an automated voice said. “You will arrive at the entrance in a few minutes.” I let out a squeal of excitement as I finally discovered where we were.

            “We’re going to Thrill Park?” I asked in disbelief.

            “Well that’s what the train said Jennings, I thought you were smarted than that.”

            “But Jackson, the best theme park rides in the country are here!” I exclaimed. “How did you know I loved scary rides and roller coasters?”

            “I didn’t, I just assumed you would.”

            “This is amazing, I’ve never been before,” I complimented on his choice of place.

            “How can you have not been before?” He laughed at my exclamation.

           “Well Kara and Ronan don’t like rides,” I explained. I’d tried many times to get them to come with me to Thrill Park, but neither would come, as it would be a waste. Kara was scared of heights in a way and Ronan just didn’t like that sort of thing.

            “Well you’re here now,” Lewis said, and it finally sunk in. I could go on all of the rides! Well, if there was time – the queues could be huge. Then I remembered it was only our school having the day off school – he couldn’t have picked a better time!

The train finally pulled up outside of the gates. Quickly, we exited our carriage and excitedly I jumped up and down like a little kid. Lewis just laughed at me, and pointed towards the ticket office, which wasn’t too busy. I went to queue for tickets, but he said no, and pulled something out of his pocket.

            “VIP passes,” he said, smiling cockily. I coughed, almost choking on air.

            “How did you get those?” I spluttered. They were really rare.

            “I won a poetry competition.”

            “How come nobody knew?” It was so surprising he hadn’t been on stage to get a prize at school.

            “It was outside of school.”

            “Well done,” I congratulated, even though I never knew he wrote poetry. That was incredibly surprising.

I hadn’t realised, but we had made the short walk to the main entrance. We put the tickets in a machine, and the barriers lifted for us to go in. A man at a small office called us over and gave us special wrist bands so that we could miss all of the queues to the rides. He also handed us a map.

            “Where do you want to go first then Jennings?” I examined the map thoroughly, and would have loved to have gone on the ride called Twist first because it was the most famous at the park, but it wasn’t really my place to say.

            “You choose - I don’t know what’s best.”

            “Okay then, how about Twist?” I grinned at this choice and he took that as a yes. Putting the map in his bag, I then understood the reason for the spare clothes – water rides! We would leave those until later though, no use getting wet straight away.

At the ride called Twist, we noticed an already large queue. I almost went and stood in it, but Lewis pointed at the wrist band and I laughed at my stupidity. Following the signs that read VIP, Lewis took me right to the front of the queue.

            “How many people?” the attendant said. How stupid could they be? There were only two of us stood there.

            “Two,” Lewis replied before I could say something sarcastic. The rollercoaster pulled into the ride station and people got off, all with either happy or green faces. The ride was known for making people feel sick.

As we climbed into the seats, the harnesses came down tightly, and I gulped.

            “What are you making me do Jackson?” I screamed as the ride shot forward and started to climb up the chain lift.

            “You asked for it Jennings,” he replied calmly. We reached the top and I finally saw what all the hype was about. There was a drop, and then many twists, turns and loops all to come. I let out a terrific scream as the ride picked up speed, and carried on screaming as the wind battered my face and the ride through me about in my seat as we went upside down. To calm me down, I began singing a song, and I heard Lewis chuckle. Finally, we pulled back into the station, and as the harness released me, I stumbled out, falling on to my knees as my knees became jelly like and weak.

            “Jackson, you are so dead!” I yelled at him as I saw him standing there like a model, not affected by the wild turns at all.

            “You asked for it, come on, let’s go on Acrobat!” he encouraged. Carefully, I stood back on my feet. Things were going to get a lot wilder.

hey! sooo. what do you think? it's a teeny bit longer than usual lol. made use of my day off school haha :) And if you like that sort of thing, have a look at my poems? You don't have to haha, just want to know if they're any good 'cause I liked writing them. :) Merciiii