Chapter Nine

*Dedication to Saymyname for always commenting something that makes me smile :) :D Go check out her stuff too :)

Chapter Nine

“Wake up Jennings we’re here,” I heard someone shout whilst elbowing me in the side. Snapping open my eyes, I almost screamed.

            “Tell me this is a dream,” I whispered under my breath.

            “Sorry Jennings, but even though you were just snoring away, this is real.”

            “Pinch me!” I yelled. Feeling something pinch my skin hard, I let out a yelp.

            “Come on Jennings, like I said, we’re here!” he pulled me up from my seat and literally dragged me from the bus. Not knowing where we were at all, I staggered over to the pavement after him. Looking at the huge clock on the church, I saw it was around 11.30am. We had been on the bus for just over an hour.

            “Jackson, where the hell are we?” He just tapped his nose. This boy was so confusing. Realising that he was on the move, I picked up my pace and caught up with him.

That was when I saw it. The beautiful golden sand stretched out, starting from about one hundred metres in front of me. The sea looked so peaceful and calm making me itch to go and paddle in it. The smell of the seaside entered my nose and I was in heaven. Of all people, Lewis Jackson had taken me to my favourite place.

            “You can close your mouth now Jennings,” he chuckled. Coming back to my senses, I closed my mouth which had dropped open in surprise and realise exactly who I was with. But the strange thing was, I was speechless.

Neither of us saying anything, we absent-mindedly crossed the road to the beach area.

            “I’ll race you to the sea Jennings,” he called, already running off in the direction of the cool water. Like children, we raced across the sand, laughing at each other as we tripped over the larger pebbles. It was so relaxed – so unlike us.

            Chucking off my shoes and socks, I shouted “I win,” and then stepped into the water – and screamed. “It’s freezing!” Lewis stood there, feet still in shoes, letting out hearty laughs at my expense.

            “I didn’t say we had to go in,” he chuckled.

            “Lewis Jackson – you are so dead!” Running back out of the sea, I grabbed his hand and pulled him with all that I had until he had to literally kick off his shoes to stop them from getting wet.

            “Crikey Jennings – you were right for a change,” he shouted whilst hopping in and out of the icy water. “It’s freezing in here!” Laughing, I scooped some of the water from the sea and threw it at him. His face was the funniest thing I had seen in a long while.

            “Payback for making me go in,” I explained whilst he still stood their dumbstruck.

            Finally coming back to the real world, he got his own back. Lifting his foot out of the water, he kicked the surface so it splattered my clothes.

            “Revenge is sweet Jennings!” he called, and then ran back on to the sand, getting the dry sand all over his feet. Shocked from how wet he had made me, I stood there, my arms dripping water.

            “I’ll get you back Jackson,” I fumed, finally coming out of the water. The dry sand irritated my wet feet.

            “No chance,” he stated, sure of himself, and then we both ran together back down the beach.