Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

The alarm clock buzzed, and angrily, I slammed the off button. It was Monday morning, and I would have to face him at school. Reluctantly getting out of bed, I found my uniform and went in the bathroom to shower.

After getting ready, I tied my hair up quickly and shouted bye to Mum, not getting any breakfast, because I was so nervous, it was impossible to be hungry. Today I was getting the bus to school because Mum had got up late and Dad had to go to work early. This, I didn’t usually mind, but today – it was a disaster.

At the stop, I was just on time for the bus. Smiling at the driver, I showed him my pass and took a seat by the window. At least that way I could see when one of my friends got on the bus. Thankfully, Ronan got on at the next stop.

            “Lacey, you got the bus!” he said excitedly as he saw me. Grinning, I pointed to the seat next to me. He sat down, happily.

            “Good weekend Ronan?” I asked.

            “Yes! Sarah and I had fun,” he smiled knowingly. So Sarah and Ronan finally got together. That was sweet. “How about you then Lace?”

            “Didn’t do much,” I lied. I didn’t want to explain how I ended up ruining a perfect weekend.

            “Awh, well next weekend, we can all get together,” he promised.

Looking out of the window, I was sure I would have been sick if I had had something to eat this morning. At the bus stop, holding each other’s hands, were Lewis and Em. She leaned in towards him, and their lips met, making my insides twist and turn.

            “Hey, Lace, are you okay? You don’t look well,” Ronan said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

            “I feel sick,” I admitted. Em led him onto the bus, laughing at a joke he made. I swear tears were welling up in my eyes, but I tried not to let them out. It would only make things worse.

            “Do you need to go home?”

            “No, it’ll pass.”

He followed her along the middle section of the bus, and then reached me. Quickly, I looked out of the window, but it was too late. I already saw his smile drop and a guilty look take over the laughing.

            “What’s with you?” Ronan asked, as he noticed me reach my hand towards my eye to wipe away a teardrop that had escaped.

            “Just don’t feel well,” I lied again. Ronan was my friend, why was I lying?

            “I’ll get Kara to take you to the nurse at school then.”

            “Okay.” At least I might get sent home then. I didn’t think I would be able to bear watching those two. But it was my fault that this was happening. If only I hadn’t rejected him so bluntly. However, it wasn’t my fault that he had moved on so quickly. He did that all by himself.

The bus pulled up outside school, and a grabbed Ronan’s arm and pulled him off as quickly as I could, avoiding any eye contact with Lewis.

            “Woah Lacey what’s got into you?” he complained as he almost tripped. I could hear the faint giggling of Em behind me, so decided to walk even faster.

Kara was waiting outside of the school gate as usual, so I pulled her with my other hand. I could almost see them share a look of confusion behind me as I carried on dragging them. I needed to get away.

            “What’s going on Lacey?” Kara pleaded me to stop. Finally, when out of his view, I stopped, leaving them panting.

            “It’s nothing, I just needed to get inside.”

            “Don’t lie Lacey, something is going on. Is it because Lewis is with Em?” Kara blurted, as my best friend, she knew me best. However I would have to lie in return.

            “Hell it isn’t, I’m just in a bad mood, and I don’t feel well.”

            “Whatever you say, I don’t think they’ll last anyway.”

            “You really think?” Kara certainly knew what things to say to make me feel better.

            “Of course, Em scares off all of her boyfriends, she’ll be flirting with Jonny or someone next.” That made me feel a bit better.

            “Thank you Kara.”

            “Hey, I wouldn’t be your best friend if I didn’t know when something was wrong.”

We went to registration, and I was dreading sitting next to Em. She’d kill me with her boyfriend talk. As predicted, her little eyes lit up as I entered the room and she beckoned me with her arms excitedly to come closer.

            “Lacey, I asked Lewis out last night, and he said yes!” she gushed happily. If she’d have known me better, she would have noticed that I had sighed secretly and that my face had paled.

            “Good for you,” I muttered, barely a whisper. Thankfully she didn’t get upset at my lack of excitement for her.

           “So what did you do this weekend?” she asked, glowing. So Lewis hadn’t told her about our little day trip excursion. At least he hadn’t done it to make fun of me. I decided that it was best not to mention it.

            “Not much really.”

            “Awwh, never mind Lace, there’ll be a boy for you out there somewhere.” Yeah, and I think my boy might be with you at the moment, I thought. Had I really fallen for Lewis Jackson?

Don't kill me - I have a plan! :D

And sorry these chapters are short ><