War

There's only ONE more day in voting! Please please go vote!! http://www.wattpad.com/10929491-vote-here-summer-nwa-open-akatsuki

***Reki's POV (Timeskip to the war)

We were all right now stocking up the medical unit and helping get everything they needed to be prepared for the injured.

I glanced over at Neji who was help a bit at the time. "Are you scared at all?" I asked as I carried a box.

"About what?" he replied.

"About the war...and that it's real, that this isn't some kind of dream. We're going to be fighting and we don't know what Madara has in store for us. He could have some secret weapon he's been holding off on using and now's his chance to kill us and-" I was forced to stop when Neji put a finger to my lips.

"Yes. That very well could happen and the worse case scenario I lose you. But I'm not going to let that happen understand Reki?" he said seriously.

"....Yeah I understand. I'm not going to lose you either. I promise I'll protect you when you're with me." I dropped the box and hugged his waist tightly. "I refuse to lose you Neji."

He sighed softy and hugged me back for a few seconds before he lifted my chin and kissed me then pulled away after a few seconds. I smiled up at him and one part of his mouth tugged up in a small smile. "Please be careful Neji...Please."

"I will. You're going to see me again Reki, alright?"

I nodded. "I need to have more faith in you.. You're higher ranking than me anyway." I chuckled lightly and then let go of his waist before picking up the box I had dropped. "When do you have to leave?" I asked.

"I should probably be leaving right now. There's a clan meeting soon." he answered.

"Alright. Maybe later we could train if you want to? If we're going to be helping in the war we've gotta start honing in on our skills and what not."

He nodded. "Okay. Would you like to train at the Hyuga Compound or the training grounds?"

"Am I even allowed to train there with you? I thought only Hyuga were allowed?"

"You're allowed there. Do you know where the training grounds are there?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No..."

"Then meet me in front of the compound and I'll be waiting there for you in an hour."

"Ok, I should be done helping with the supplies by then." I smiled softly. "I'll be sure to meet you there."

"Alright, I'll see you in an hour." and with that Neji left to his Clan meeting.

I sighed as I watched him leave but I kept helping with the food supplies.

"You really like him don't you Reki?" I heard a voice say. I looked over and it was Ino.

I blushed, but smiled after. "Yeah. I do."

"I wouldn't think you'd go for someone so serious Reki! I thought you'd be with Naruto for sure!" Kiba yelled out, as he carried another food box and set it down in the pile above us.

"It took a lot out of me to tell him I wanted to be with Neji, but... oddly enough, I think he was okay with it. Maybe he saw how happy I was when I was around Neji." I replied.

"But you were happy with Naruto too, weren't you?" Ino asked.

"Of course I was. It's just a different kind of happy when I was with Naruto. With him I was always myself and I could count on him for anything. But with Neji it's all of those things and more. Like you know the feeling when you're around someone you love, and you get all nervous and your heart starts to flutter and.. and you just can't help but fall for them every time you look at them and see their face." I couldn't stop smiling throughout the entire time I was speaking.

"Did you just say love?" Ino raised an eyebrow and looked at me.

My entire smile dropped for a second, then I regained it, and smiled even more. "Yeah, I did."

Ino chuckled. "So you're in love with Neji huh?"

"Yeah, I am." I bit my lip, looking down and smiling, trying to hide my blush.

"Well I hope he feels the same way about you." Ino grinned as she checked everything off the clipboard she held.

"Me too~" I replied. "So is there any other boxes that need to be brought up?"

"Yeah, there's a pile over there that need to be put in that corner." Ino pointed to the new shipment of boxes that had come in.

I sighed. "There's so many of them!"

"Well we have no idea how long this war is going to last so we need to be stocked up in case it goes on for a long time." Ino told me.

I groaned loudly, but when over to the boxes and picked one of the smaller ones that I'd be able to carry myself. As I kept taking up the boxes of food I realized what I had said. I had confessed that I loved Neji. I mean of course I did, but I was beginning to realize it was true though it had never really been a thought on my mind. The more time I spent with this boy, the more my feelings grew, and the more I loved him.

I was so into thinking and work that I didn't even heat Kiba's voice and when I did it startled me and I fell off the platform, though I landed on my feet. "Reki we've got a message from Lady Tsunade and she'd like to speak with you."

"Well you didn't have to scare me half to death in the process..." I blushed slightly.

"Well you weren't listening to me!" Kiba retorted.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, fine, fine." I put the last box I was holding down where it was suppose to go then headed to the Hokage's office.

"Thanks for your help Reki!" I heard Ino yell.

"No problem!" I yelled back.

One my way there I wondered why the Hokage would be calling me up. Maybe there was a mission? Of course I'd love a mission since I hadn't been on one in a while with all the preparations being done for the war. Before I knew it I was at her office and knocked.

"You may enter." Her voice answered.

I opened the door and bowed respectfully when I saw her. Standing in front of me were Captain Yamato, Naruto, Sakura, and Sai.

"I have a mission for you. There has been an incident in a small town that borders the Land of Fire. All of the inhabitants of this village have been slaughtered. This has been a place for sacred use and is called, 'The Hole.' There are rumors of this holding treasure and there are lines of defense to protect it from intruders. I wish that I could have more people sent with you but we need them as well."

Yamato spoke up. "I'm guessing you're speaking about the grave robbing incident outside the village?"

Tsunade nodded. "Yes. As well as in the Nara woods where one of the Akatsuki members were sealed away..."

Yamato piped in once again, "Where the scythe was stolen?"

She nodded again. "Now, I need you to apprehend the ones who attacked the village and punish them at once!"

"Hai, Hokage-sama!" we all said at once before bowing and leaving her office, and began heading to our mission.

****

There's another  chapter! Only about three more until it's done! I'm so excited for the ending!! :D Okay sooooo tell me how you liked it and comment, vote, maybe even fan~ I just would like some feedback because I don't really get much anymore now for some reason..

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!! THE NARUTOWATTYAWARDS VOTING ENDS TOMORROW!!!!! CAN I PLEASE GET SOME VOTES GUYS?? I HAD A FEW PEOPLE SAYING THAT THEY WOULD VOTE WHEN I ASKED EARLIER IN THE STORY BUT THE AWARDS WERE HELD BACK! I now have three votes... BUT PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEASE VOTE FOR ME! IT WOULD MEAN A LOT AND I'D BE REALLY HAPPY! And I'll give dedications and if I don't have enough chapters for them maybe I'll read one of your stories and give some critique on it if you want ^_^  http://www.wattpad.com/10929491-vote-here-summer-nwa-open-akatsuki there's the link, all you gotta do is comment Young Jashinist in their comment section in the link ^_^

Love ya! Xx

FAN

COMMENT

VOTE