xv. the special one and the dangers

Start from the beginning

"No one asked you for your opinion." Gemmalynn muttered in annoyance.

Marge glared at her. "And, who are you?"

Vernon and Petunia stiffened when they saw Gemmalynn glared back at Marge, knowing well her wand was inside her pocket.

"I'm Gemmalynn."

Marge raised an eyebrow and glanced at Vernon. "I didn't know you let other people stay in this house." she said, curiously.

Vernon glanced at Gemmalynn, terrified. "She came to visit him. She's a close family friend." he explained, trying not to stutter.

Marge glanced at Gemmalynn up and down, observing her closely before looking at Harry. "So, got yourself a girlfriend?" she mocked.

Harry's eyes widen and blushed madly, while Gemmalynn quirked an eyebrow in amusement.

"I might say, she's got the looks, but you two aren't good for each other." Marge said, smugly and looked away.

Harry frowned deeply, while Gemmalynn crossed her arms and rolled her eyes in annoyance. Just then, Dudley, who was sitting comatose in front of the television, emitted a hollow, brain-dead chuckle, making Marge turn to him.

"Is that my Dudders! Hm? Is that my neffy poo? Come, and say hello to your Auntie Marge." Marge said and flashed a thick fan of pound notes.

Dudley blinked and obediently waddled towards her, with his plump palm open. Gemmalynn and Harry exchange frowns before noticing Ripper snuffling about Harry's ankle.

Gemmalynn sighed softly and shook her head in disbelief. "This is going to be a long day."

⚡⚡⚡

It was already dusk when Gemmalynn helped Harry clear the dishes, while Vernon brought out a bottle of brandy.

"Can I tempt you, Marge?"

"Just a small one."

Gemmalynn glanced at the two as Vernon poured a small amount of brandy to Marge's glass.

"A bit more. A bit more. That's the boy!"

Marge took a sloppy sip as Gemmalynn grimaced in disgust.

"Aah. Excellent nosh, Petunia. It's normally just a fry-up for me, what with twelve dogs."

Marge smacked her lips and lowered her brandy, letting Ripper take a slobbery lap out of the glass then caught Gemmalynn and Harry looking.

"What are you two smirking at?!" Marge asked, loudly and turned to look at Vernon. "Where is it that you send him, Vernon?"

"St. Brutus. It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases." Vernon answered quickly.

Hearing this, Harry frowned at Vernon, who glared darkly at him, but it faded quickly when Gemmalynn glared darkly back at him.

"I see. And, do they use the cane at St. Brutus, boy?"

Gemmalynn turned around to roll her eyes in annoyance as Harry patted her hand to comfort her under the sink.