xv. the special one and the dangers

Start from the beginning

In the bed, both Gemmalynn and Harry chuckled quietly underneath the covers.

"Come on, let's go to sleep. Another horrible Dursley is coming tomorrow."

Harry sighed heavily. "You're right, but I'm just glad you're here with me." he said, happily.

Gemmalynn nodded. "Of course. I'm here to stay by your side, Harry. Remember that." she said as she leaned towards Harry and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Now, sleep."

As Gemmalynn rolled over and closed her eyes to sleep, she didn't saw the way Harry's eyes widen in shock. He felt his heart raced, and could still feel her soft, warm lips on his blushing cheeks. He wondered if he could sleep tonight after what happened.

⚡⚡⚡

The next morning, the doorbell chimed and Petunia's shrill voice echoed throughout the house.

"Harry! Harry!"

Harry along with Gemmalynn quickly climbed down the stairs and into the front hall, where Harry's aunt, Petunia and his cousin, Dudley stood stiffly. Petunia flicked a bit of fluff from Dudley's sweater before glowering crossly at Harry and jerked her head toward the door, but not before looking at Gemmalynn in fear, who was narrowing her eyes at her.

"Well, go on. Open it." Petunia told Harry.

Harry reached for the knob when suddenly it burst open, revealing a large, waddling woman, Marge Dursley and a large waddling bulldog, Ripper. Vernon lurched forward out of the teeming rain, an enormous suitcase in hand, and dropped it on Harry. Gemmalyn rolled her eyes in annoyance as she helped Harry with the enormous suitcase.

"Marge! Welcome! How was the train?"

"Wretched. Ripper got sick."

"Ah. How, unfortunate."

"I would've left him with the others, but he pines so when I'm away. Don't you, darling?"

Marge puckered her lips at Ripper and led him down the hallway. Gemmalynn didn't say anything and remained silent, but raised an eyebrow in amusement as she and Harry followed Vernon.

Harry took a parchment in his hand. "Uncle Vernon, I need you to sign this form." he said and handed it to his uncle.

Vernon raised an eyebrow at the parchment. "What is it?" he asked in confusion.

"Nothing. Something for school." Harry told him.

Vernon eyed the parchment in Harry's hand suspiciously. Gemmalynn narrowed her eyes at him before clicking her tongue, making him flinch in fear.

Uncertain, Vernon coughed a bit. "Later perhaps. If you behave."

"I will, if she does." Harry said as he and Gemmalynn looked at Marge, who was eyeing them both.

"So. Still here, are you?" Marge asked Harry.

Harry nodded. "Yes"

"Don't say yes in that ungrateful tone. Damn good of my brother to keep you, if you ask me. It'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep." Marge complained as the Dursleys glanced, frightened at the fiery redhead witch.