Damon Imagine

So this was requested by @iamniall_jk . Sorry this is probably not going to be great because I have never had a promise ring or heard of one really. I know, I'm going to die alone with 37 dogs because yeah, I like dogs.

Promising things was always somewhat tough with Damon, he always had that voice in the back of his head telling him someone he cared about was going to get hurt or that someone was lying to him. So Damon put on his bad boy face and attitude and pushed everyone aside like none of them mattered to him. He obviously did care about them all but not enough to show it. He didn't want to bring pain to anyone he cared about but he didn't realize no one would be hurt because of him.

Damon continued to think that he would get hurt also others if he showed compassion and love. That was until he met you. Damon would tell himself that he was selfish for caring so much about you but he couldn't help it. You were perfect for him. You were beautiful, funny and caring, the girl that Damon always wanted. You two were meant to be together like a prince and a princess, so Damon fought with himself to ask you out. It could be considered a minimal thing but to him and you it meant a lot. Damon was protective of you though because he thought you would be hurt, but that never happened. You loved him and he loved you.

That was almost 1 year ago and here you are still with Damon, being the happiest person you could ever be. You both loved each other and would do anything to make sure the other was okay. You at the moment were at the Salvatore boarding house, laying on the couch with your legs on Damon's lap. He seemed happier today for some reason but you thought nothing of it because it was most likely because no one was trying to kill anyone yet. It was just a peaceful day. You were on your phone doing normal things, not stalking celebrities for sure, and Damon was well being Damon. He had a glass of scotch in his hand and was looking over some things that Bonnie was showing him earlier. It was pretty quiet in the house though. Stefan was out with Elena so it left just you and Damon.

It was like one of those moments in horror movies though when you hear a crash come from up stairs, causing you to jump and drop your phone on your face. (A/N: Does this only happen to me or?) You looked over to Damon and saw that he was looking at the stairs, as if he was waiting for someone to walk down or more things to break. As if on cue another thing broke, the chandler and came crashing down, sending pieces of glass flying through the air and coming very close to hitting you. Yet again you look at Damon and he was mouthing for you to be quiet, then within a blink of an eye he was gone. You looked around the room, hoping that he didn't actually leave you but just moved to a different spot instead.

You heard something behind you and you slowly turned around, hoping that you would see Damon there with that smirk that you loved, but you were disappointed. A man stood there, tall and strong looking at you as if you were his snack. You were about to yell for Damon but the man quickly ran in front of you and covered your mouth with one hand and put the other hand around you neck. You squeezed your eyes shut with an idea of what was about to happen next, but it never came. No pain, death or anything. You slowly opened your eyes to see Damon right in front of you with the smirk that could make you smile and feel relived in a few simple seconds.

You looked on the ground to find the vampire that almost killed you, but as if it was a movie, you were saved by your knight in shining armor. The man that you loved, trusted and couldn't get out of your mind. "Thank you," was quite literally all you could say. Damon came over to you and you automatically hugged him. "sorry that your good mood was ruined," you said into his chest as you continued to hug.

"It actually wasn't ruined. You know I love you, and I always will." Damon said bringing out a beautiful ring that said 'love you forever on the inside'. "I promise to love you and protect you for as long as I live." Damon said which made you smile and nod your head rapidly. Then that smirk came onto Damon's face. Damn that smirk.

A/N: So sorry @iamniall_jk that it sucked. I don't know really how promise rings work. Anyway continue to request things and I promise that it won't suck as much as this one did. Love you all and thank you all so much for liking this book even the slightest bit.