♥31♥ First Hit

Start from the beginning

"I don't see you that way, I can't sugarcoat something that isn't going to happen, I am sorry." It's not something new that Shiraishi would get a confession from a girl; being popular has its downside too, having to put down the feelings of another without hurting the other. It would be great if there's such thing as turning down a confession without hurting another, but life wasn't that fair.

"Kuranosuke-kun, is it really because of the Nationals or is it because of that red haired 2nd year?" 

"Chinami? What does this have to do with her?" 

"You don't know? Everyone is saying that she's using her problems to get attention from the tennis club. Why else do you think she's living with Oshitari-kun right now?"

"Who has been saying that? That is not true at all!" Shiraishi can't believe people would think that about Chinami! They don't have a clue what's going on in Chinami's life right now, how can they make up something that is not true behind her back? "You don't know anything about Chinami, don't pretend you know when you know nothing about her!"

"You ever thought she is fishing the attention she is getting?! She is away from her abusive Father now, yet she keeps getting so much attention from you guys. She is fine now, yet all of you treat her like she's some special girl!" 

"Chinami needs me! That is all there is to it!" 

"She doesn't need you! Have you seen the way she always come to our classroom looking for Oshitari-kun during breaks?!" Shiraishi wanted to deny that but he found it hard to dispute; Chinami has been looking for Kenya a lot more often. There were times when Kenya was out of the classroom and she came and ask him for Kenya. Shiraishi honestly didn't mind that; Chinami and Kenya were close friends so obviously she would ask for him when she saw him missed.  "Kuranosuke-kun, she is only hanging out with you because it's convenient for her to find Oshitari-kun!"

"That is not true! I know Chinami better than you do!" 

"Kuranosuke-kun!" 

"And don't you call me by my given name either! We might have been in the same class for 3 years straight but I don't remember giving you the rights to call me like that." Shiraishi didn't want to sound too harsh but he felt this girl took things too far by saying bad things about Chinami. "I'm not talking about this anymore. Don't you address me by my given name ever again!" Shiraishi walked away from the girl, choosing not to talk to her anymore since it will not go anywhere now. When he turned the corner, he was bumped by a small girl. 

"Ah!" Chinami was about to fall back but Shiraishi caught her and pulled her into a hug. "B-Buchou..." 

"Got you. What are you doing here?" 

"You were gone, Kenya-senpai came back and he said he wanted to speak to you so he told me to find you." 

"Oh, he's finished with getting Osamu-chan's laundry?" Shiraishi found her really cute when she's not complaining about being in the hug, the way she's looking up at him with her innocent eyes was the cutest thing ever. "Is it just me or you look cuter than usual?" 

"I do?" 

"Yep. It makes me want to hold you all day." 

"But if you hold me all day, I won't be able to walk properly." Shiraishi chuckled at her words and he let her go. 

"Shall we go back then? Let's see what Kenya want to talk about..." 

"Okay." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chinami had no idea that by hanging out with Shiraishi and Kenya, she's irritating the girls who had their eyes on Shiraishi. Chinami's close with both of them, she saw them both as people who were important to her so it's only natural for her to see them during breaks, no? She would often go to Kenya's and Shiraishi's classroom with Zaizen so no one dared to confront her about it but today Zaizen was held back for being talking back to the teacher so the girls had the opportunity to confront her about it as she's on her way to class 3-2.