Chapter 38: Everything I despise

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry for scaring you, can you please tell me everything you know?" I asked. She smiled. 

"I'm about eight weeks, I went to see my doctor and he confirmed it. I got a paternity test but it came back inconclusive." she said, as I raised a eyebrow. 

"Why was it inconclusive?" I dared. I wasn't even sure I wanted to know. 

"It means that it was either to early to tell, or the test had a problem." She said looking at the ground. 

"Who did you have sex with Amanda. Tell me who." I demanded looking away. 

"Are you sure you wanna know, because once I tell you, you can't un-hear it." she said, I felt her eyes on me. 

"Yes." 

"It was Benji."

I made my way up my driveway and took a deep breath. Benji was going to have a lot of explaining to do. I walked in and almost ran smack into someone else. He turned around and smiled. Who was this? He had two different eye colors, brown hair, and was pretty tall. "Mason...what are you doing here?" Benji's voice sounded nervous. The guy in front of me moved out of the way, next to Benji. I felt the anger in me rise. 

"What's going on guys?" I asked as I saw all of the family gathered in the living room. The guy looked at Benji as if he wanted Benji to tell me. Benji seemed unsure but he changed real quick. 

"I was introducing my boyfriend, Julian, to the family." he said as casual as he could. My eyes widened. So this was Julian, Benji's boyfriend. Also the reason why Benji was out driving out so late and caused the accident that made Emma leave. Great.

"Why didn't you tell me he was coming? I would have been here." I said tying to push down my anger. Benji brought Julian over here without even telling me, why? What made him not want me here? Was he ashamed of me? Did he think I was mad at Julian for what happened to Emma? Why?

"Well...you haven't been in a good place since...Emma left. I didn't really want Julian to get the wrong idea of you." Benji tried to cover up. 

"So you were afraid that Julian wouldn't like me because I'm in a bad place because my girlfriend left me because you were driving to go see him?" I asked crossing my arms. Everyone's eyes widened.

"Mason!" My mother yelled in her motherly voice. 

"What? I'm in a bad place right?" I said to her with attitude. I didn't really mean to be mean to my mom, but I wasn't in a good mood. I looked towards Julian. "I'm sorry Julian for my response. I'm not mad at you, if I'm mad at anyone, I would be mad at Benji. After-all, he was the one driving." I snapped. 

"Mason!" My mother yelled again. I could tell she was disappointing in me, I was as well, but I couldn't stop my anger. "You need to leave." she said giving me her death stare. I was a little hurt that she asked me to leave, but I brought it onto myself. I looked at Benji. 

"Don't worry, I will, once I talk to Benji." I said and from the corner of my eye I saw Julian give a curious look. 

"No, you need to leave, now." she said crossing her arms. I my chest started to hurt, I hated making my mother this way, but this was between Benji and me. 

"It's about Amanda." I simply said. Both Benji and Julian's eyes widened as they looked a each other. 

"It's okay mom, I need to talk to Mason." Benji said as I followed him away from the living room and for prying ears. Once we were far enough away, Benji got a serious look on his face. 

"What about Amanda?" he said in a low voice. He looked like he was trying to hide something, he obviously didn't want me knowing about what happened between him and Amanda. I crossed my arms. 

"You really thought I wouldn't find out?" I asked, intrigued to see his side on this. He raised an eyebrow. 

"Find out about what?" he asked looking like he already knew the answer. 

"Amanda told me she was pregnant, and she doesn't know who the father is." I stared him down to see his reaction, he didn't looked shocked, maybe a little for the fact that I found out. He knew she was pregnant, but did he know I was the one who slept with her first? "She took the test and it came back inconclusive." I continued. 

"What does that have to do with me?" he asked as his voice cracked a little. I rolled my eyes. 

"Benji, I know you slept with her. I don't why, but I know you did because she told me." I stated as he got angry. 

"She told you? I made her promise not to tell anyone." he said almost to himself. I put my hands on his shoulders. He looked to me with a confused look on his face. 

"That's not the best part. Who do you think slept with her first?" I hinted at. He stood there looking like an idiot until his eyes widened. 

"No...no it can't be. You wouldn't..." he trailed off. He stepped back like I just smacked him across the face. I looked away for a split second and back at him. 

"I'm in a bad place remember?" was all I said as I rushed out of there. 

I've done horrible things since Emma left, and this was the worse one yet. I felt my cheeks get wet from the tears in my eyes, because at that moment I realized something. 

I became everything I despised.