Chapter 27:The floating rocks

I looked at Nathan and said "are u kidding me, there's no way I'm trying that"
"If I had a boost before I jumped I would have made it"he said in a convincing voice
"This is the only way to the capital there's no alternative route"Jane said
"Fine" I said under my breath I grabbed Nathan's rope and tied it around my body and double knotted it I Stepped back Lilly breathed heavily.
"Good luck" she said putting her hand on my shoulder and slowly sliding it off. I rubbed my feet across the ground and took off In s sprint when I reached the edge Nathan shoved me giving me a boost towards the rock. My feet hit the middle and I rolled a little but I went to far and started tipping back over the opposite edge but Jane tugged the rope and I fell back onto the rock. I got up and looked over at the rock it was farther now when I landed it moved the rock the rope was at its max stretch and it started to pull me I grabbed onto the rope and pulled back harder but the rock was to heavy instead I pulled out my knife and held it against the rope.
"No Liam don't do it you'll drift out" Jane yelled
I cut the rope and the rock started to turn it was tipping over, I dug the knife into the grass on top of the rock and grabbed on hard with my hand and squeezed the rock with my feet for placement. The rock was completely upside down now and one of my feet broke the edge of the rock and I hung off the rock by the knife it slowly turned back over and I got my hold again but the rock smashed into another one and the rock broke and I fell onto a small piece and pieces scattered all over I got up and jumped to another small rock and another and the grabbed the side of the huge rock that the other rock crashed into and pulled myself up climbing until I reached the top  and stood up panting resting my hands on my knees. I looked over to Jane Nathan and Lilly who where standing there in shock
"Are you okay" Lilly yelled
"Ya" I answered
I sat down to rest for a minute and I tried to think how I was going to get them over here onto this rock and then Nathan yelled to me.
"Liam I have an idea there's a bomb in my backpack I stole from one of the guards on the mountain I'm going to throw my backpack over to your rock and you can put it on the side of the rock and it could blow it of course towards us and we can kick off the edge to move it back"
I nodded and stood on the edge of the rock Nathan backed up and winded up and ran toward me and threw the backpack toward me it flew through the air but it was to low and it was going to fall short so I leaned off the rock pushing all my weight forward and grabbed the backpack I pulled back up and Nathan cheered I opened the backpack but there was no bomb only a note I opened the paper in the backpack so Jane and Lilly couldn't see what I was doing and read it it said.
Liam I've been thinking about our trip and where we are going and I realized this isn't a fight we can win in anyone's perspective this is us giving up and going to get killed, and we care about Jane and Lilly so why are we bringing them do u want to see them die... Under this note is a rope if u agree and think that they would be better off living here instead of dying with us throw the rope to me and you can pull me up and we can continue to take as many gargants out as we can and leave them here to live.
I folded up the note and grabbed the rope and stood up I threw the rope across the gap and it landed by Jane she went to grab it and Nathan ran up and shoved her on the ground Lilly ran over to her Nathan tied the rope around his waist and walked up to Jane who was still laying on the ground.
"I'm sorry we had to do this Jane"Nathan said and dropped another note on the ground next to Lilly and walked over to the edge of the cliff. I tied the rope around my waist to and wrapped the rope around my arm and prepared for Nathan's weight he slowly lowered himself down the side and then let go of the cliff side and the rope jerked I fell onto my stomach and was sliding off the rock I untwisted the rope from my arm and tried to find something to grab onto but my hands slipped and then I found a small rock sticking out of the ground and grabbed onto it the rope was still tied around my waist I pulled my wight and stood up I was on the edge of floating rock and I pulled the rope and I kept pulling until he was almost up and then all the sudden my arms gave out and all the rope i has reeled in started getting pulled of the rock and then it ran out and the rope around my waist it pulled me hard and I got flung off the rock and started falling towards the ground but I couldn't see the ground it was foggy, Nathan screamed and I grabbed the rope and started pulling him towards me and I finally caught up to him and we where still falling I grabbed onto his back and he turned around and suddenly we stopped falling.