Chapter 12:Darkwood

Jane shook me gently I opened my eyes " Your turn for look out " she said laying down on the ground by the fire I sat up and rubbed my face with my hands. I got up and walked away from the fire I looked over to the forest all I saw was blackness it looked abandoned. That morning we started walking towards darkwood it took us two hours but we finally made it there we stood cautiously before entering I took the first step into the woods and reached for a branch to keep my balance I heard a stretching noise I looked down under my shoe was a little white rope I looked around.
"Guys don't come in here" I yelled to them
They peeked around the corner "go!" I screamed they backed up I took a deep breath and took my foot off the rope and jumped to the ground u huge log swung down across the path.
"Are u ok" Nathan said helping me up
"Ya"I replied brushing the dirt of my knees. Then walked back into the woods slowly watching my steps we reached a a huge field of really long grass like a corn field.
"Guys" Julian said
I turned around he was pointing to a huge white tree an arrow sticking out of it another one flew by there was people moving in the bushes behind us.
"Run" I screamed
They ran into the field I followed the grass hitting my skin leaving cuts on my legs and arms I heard arrows flying past us but I kept running and I tripped on a root and fell on my back I got up and kept running I saw the end of the field I kept running I jumped through grass and right outside the grass was a steep hill I tumbled down dodging the trees and rocks I hit the ground hard so hard it knocked the wind out of me I gasped for air Nathan Naomi and Julian helped me up. Julian had Jackie on the ground her head was bleeding I knew she was dead we just started walking Jane next to me the woods where dark the white and dark brown trees and twigs surrounding us we moved through the forest the woods where black now we slept there for the night on the mossy ground we kept walking that night hoping to find there base but nothing was here it was deserted we kept walking u till it was to dark to continue and slept for the night I kept guard first an arrow flew through the sky and landed right next to me in the dirt a paper was rapped around it I picked it up and it said Follow my signs so we can talk. I sat up a bright green glow lit up the woods I walked over, it was a arrow glowing up the light died after a couple minutes another one lit up I walked over to it I followed a couple more and they stopped coming I wanted for awhile until an archer jumped down from the tree he aimed his bow at me.
"Who are u"He said
"Me and my group came here for help we need backup to fight them" I said
He looked at me and then said "I can't promise anything but I will talk to my leader"
"I'm Liam and u are?"I said
"You can call me Abraham" and he dived into undergrowth and I didn't see him anymore but the arrow lit back up and I followed the trail back collecting them in case I needed them I laid back down hiding them from the rest of the group the next morning we continued walking I dropped Abrahams arrows to make a trail for him to find us we. We walked until it was dark again and slept for the night Abraham shook me I woke up.
"We can help u" he said
"How" I said sitting up
"We will send our three best warriors to aid u in your war" he replied
I looked there where two people behind him dresses in green armor with there bows on there back
"This is Colton, and cork" he said pointing to each one behind him and I assumed Abraham was the third they slept with us that night setting up little tents for them to stay in. When the sun rises they where up and ready to go with there arrows sharpened and tent packed up in there bag we started walking through the really long grass pushing it away from my face.
"Run" Cork screamed a huge purple blur ran across the field in front of me with sharp teeth and a long tail I ran forward trying to avoid the beast I looked over Colton was on the ground the beast above him laying flat on his back one of his arrows laid on the grass by my foot I picked it up and clenched it in my hand I started running again something wrapped around my leg and I fell on the ground I turned around on my back and the beast was right above my his teeth showing in front of me there was a spike on the tip of his tail and jabbed it at my neck I turned on my side barley avoiding it I stabbed his tail with the arrow he jumped back letting out a fowl screech I got back up and ran out of the grass.
"Did Colton get the stalker?" cork asked me
I shook my head blood on my shoulder from the beast he emerged from the grass and growled loudly Abraham and cork drew there bows back letting arrows fly into its stomach it still stood up I ran at it the arrow in my hand and jumped onto his back stabbing him he flung me on the dirt I got back up Abraham was still shooting it with arrows while Nathan Jane, Naomi, and Julian stood behind him. Nathan threw me his gun I aimed it at the stalkers head and shot he fell to the ground his mouth open I held my arm and walked over to Abraham he put his hand on my shoulder and nodded I walked away they set up there tents and Nathan started a fire and I fell asleep next to it herring the growls in the woods from the beasts that are lurking.